Thread: Money Mailers

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Money Mailers

Anyone used and had success? I own a training facility in Chicago and am considering it. Here is the deal:

10,000 mailers delivered in about a 4-6 block radius of my facility. I could do 5 mailers over the span of 6 months(every 5 weeks they go out) so 50,000 mailers and cost would be about $1300.

I know a good deal of people toss them out without opening them but I figure it only takes 1-2 clients to break even on the investment.

Any thoughts or experiences?

jrdunassigned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Boom782 View Post
    Anyone used and had success? I own a training facility in Chicago and am considering it. Here is the deal:

10,000 mailers delivered in about a 4-6 block radius of my facility. I could do 5 mailers over the span of 6 months(every 5 weeks they go out) so 50,000 mailers and cost would be about $1300.

I know a good deal of people toss them out without opening them but I figure it only takes 1-2 clients to break even on the investment.

Any thoughts or experiences?
    What other advertising techniques have you tried?

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Craigslist has brought us a few clients. I have branded shirts, bottles, and bags. I use social media sites a lot. I tried postcards before that I left out at certain businesses. SEO for my website. I have gift cards worth $50 I give to current clients to help bring in referrals. Other than that I haven't done any other paid advertising.

Oh I tried ******** and google ads about a year ago with no luck.

Originally Posted by Boom782 View Post
    Craigslist has brought us a few clients. I have branded shirts, bottles, and bags. I use social media sites a lot. I tried postcards before that I left out at certain businesses. SEO for my website. I have gift cards worth $50 I give to current clients to help bring in referrals. Other than that I haven't done any other paid advertising.

Oh I tried ******** and google ads about a year ago with no luck.
    Have you tried engaging a chiropractor, private doctor's office, and other related fields to do free cross-promotion, maybe with a % kick-back? I.E. you get 10% from clients that you refer and he gets 10% kick-back on clients that he has referred to you?

If you get one local practitioner from each field you avoid a conflict of interest and could generate a lead or two for no charge...

The reason I'm so skeptical about mailers is because, as you pointed out, they get tossed quickly.

Additionally, I'm of the "permission marketing" school of thought; you'll generate more returning business by being a welcome distraction. Customers will tune into you instead of tuning you out with the other noise.

Also, you could consider developing a personal app for your clients that comes as part of having you as a PT, maybe with updates, etc. Would only cost about $600 to hire a programmer online; just draw up pictures of exactly what you want.

I would direct you to this recent article from the Harvard Business Review:
    blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/05/what_do_consumer_really_want_s(DOT)html

Customers want simplicity, and one of the ways you can simplify things is to actively engage them once they agree to give you a test-run. Keep things simple for them by doing all of the information work, via a private app or some other method.