Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up New: The Bizzy Diet Review

Intro & Beginning Stats

Ok so i am in my 15th week of cutting. Current Stats:
    - 6.2% BF, going for 5%.
    - 169.1 lbs this morning
    - I felt like i was stuck at the same level for about a week so i wanted to change things up.

The Bizzy Diet Workout Plan came out yesterday and I decided to give it a shot. Plan on doing it for a week to cut this last 1% BF (maybe more if needed). Here is the link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-bizzy-diet.html

I changed up the diet a bit adding in a higher amount of protein like he suggested for advanced lifters (not trying to burn muscle here). My diet will stay the same for the duration with only a few adjustments here and there

To give you a gauge on my approximate strength (i have lost a bit recently, low calories have taken a toll on me) here are some max stats:
    Flat BB Bench: 225 x 5
    BB Squat: 375 x 5
    BB Curl: 115 x 5
    Incline DB Bench: 95 x 5
    BB DL: 375 x 5

Day 1: Workout A, Upper Body

Did Workout A (upper body) today and WOW. I am not used to mixing cardio and weight circuits together but i must admit I am impressed.

Macros for day 1: 1850 Calories, 24g of fat, 91g Carbs (veggies and indirect carbs), 319g Protein (thats a ton).

Workout time: 5 PM-5:50 PM

Here is the workout:
    1. HIIT: 1 min walk followed by 1 min sprint for 20 min total (began with 8 mph for first sprint, increased each time by .5MPH. Ended with 12 MPH for the last few)
    2. Upper body circuit: DB Bench (50lb x 20), 1-Arm DB Row (50lb x 20), DB Shoulder Press (25lb x 20), DB Bicep Curl (20lb x 20), Tricep DB Kickback (15lb x20)... Repeat 2x
    3. Cardio: 5 Min low intensity cycling, 5 min high intensity cycling.
    4. Repeated Upper Body Circuit 2x

Workout A Review:
    Starting off with the HIIT session really kicks things off. Drenching in sweat when i moved into the weight circuit. Finished all reps (used a few rest pauses). Biking was a nice break, then back to my second weight circuit. My muscles were beat. I also had a pretty decent pump. Finished all reps but had to use more rest pauses. Failed on last rep for bench without rest pause. Failed at about 15 for the other exercises but used rest pauses to finish up. My body was exhausted! Great workout, not at all what I was expecting. Burned 275 calories for HIIT session and 75 on cycling. Much better than i was expecting for a circuit!

Day 2: Workout B, Lower Body

So today I did workout B, which was a lower body circuit. This was TOUGH! Mixed up the HIIT a bit, ill explain below!

Macros for the Day: 1850 Calories, 19g of fat, 98g of Carbs, 332g of protein

Time of Workout: 11 AM-11:55 AM

Here is the workout:
    1. HIIT: 1 min low speed cycling followed by 1 min standing cycle sprint for 20 min total (Switched it up today!)
    2. Lower body circuit: BB Squat (135lb x 20), DB Lunges (20lb x 15 each leg), Calf Raises on Box (BW x 50), Weighted Standard Crunch (10lb x 50), Feet up and crossed Weighted Crunch (10lb x 50)... Repeat 2x
    3. Cardio: 5 Min low intensity walk (4 MPH), 5 min high intensity Run (1 min @ 10 MPH, 1 min @ 9.5, 1 min @ 9, 1 min @ 8, 1 min @ 7).

Workout B Review:
    Starting off with the HIIT session really sets you up for some tough lower body reps. My legs were already feeling it before i even moved into the weight circuit. Finished all reps (used a few rest pauses). The second set of cardio after the circuit was tough, then back to my second weight circuit. My muscles were beat and my legs were throbbing. Finished all reps but had to use more rest pauses. Got lightheaded in the middle of squats so had to take a 10 sec rest pause to just breath. Burned 225 calories for cycling HIIT session and 100 on the treadmill. My legs are currently dead! This was probably the most intense workout I have ever done. My lungs are not too happy with me! Ha

Tomorrow is a Rest Day... Gonna hit up some cardio. Be back to report tomorrow night!
    Last edited by Jmhager; 05-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Check us out in the Store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/store/evlution.html

Follow Us and PM me for Free Samples:
    IG: @EVLsports & @Jmhager29
    FB: ********.com/Evlsports

carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carpediempig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In. Plan looks interesting, if it works well for you I might give it a shot to get in shape for rugby

Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jmhager is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bump, updated the log... Day 2 added, check it out. Love some feedback!
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Check us out in the Store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/store/evlution.html

lugonatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long do you rest in between lifting exercises?

