Location: corfe mullen, dorest, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Slippery Hands during deadlifts

My (box) gym doesnt allow chalk for deadlifting, or any reason I suppose. Problem is lack of gription (you know, gription) when I get above 300lbs or so. I can use wrist wraps but want my grip strength to grow with my DLs. I know about wrapping the bar with a towel to improve hand strength, but this about the slimy bar. Anyone?

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bring chalk anyway.

But if you're a stickler for the rules or they harass you, get liquid chalk.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500) rockandrollaz is not very helpful. (-500)
    what about those magnesium balls (not chalk, lol) they use for climbing

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Bionic full finger gloves seem to work for me while DLing, though IMO anything that "helps" with grip would be detrimental to your goal of increasing grip strength (maybe even chalk). I only have issues when I get one of the new bars at the gym that still have packing oil/grease/residue on them but in that case I'm not sure anything will help, even the straps slip a little on those.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...gloves&Ntk=All

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use sponges,a little trick Roy Callender showed me in the Seventies.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thewhaleshark View Post
    Problem is lack of gription (you know, gription) when I get above 300lbs or so. I can use wrist wraps
    Do you really mean wrist straps?

Originally Posted by thewhaleshark View Post
    but want my grip strength to grow with my DLs. I know about wrapping the bar with a towel to improve hand strength, but this about the slimy bar. Anyone?
    Personally I only see wrapping a towel around the bar making the bar even easier to slip out of hands. But I don't really understand what you're asking. You can't use chalk because your gym bans it ( please don't be an a_s and ignore that ), and you state you want to improve your grip, so.... improve your grip strength. One very good way to improve grip for deadlifting is to deadlift double overhand without straps. Personally I don't buy the slimy bar argument, I lick my hands and rub them together prior to deadlifting ( or heavy farmers walk, axle work,... ), I don't own chalk. It's most likely your grip not the bar.

Good luck.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a brand (I think it's Metolius) that makes a little bag of something like talc they call "Eco Ball". I know..."eco"...whatever. It's marketing, but if you can get past the name, it's not really chalk but works for grip as well as chalk does. I've used both, and had to use that talc stuff when I was going to Gold's, and they didn't want me using chalk.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In all my heavy deadlifts, I use DryHands. No mess, and works nearly identical to chalk. You'll never have a slippery grip again.

Unless you tear a callus off.
    The Iron will never Lie to you.
    “Whatever doesn’t kill me… had better start running”
    Willpower is a muscle, and as such, it must be exercised. Heavily and Often.

Continually paying my Dues in the Iron-Sanctuary.com

Location: corfe mullen, dorest, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! Lots of good stuff here. I honestly really dont think it is my grip strength per se because if I can get a grip on the bar I can hold it. My day job by nature is all about grip strength. Just some bars are slippery. Yeah, and I dont really want to piss off the gym as I spend a lot of my time there. And Ox, i did mean straps! My bad. And by wrapping the bar I meant for hand training not to increase the DL. Thanks all