Thread: Cake then gym?

Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cake then gym?

Phrased badly. Not a troll.
    Can we do it? And no I don't do this every day, but iw ant to know whether it's safe to eat cake then hit the gym. Where do you draw the line between feeling rough from bad diet and binge-purge cycle
    I got badass sugar rush then comedown now cba. Depite disordered eating habits, didn't feel guilty or in ened of getting rid of this, I really enjoyed it (until the sugar rush lol, then ehalth anxiety kicked in) If Iwaited a few hours then went, it wouldn't be purging right?
    note: not aiming to purge. if this sounds like it, kick me. Otherwise help
    Move thread if needs be
    Last edited by Ramses78; 05-01-2012 at 11:01 AM.

drizzleking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drizzleking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drizzleking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What's your goals? I can't think of one instance where this can be good...

Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you have the cravings for sweets, go nuts, just make sure you get your protein in along with your gym workouts and you're fine. It's more important that you hit the gym daily to keep your body active and metabolism high then eating like crap that one meal before you go workout. I casually get a sweet tooth every now and then and buy a kit kat bar, eat it mid-day, then back to eating chicken breast and fruits.

Hitting the gym needs to be 100% of the time. Dieting clean can be 90% of the time. Get active, play a sport or join aerobic classes. Something that'll get you moving day in and day out. At this point, you won't be worried about one piece of cake doing damage to you. And at this point, you'll probably be more conscious not to eat junk food and stall your weight loss progress. Good luck.

MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Assassin10 View Post
    If you have the cravings for sweets, go nuts, just make sure you get your protein in along with your gym workouts and you're fine. It's more important that you hit the gym daily to keep your body active and metabolism high then eating like crap that one meal before you go workout. I casually get a sweet tooth every now and then and buy a kit kat bar, eat it mid-day, then back to eating chicken breast and fruits.

Hitting the gym needs to be 100% of the time. Dieting clean can be 90% of the time. Get active, play a sport or join aerobic classes. Something that'll get you moving day in and day out. At this point, you won't be worried about one piece of cake doing damage to you. And at this point, you'll probably be more conscious not to eat junk food and stall your weight loss progress. Good luck.

I'm not sure where you got your info from bro... but Gym < Diet. You can spend all day in the gym... but if your diet isn't set, you're not going to get the results you want. I'm not saying you can't treat yourself every now and then rarely... but saying gym time outweighs your nutrition is dead wrong.

mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MikeyH83 View Post
    I'm not sure where you got your info from bro... but Gym < Diet. You can spend all day in the gym... but if your diet isn't set, you're not going to get the results you want. I'm not saying you can't treat yourself every now and then rarely... but saying gym time outweighs your nutrition is dead wrong.
    ^^^This

“You have to focus on your food and nutrition. That's super, super important. MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN GO TO THE GYM AND WORK OUT IF YOUR NUTRITION IS NOT INTACT...Consistency. Stay with it. You HAVE TO do this day in, day out. It becomes a LIFESTYLE.“ -Jay Cutler
    �You have to focus on your FOOD and NUTRITION. That's super, super IMPORTANT. MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN GO TO THE GYM AND WORK OUT IF YOUR NUTRITION IS NOT INTACT...Consistency. Stay with it. You HAVE TO do this day in, day out. It becomes a LIFESTYLE.� -Jay Cutler

Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys, don't worry. My diet's fairly clean (perhaps not completely, but certainly compared to most). It's a bit dirtier than it was, but back then I was a borderline ED case. I'm pretty committed. I'm more concerned about whether an insulin spike pre-workout is dangerous (I know it's obviously not GREAT to eat cake before hitting a treadmill...) because I did go in once and they thought I was purging...

MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeyH83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ramses78 View Post
    Guys, don't worry. My diet's fairly clean (perhaps not completely, but certainly compared to most). It's a bit dirtier than it was, but back then I was a borderline ED case. I'm pretty committed. I'm more concerned about whether an insulin spike pre-workout is dangerous (I know it's obviously not GREAT to eat cake before hitting a treadmill...) because I did go in once and they thought I was purging...
    Well I guess it depends on your goals. I can't think of a single instance where eating cake before going to the gym would be beneficial. Except a carbload, but there are a TON of better choices.