There is 0 rest, push through as quickly as you can. Although a couple of times I had to catch my breath
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

lugonatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jmhager View Post
    There is 0 rest, push through as quickly as you can. Although a couple of times I had to catch my breath
    Ok, another question, say you are doing bench......as soon as you're done with 1 set of 20, do you do another set with no rest? Or do you keep moving through the other lifts and then do a second set?

do the 1st set of each exercise, then cycle back through. so, bench (x20), then row (x20) and so on...
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

EasyChi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it matter when you do your workout or is it specific? As in when you first wake up or after work before dinner?
    Last edited by EasyChi; 05-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Originally Posted by EasyChi View Post
    Does it matter when you do your workout or is it specific? As in when you first wake up or after work before dinner?
    The workout is designed for people with busy schedules so that it can be worked in whenever you have time. I recommend morning/afternoon so you are have alot of energy but anytime works!!
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

So since it has been over 2 days since my original post, I can no longer edit! The the next days will be posted as replies! Sorry Guys!...

After a couple hectic days of travel and work, I am finally able to report on days 3 and 4!

Day 3, Active Rest Day

I was all around pretty sore today so I decided to take it easy. I stuck to the diet and diet some low intensity cardio in the morning--- 30min outdoor walk around the neighborhood: about a 4MPH pace.

Macros for day 3: 1874 Calories, 35g of Fat, 80g of Carbs, and 294g of Protein.

Day 4, Workout A: Upper Body

Did Workout A (upper body) this morning. I upped the weight slightly which really added to the intensity. Also switched up the cardio.

Macros for day 4: 1816 Calories, 50g of fat (20 extra grams from 10oz of beef instead of chicken), 80g Carbs (Banana Post WO. rest from veggies and indirect carbs), 256g Protein (Reduced bc higher fat today).

Workout time: 9 AM-9:45 AM

Here is the workout:
    1. HIIT: Legs still sore so I split it up: 10 min of bike sprints (1 min steady, 1 min high speed) then 10 min of treadmill sprints (1 min walk, 1 min sprint: began with 10 mph for first sprint, ended with 13 MPH for last)
    2. Upper body circuit: DB Bench (55lb x 20), 1-Arm DB Row (55lb x 20), DB Shoulder Press (25lb x 20), DB Bicep Curl (20lb x 20), Tricep DB Kickback (15lb x20)... Repeat 2x
    3. Cardio: 5 Min low intensity cycling, 5 min high intensity cycling.

Workout Overview:
    Today's workout was really tough, my legs were still tired from the HIIT from previous days and sore as heck from the lower body circuit. Because, they were a little tight, I wanted to start off HIIT on the bike to loosen them up, before i progressed into treadmill sprints. The circuit was really tough today, since i increased the weight on bench and rows (failure on the 20th rep of bench & 1 rest pause for rows). 20 reps really felt like a lot today. All the other exercises seemed to get harder, even though I didn't increase the weight, since I upped to 55lb for DB bench and rows. Overall, I burned some serious calories today. The first cardio session burned roughly 225 and the second burned 75. Thats 300 calories burned, not including the hundreds from the weight circuits and due to my increased metabolic rate for the next few hours! Great workout.

Day 5, Active Rest Day

Took it pretty easy today, got my cardio in with about 2 hours of walking around an outdoor festival, other than that I got some quality rest.

Macros for Day 5: 1723 Calories, 43g of Fat, 63g of Carbs, and 269g of Protein.

Day 6: Workout B, Lower Body

So today I did workout B for the second time, which was the lower body circuit.

Macros for Day 6: 1853 Calories, 37g of fat (fish oil, flaxseed, and fat from pork chops), 111g of Carbs (tons of veggies today), 279g of protein

Time of Workout: 3 PM-4 PM

Here is the workout:
    1. HIIT: 1 min low speed cycling followed by 1 min standing cycle sprint for 20 min total
    2. Lower body circuit: BB Squat (135lb x 20), DB Lunges (25lb x 15 each leg), Calf Raises on Box (BW x 50), Weighted Standard Crunch (10lb x 50), Feet up and crossed Weighted Crunch (10lb x 50)... Repeat 2x
    3. Cardio: 5 Min low intensity walk (4 MPH), 5 min high intensity Run (1 min @ 10 MPH, 1 min @ 9.5, 1 min @ 9, 1 min @ 8, 1 min @ 7).

Workout B Review:
    I wanna start off by saying my legs were feeling terrible today! I really had to push hard to get all the reps out. I had to take a few extra rest pauses but I got it done! I kept the same weight for everything, but increased to 25lb for the DB Lunges. I had to take a couple breaks in between exercises cause i literally thought i was going to throw up! ha good thing I didn't. Great workout once again!

Tomorrow is my last day of cutting (active rest day- gonna swim laps and do a little abs) then its time for my own "Peak Week" Ill report back with my final stats!
    Last edited by Jmhager; 05-07-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Bump, day 5 & 6 Logs added
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

alphaboxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump, day 5 & 6 Logs added
    Hey Jmhager just wondered how you got on with Bizzy? Gonna start today >_< eek!
    Can I ask, Did you ditch the diet? I mean know all about 6 meals etc, but some of it looks soooooo low. Ie breakfast 1 egg and two strips of turkey for women. Normally I'll have some carbs to kick off my day in the form of either oats or veggies but on the diet pack they don't appear till about 1pm! (hellllooooo broccoli how I have missed you my dear friend!) I also don't have the gel sachets so gonna swap in my protein shake instead

