rdelatorre1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Left Vs Right muscle and some tips please.

Hey guys, I know there are quite a few threads around about this subject. However, most of them talk about the reasons why that is rather than an actual solution.

I just started working out 3 months ago. I have not had any sort of Gym experience before so most of what I do is research online since I can't really pay for a trainer right now.

I am 19 years old, I weigh 179lbs and I am 6'2. I used to weigh 192 before I started working out, so I have lost 13lbs in 3 months so far ( is that good? bad? average?). I go to the gym Monday-Friday for at least an hour. ( or 30 minutes if I have class).

Right now my goal is to try to lose that belly fat. I am fairly skinny, but genetics favors belly fat unfortunately. When I say skinny I do not mean I am thin. I am actually fairly "big boned" for lack of a better word.

With that said, I have been doing some weights as well so that I can start gaining muscle. I noticed that my left arm is "harder" to flex? I see the muscle in my left hand flex but it doesn't do it as much as my right. I have read that this could be due to the fact that I am right handed? also, I hear that it is bad to try to work out "more" on the weak hand to even things out. I would like to know some reasoning as to why that is. Granted you keep doing what you are doing normally but just add like 2-3 more reps to your left hand on each workout, why is it bad?.

Now for some tips. I have noticed I am getting stronger, I try to do 4-5 sets of 5 repetitions and I rest 30-40 seconds in between ( is this ok??). I can lift twice as much as I used to. Muscle wise I really haven't gained much that I can notice, but I assume that's because it hasn't been that long?
    What do you guys recommend for muscle build up; sets and reps wise.
    Also, I hear posture is a must when doing lifting, since I have no idea, I just try to do it exactly what the instructions and the picture looks like on the machines. I'm assuming that should be accurate right?

lastly, and sorry for the long post. How long is it normal to be sore for? is it normal to be sore after each workout every morning? I have been doing this for 3 months and I'm constantly sore.
    Not really too noticeable but I can still feel it. Am I doing something wrong? Posture maybe? lifting too much?

Any other comments that might help me?
    Last edited by rdelatorre1; 05-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.

skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    why is this in teen misc? post this in teen bodybuilding...
    I bodybuild, I don't powerlift, as far as how much I can lift goes it doesn't matter to me, it's how much I grow.
    >>rep canadian brahs on site
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124758881 < workout log

Originally Posted by skaffer View Post
    why is this in teen misc? post this in teen bodybuilding...
    IM not sure how.. This is my first thread. I was reading a similar thread so i decided to post it here as well.

skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't know how? go to the teen bodybuilding section...and post, don't click teen misc, and also make your post much shorter, clearer, and if possible in point form if you want actual results...most people here are somewhat lifters, not literary scholars, nor do we have the attention span
    I bodybuild, I don't powerlift, as far as how much I can lift goes it doesn't matter to me, it's how much I grow.
    >>rep canadian brahs on site
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124758881 < workout log

Originally Posted by skaffer View Post
    You don't know how? go to the teen bodybuilding section...and post, don't click teen misc, and also make your post much shorter, clearer, and if possible in point form if you want actual results...most people here are somewhat lifters, not literary scholars, nor do we have the attention span
    Oh.. I thought My post was pretty simple albeit long. I'll try again then. Thanks anyway though.