Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Continue to bulk or cut a little

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked plenty of times but here goes

atm i weigh 68 kilos(150lb) for my 5'9" frame, im an ectomorph

i use to be 60 kilos (132lb) at the start of the year, but i put on abt 10 kilos through dirty bulking in 3 months so ~70 kg (155lb), a lot of it is fat, specially around the mid section, i def cant see any abs anymore, jsut from guessing it looks to be around ~16% bf
    but that was to be expected

i think i put on too much weight too fast

my question is should i do a slow cut to about 65 kilos while maintaining my strength then bulk again or continue to gain weight and cut even later considering im still small?

like i said before im an ectomorph so putting on size is a little hard for me but losing it is pretty ez, except the midsection is the bane for all guys
    im getting around 120-150g of protein a day and i can vary the carbs/fat depending if i want to lose or gain weight

so what option would be easier or better for me?

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    No way of telling for sure without a photo.
    But with the stats you give, off the top of my head, I'd say bulk.

Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    By the stats you gave out, and without a picture, ill go with bulk up some more.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post a pic.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i hope this is clear enough
    Attached Images

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would bulk. No brainer.
    BRAINS & GAINS

i was thinking that too, but its just that in pic 1, im grabbing quite a bit of fat, more than im use to at least, its just that i use to be quite more leaner at 60kg and my pants are getting quite a bit tighter so im just a little bit concerned

i knew i was gonna get fat, i just didnt think it would be so much around the mid section

EDIT:

just a heads up
    back prob about 6-7 years ago i use to maintain a weight of abt 55kg without doing much (being ectomorph sux), and over the years of partying, drinking and eating fast foods and metabolism slowing down my weight ballooned to 75 kilos ALL in my mid section i use to wear 30-32" pants and back then had to wear 34-36"

ive only been to the gym for a little over a year and i did mainly cardio to lower my weight, which worked great and got down to around 60kg, i only started to lift weights seriously in the last 6ish months and i dont want to return to the way i was before hence this thread, cos by the looks of it and how i feel it seems im starting to get back and flabby
    Last edited by Khwaj; 05-02-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kagina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bulk. No brainer

Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    i was thinking that too, but its just that in pic 1, im grabbing quite a bit of fat, more than im use to at least, its just that i use to be quite more leaner at 60kg and my pants are getting quite a bit tighter so im just a little bit concerned

i knew i was gonna get fat, i just didnt think it would be so much around the mid section

EDIT:

just a heads up
    back prob about 6-7 years ago i use to maintain a weight of abt 55kg without doing much (being ectomorph sux), and over the years of partying, drinking and eating fast foods and metabolism slowing down my weight ballooned to 75 kilos ALL in my mid section i use to wear 30-32" pants and back then had to wear 34-36"

ive only been to the gym for a little over a year and i did mainly cardio to lower my weight, which worked great and got down to around 60kg, i only started to lift weights seriously in the last 6ish months and i dont want to return to the way i was before hence this thread, cos by the looks of it and how i feel it seems im starting to get back and flabby
    I would reduce your calorie surplus a bit and aim to bulk longer. For training, look into Lyle McDonald's Bulk Routine as it is well designed IMHO.

It's up to you though. If you feel you need to cut then do so. Whatever puts you in the right frame of mind. No sense in bulking if you are not in it 100%.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    I would reduce your calorie surplus a bit and aim to bulk longer. For training, look into Lyle McDonald's Bulk Routine as it is well designed IMHO.

It's up to you though. If you feel you need to cut then do so. Whatever puts you in the right frame of mind. No sense in bulking if you are not in it 100%.
    cheers, i will look into that thx

yeah, i think i just wasnt in the right frame of mind, i put on weight far too quickly hence a lot of fat and was a bit worried that if i put on anymore weight i am gonna have to bring out the old clothes
    im just really bad at calory counting, guess i need to be a bit more cautious now

longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longshot365 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm only slightly taller than you and started out at a similar weight. Obviously everyone's different but i started bulking on around 3000-3500 calories a day. Figure out your TDEE and experiment with food from there and don't be afraid to make changes if something isn't working.

Good luck.