Did you also reach your target? Thanks for this post btw, very insightful

x

joker92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I'm pretty new to bodybuilding and I thought about trying this workout. Of course I'll reduce the amount of reps to maybe 8 or 10 and won't use a lot of weight in the beginning. The problem is I'm already almost underweight so I don't want to actually lose fat and my main aim is to build muscle. Do you think this workout will help me build muscle whilst keeping my weight? I was thinking about not doing the cardio and focus on the weight lifting instead. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by alphaboxes View Post
    Hey Jmhager just wondered how you got on with Bizzy? Gonna start today >_< eek!
    Can I ask, Did you ditch the diet? I mean know all about 6 meals etc, but some of it looks soooooo low. Ie breakfast 1 egg and two strips of turkey for women. Normally I'll have some carbs to kick off my day in the form of either oats or veggies but on the diet pack they don't appear till about 1pm! (hellllooooo broccoli how I have missed you my dear friend!) I also don't have the gel sachets so gonna swap in my protein shake instead

Did you also reach your target? Thanks for this post btw, very insightful

x
    Goodluck!! It's tough!... As for the diet, I changed it up quite a bit actually. If I had followed the diet exactly I would have only eaten around 1300-1400 calories a day which is way to low. He suggests upping the protein for advance lifters looking to retain muscle mass so that is what I did. I also added in a 4 oz banana and 2 scoops of protein post workout to help preserve muscle. All other carbs came from veggies and I ate A TON of them. There are essentially no non fibrous carbs in this diet which is hard but manageable. For that reason I only did it for 1 week to end off my cut.

As for my progress... Today is my last day and I dropped a lb and a half which is exactly what I wanted (that's in the safe fat loss zone- too much more would risk muscle loss). I reached my goal of dropping under 6% bf as well! Feelin great!
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

Originally Posted by joker92 View Post
    Hi, I'm pretty new to bodybuilding and I thought about trying this workout. Of course I'll reduce the amount of reps to maybe 8 or 10 and won't use a lot of weight in the beginning. The problem is I'm already almost underweight so I don't want to actually lose fat and my main aim is to build muscle. Do you think this workout will help me build muscle whilst keeping my weight? I was thinking about not doing the cardio and focus on the weight lifting instead. Thanks in advance!
    Ok so here is what I recommend, if you are not trying to lose fat. You should try something like Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program (it's on by.com too). It is geared more towards muscle and strength gains and has a nice clean diet as well. This program is a fat loss program and circuits are basically meant to shed fat, not build muscle. If you have any questions or want some advice feel free to PM me
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

So today was my final day doing the Bizzy Program! I got some great results. I was down 1.7lbs from a week ago (morning weight) and looking leaner and more vascular.

Day 7, OFF

I was going to use today as active rest but i decided to take it completely off and relax instead. I really needed it, my body is pretty sore and was extremely tired!

Macros for day 7: Macros for Day 6: 1806 Calories, 42g of fat (Had 12oz of Top Sirloin for dinner, fish oil, flaxseed), 83g of Carbs (4.5 oz of banana + veggies), 272g of protein

I am starting a clean bulk next week so i am going to take some time off to clear my head and stop worrying about calories. Instead, until then i will just be doing portion sizes! And I seriously cannot wait to actually eat some carbs! ha I am going to post a new thread with my entire 7 day log on the initial post tomorrow, as well as update my final stats from the morning. Thanks everyone!
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

dank91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started the bizzy diet yesterday and I was shocked on how much sweat can actually come out of one body.. However for the exercises the first two rounds I was able to hit the 20 reps but after the second round if cardio and back into it I was only hitting 10-15 reps per exercise.. Is it essential to hot the 20 reps??? I was feeling light headed at times aswel so I had to take a couple of breaks.. But overall it seems good and it's only for three weeks.. However I didn't like the diet plan that came with it one because I don't have all the money for the supps.. Any suggestions on alternative plans???

Originally Posted by dank91 View Post
    Started the bizzy diet yesterday and I was shocked on how much sweat can actually come out of one body.. However for the exercises the first two rounds I was able to hit the 20 reps but after the second round if cardio and back into it I was only hitting 10-15 reps per exercise.. Is it essential to hot the 20 reps??? I was feeling light headed at times aswel so I had to take a couple of breaks.. But overall it seems good and it's only for three weeks.. However I didn't like the diet plan that came with it one because I don't have all the money for the supps.. Any suggestions on alternative plans???
    You should try and hit 20 reps each set.. Try the rest pause technique where you go to failure, rest 10-15 seconds and then continue. Do that till you get 20. For the diet, just stick with high protein from lean sources, fibrous veggies for carbs, and healthy fats
    EVLution Nutrition Rep

tino17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fruits?

You should try and hit 20 reps each set.. Try the rest pause technique where you go to failure, rest 10-15 seconds and then continue. Do that till you get 20. For the diet, just stick with high protein from lean sources, fibrous veggies for carbs, and healthy fats
    I noticed that he has fruits listed in the diet but doesn't talk about eating them at all. They interchangeable with veggies? Thanks

jtstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you take all the supplements that were included in the workout/diet?