TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

If this girl was dissatisfied, why did she come back

Several months back, about 6 months I believe, I gave a girl an orientation session. An orientation session is a free session for new members. She said she would come in the next day to buy a small pack of sessions, but didn't. About a month later, she was given another orientation by a fellow trainer of mine (who was literally no good.. very nice guy, but was shrimpy and had never worked out in a gym before. Not sure how he got the job...) She bought the small package with him. Nothing more beyond that.

The weird thing is that anytime I saw her in the gym, she looked to have an attitude toward me. She would walk by seemingly angrily or look away. Shortly after that session with her, I would smile and say hi but she wouldn't really respond so I stopped. I figured she must not have been satisfied with that one session.

I just checked my schedule for next week and she's in it for a few sessions. I did notice she had been watching me all through my session with a client; I guess that was directly after she bought them. But she could have gone with a different trainer.

My question is, was her annoyance or bitterness towards me likely just in my head? (I mean, she bought sessions w/ someone else for whatever reason)

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    Shes probably realized your a good trainer ( from over hearing/ watching) ... The not responding thing probably means she's just shy... But shy people tend to open after talking for a few minutes, So I'm sure you guys will get along just fine. lol

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Is she your age? She also might think you are attractive and just be purposely ignoring you as a way to garner attention or is just shy or insecure at the gym. Consider it a compliment that after she saw you working with someone she decided that her time was best invested with you. Just be professional and friendly. You already have the rapport down from your first session so it will be a lot easier.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chances are you are just reading her wrong. From what I can assume, she sounds as though she's avoiding you as she's embarrassed she went with the other trainer and didn't want to have to confront you.

Don't always think the worst

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd imagine it was in your head. You'll be fine. Don't think about it and just start fresh.
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been in this situation before with several people at my gym. If you approach it right, you will end up with a client out of it.

I would suggest that if you want to improve the situation, approach her and ask if she is getting the results she wanted from the gym. If she says "yes", then just say you were just making sure and if she says "no", then try and set up a consultation with her to address any issues she's having. Either way, you look better in her eyes for at least trying.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    I've been in this situation before with several people at my gym. If you approach it right, you will end up with a client out of it.

I would suggest that if you want to improve the situation, approach her and ask if she is getting the results she wanted from the gym. If she says "yes", then just say you were just making sure and if she says "no", then try and set up a consultation with her to address any issues she's having. Either way, you look better in her eyes for at least trying.
    She purchased a few sessions (so doesn't need a consultation). That's what I'd been wondering about.

She's a year younger.

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    She also might think you are attractive.
    I always assume its this.

But seriously, as others have said, she might be embarrassed or shy, or you might be assuming the worst (incorrectly). People don't always like you at first, but when they give you a chance to change their mind, take advantage of it.

Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Davidb122887 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When have women ever made sense....

Crazy, outlandish, psychotic and down right retarded "like" behavior .. Expect nothing less..

But DAMN they smell good...

Originally Posted by ericmackcarter View Post
    I always assume its this.

But seriously, as others have said, she might be embarrassed or shy, or you might be assuming the worst (incorrectly). People don't always like you at first, but when they give you a chance to change their mind, take advantage of it.
    She was really kind-friendly when i worked with her. Not the sort of person I'd consider would be vengeful. She is a very popular person. She actually works in a weed club (Never been to one; I don't know what to call it) and is good looking.

Hm...I'm not thinking she's attracted. I sense it's platonic. I'm female. You never know, I guess.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PerFit View Post
    Chances are you are just reading her wrong. From what I can assume, she sounds as though she's avoiding you as she's embarrassed she went with the other trainer and didn't want to have to confront you.

Don't always think the worst
    Interesting.. I could definitely agree that some people could be a bit embarrassed in that situation.

The fact that she doesn't reply to greetings maybe a bit much
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrainBetter View Post
    She purchased a few sessions (so doesn't need a consultation).
    If she isn't with another trainer currently, and isn't getting the results she wants then give here a quick consult...

Many clients of mine have had other trainers before and many started off as shy strangers like the girl you are dealing with (I'm the Strength & Conditioning Coach in a gym directed at middle age women and seniors so I get the weird eye all the time). If I don't see a person with a trainer for a while, I check up on them to make sure they are doing good. If they aren't getting the results they deserve, I give them a short consultation to get them back on track and to be able to pitch a sale. Many times it works out in both parties' favor.

And if it has been a few months since she has had the other trainer, then she may or may not be making the progress she wants. If she is not making the progress she wants, then step in and help her... It gives you a better report with her and gives you a chance for a sale.

If you do not approach her, then this will keep going on and will stay unresolved. The way I suggested is a non-confrontational way of solving your issue.

Just trying to help you out.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    If she isn't with another trainer currently, and isn't getting the results she wants then give here a quick consult...

Many clients of mine have had other trainers before and many started off as shy strangers like the girl you are dealing with (I'm the Strength & Conditioning Coach in a gym directed at middle age women and seniors so I get the weird eye all the time). If I don't see a person with a trainer for a while, I check up on them to make sure they are doing good. If they aren't getting the results they deserve, I give them a short consultation to get them back on track and to be able to pitch a sale. Many times it works out in both parties' favor.

And if it has been a few months since she has had the other trainer, then she may or may not be making the progress she wants. If she is not making the progress she wants, then step in and help her... It gives you a better report with her and gives you a chance for a sale.

If you do not approach her, then this will keep going on and will stay unresolved. The way I suggested is a non-confrontational way of solving your issue.

Just trying to help you out.
    Oh no I'm asking this because I see she has just purchased some sessions with me, starting next week. I wondered why, because she always seemed angry when passing me. So I meant I do not need to give her a consult; she will see me for her first session. I don't think she's shy.

JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTR_1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everyone else its probably nothing. Especially if she's wearing earphones anytime she "brushed" you off. I know that I've probably been seen as a jerk a few times for that one. Got that power song going to get you pumped up and then out of nowhere "hey how's it going", Total Focus Gone. Not to mention I looked unpleasant in the first place. 0.o
    Now with it being woman to woman, I guess we can rule out the attraction unless she IS attracted to you, in which look above. Otherwise, there could be the chance she is jealous of your figure or something about you. (attention from a guy, more attention than what she is getting?) If that's going on then I would recommend taking it a big compliment that she wants you to be her trainer.
    All in all, I hope it works out and I pray she doesn't turn out to be some psyhco girl with unnatural mood swings... 0_0
    Soli Deo Gloria,
    JTR

So it seems she's into modeling(though is not a model)...but the kind that includes girls without muscle, fat or a shirt. (I'm not necessarily calling her a slut) Also dancing on stage w/o much clothing...

So do I just stand by as she does cardio for the hour?

She was actually very nice when I worked with her so I don't mean 2 hate. But what do you do when they want to look like stick models?

Lmfao...so I trained her tonight for the first time. She told me this other trainer actually PAID for her sessions. $130. He was so desperate to have a client in his schedule. Freak bought off somebody I could have been training all along. Glad she came back.

This guy has been gone. Was told to leave.
    Last edited by TrainBetter; 05-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.