AshDeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I starting out right?

I'm a 17 year old female. My height's 5'1, weight's 110lb.
    My waist is 25.5 and hips are 36.5
    Upper thighs are 23, lower thighs are 16.
    I have a horrible belly, especially when i'm sitting!
    I want to get fitter, leaner legs, tighten up my sides and lose the belly.

So i've done my share of research but i'm still pretty clueless. I have 4-5 healthy meals a day.
    Below is an example of today's meal (Just today's meal though, I try to change and eat different kinds of food everyday)

1st meal : Half bowl of muesli with cold milk, 150ml yoghurt, 2TBS red beans
    2nd meal : Unsweetened tea, A pear, A bowl of pasta (Wheat pasta, mushroom, broccoli, carrots, 2 different kinds of leafy veggies, tofu, tuna, chilli, garlic, onion, half a TBS of soy oil)
    3rd meal : Chicken wrap (Wheat wrap, many different raw veggies, chicken)
    4th meal : Unsweetened tea, two slices of multigrain bread with unsweetened mango and pineapple jam, an egg, a bowl of oats(no sugar)

I did 30 minutes worth of workout video from Tiffany Rothe. Ran up 13 floors. Did skipping for 15 minutes, weights for 15 minutes( I only have dumbells) and 15 minutes of other cardio (mountain climbers, high knees etc.)

If I do this would I lose fat? Although I'm definitely aiming to gain lean muscle, I want to concentrate on losing that extra fat first. Because m my thights and butt are really too big and seem out of proportion. I do 15 minute of weights though. Because I heard it helps with burning more fat if you do it before cardio.

I don't know how to estimate my calories. How much calories did I consume today? And how much calories did I burn? Did I lose any fat for today? I have a LOT more questions. If there's any one out there willing to answer my questions through private message please do! Thanks! Cheers!

Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AshDeb View Post

So i've done my share of research but i'm still pretty clueless. I have 4-5 healthy meals a day.
    Below is an example of today's meal (Just today's meal though, I try to change and eat different kinds of food everyday)

2nd meal : Unsweetened tea, A pear, A bowl of pasta (Wheat pasta, mushroom, broccoli, carrots, 2 different kinds of leafy veggies, tofu, tuna, chilli, garlic, onion, half a TBS of soy oil)
    4th meal : Unsweetened tea, two slices of multigrain bread with unsweetened mango and pineapple jam, an egg, a bowl of oats(no sugar)

I did 30 minutes worth of workout video from Tiffany Rothe. Ran up 13 floors. Did skipping for 15 minutes, weights for 15 minutes( I only have dumbells) and 15 minutes of other cardio (mountain climbers, high knees etc.)

If I do this would I lose fat? Although I'm definitely aiming to gain lean muscle, I want to concentrate on losing that extra fat first. Because m my thights and butt are really too big and seem out of proportion. I do 15 minute of weights though. Because I heard it helps with burning more fat if you do it before cardio.

I don't know how to estimate my calories. How much calories did I consume today? And how much calories did I burn? Did I lose any fat for today? I have a LOT more questions. If there's any one out there willing to answer my questions through private message please do! Thanks! Cheers!
    doesnt sound like a bad start but have you read the sticky losing fat for noobs, it helped me alot and
    explains thing very well in the original post also massive amount of advice from other forum members regarding calorie counting etc.

Good luck with you goals.

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Diet doesn't sound too bad seems to be lacking in protein which you'll need if you want to keep what muscle you have or gain more. As suggested read the stickies especially weight loss for noobs and also stickies in the nutrition section. To lose weight you need to eat at a calorie deficit. How do you know how many calories you consume? Get a free calorie counting app. I like my fitness pal . com and start entering everything you eat and pay attention to portion sizes and labels. Get after it!
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000) Callous is just really nice. (+1000)

Doing cardio wont necessarily make you lose fat, it'll definitly help though.(allowing you to eat more food while cutting weight)

When counting calories just try to count them in multiples of 100, thats what i used to do-also theres a lot of phone apps that can help, myfitnesspal is the most popular one.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

also everyone's stomach sticks out at least a little when they're sitting down :/