frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

GF needs advice - 6.5 weeks out of first comp

She's sitting at 6.5 weeks out from her first figure competition. Any advice? Is she on track. she will be lurking this thread for answers!

Any help/opinions would be great!

Check out my youtube channel..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/larocquefitness

Contest Prep Coach @ Evolve Strength&Conditioning

100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump... anyone?
    Check out my youtube channel..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/larocquefitness

Contest Prep Coach @ Evolve Strength&Conditioning

100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is she working with a coach for diet and training? Also, what are her current stats? For me, personally, I would want to be farther along at 6 weeks out, but it also depends on how she is looking to come in.
    Coached by one of the best ~ off season and contest prep!http://www.prepbyalex.com

Registered User browneyedgirl87's Avatar
    browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm working with an IFBB pro for both diet and training. Current stats are as follows: 5'3 and sitting at 109lbs.
    Coach seems pretty happy with where I am sitting.

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    male or female IFBB pro? Sometimes a lot of them try and prep natural competitors the same way that the other side uses and doesn't usually work out too well.

browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browneyedgirl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my coach is female.

rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000)
    For her first competition she is looking good! It's hard to pick someone apart when it's their first competition; your mainly doing it for experience and to LEARN. You will learn A LOT after your first comp, what you need to improve on, what worked, what didn't, and if you want to try a different trainer with different approaches. She's got the itty bitty waist going on, which is great, a nice broad back as well. Areas to improve on would be bringing those shoulders and quads up more, as well as the problem area for most women; bum/legs. You can have ripped abs on stage but it wont do you much good if your rear end doesn't match. Proper water depletion WILL help tighten that up, but ultimately lower bodyfat and laying down more muscle/tweaking diet is needed.

A tip would be to make sure your tanned enough! When you think you're tanned enough, put another three layers on! If your coach is spray tanning you though you should be good
    ANS Performance Brand Developement Mgr & Athlete
    Follow @RkThinkFit

RED MONKEY HATS >>> www.redmonkeylifestyle.com/#_a_Rachel

big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913 View Post
    male or female IFBB pro? Sometimes a lot of them try and prep natural competitors the same way that the other side uses and doesn't usually work out too well.
    Bingo! ^ MUCH difference in nattys!
    Also, agreed with rcswent. I think it's better to be a little closer at 6.5 weeks out and done trying to lose fat at 1-1.5 weeks out. That leaves your peak week to prep properly without being concerned with additional fat loss. So, IMO, that leaves you about 5 weeks to lean out. That is not much time.
    Max Fit Consulting
    Contest Prep Coaching

Certified Personal Trainer- NCSF
    Sports Nutrition -NCSF
    Certified Personal Trainer- AFFA

Originally Posted by rkillam View Post
    For her first competition she is looking good! It's hard to pick someone apart when it's their first competition; your mainly doing it for experience and to LEARN. You will learn A LOT after your first comp, what you need to improve on, what worked, what didn't, and if you want to try a different trainer with different approaches. She's got the itty bitty waist going on, which is great, a nice broad back as well. Areas to improve on would be bringing those shoulders and quads up more, as well as the problem area for most women; bum/legs. You can have ripped abs on stage but it wont do you much good if your rear end doesn't match. Proper water depletion WILL help tighten that up, but ultimately lower bodyfat and laying down more muscle/tweaking diet is needed.

A tip would be to make sure your tanned enough! When you think you're tanned enough, put another three layers on! If your coach is spray tanning you though you should be good
    Thanks so much for the awesome feedback! I'm trying to keep in mind that it is my first competition and that it really is a learning process. I can say that from my starting point, the changes have been big. I definitely tend to carry my weight on my lower half and seeing the before and after pictures is pretty crazy - so trying to be proud of the progress that I've made thus far! Shoulders are my other weak point obviously - training those twice a week. We'll see what happens I guess! I'll keep you posted on progress.

thanks again - it's nice to know that there are people out there that can recognize/ identify weaknesses, but still serve to motivate and be positive!

Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hope ur not doin endless cardio hours per week?

How's the protein carbs n fats each day?

N please don't deplete water another bad thing to do

Originally Posted by Cytrainer913 View Post
    I hope ur not doin endless cardio hours per week?

How's the protein carbs n fats each day?

N please don't deplete water another bad thing to do
    Not doing endless hours - I do HIIT a few times a week.
    Protein is high - between 130 and 160 grams per day. Carbs get cycled - on days where my carbs are low, fats are higher.

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not sure if you're looking for advice or just overall critique of where you are currently at, but I would suggest sticking to the plan your coach outlines for you, regarding nutrition and training. If she thinks you are on track, then I'm sure you are heading in the right direction that she has planned out for you.
    Coached by one of the best ~ off season and contest prep!http://www.prepbyalex.com

rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by browneyedgirl87 View Post
    Thanks so much for the awesome feedback! I'm trying to keep in mind that it is my first competition and that it really is a learning process. I can say that from my starting point, the changes have been big. I definitely tend to carry my weight on my lower half and seeing the before and after pictures is pretty crazy - so trying to be proud of the progress that I've made thus far! Shoulders are my other weak point obviously - training those twice a week. We'll see what happens I guess! I'll keep you posted on progress.

thanks again - it's nice to know that there are people out there that can recognize/ identify weaknesses, but still serve to motivate and be positive!
    No problem, like I said, it is your first competition and I am glad you are going into it with the right mindset! It's a learning experience. I am going to have to agree with rcswent on this one, you should listen to your trainer, do everything they say 100%, and once the competition is over, decide if you want to stay with them or move on to someone else. There are so many different approaches and opinions when it comes to contest prep (Cytrainer913,) you need to trust your trainer and forget what everyone else is doing, in order to find out what works and what doesn't. If you aren't following them 100% you'll never know.

That being said, practice practice PRACTICE (posing!) You want to step on stage with confidence. And have fun! Goodluck.
    ANS Performance Brand Developement Mgr & Athlete
    Follow @RkThinkFit

RED MONKEY HATS >>> www.redmonkeylifestyle.com/#_a_Rachel

Don't make more than it needs to be. Trust me if you want to look anything over about prep follow those who know there stuff n don't just ramble on about prep. Look at stuff by layne n dr. Joe.

Don't cut water n why would u use less carbs on days u are working out? Not good.

Stick with the plan n your doing well with less cardio just keep that diet spot on and good luck.

yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yosahab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are working with someone that you trust do not second guess them!!!! Do not ask other people for advice and if you feel like you must run anything someone tells you to do by your trainer first. This is your first competition so no one knows how you are going to look or how your body is going to respond and if you start mixing in a bunch of stuff that others are telling you you still will not know for your second competition.

I apologize if this sounds harsh but you are working with this person for a reason, do not waist their time, your time, and your money!!!!! The best of luck with your competition, you look great by the way.