Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Should I try to still play linebacker?

Hi I'm 5'5 and I weigh 142. My max bench is 155 and squat is around 210. My 40 time is a high 5.2 (handtimed). I was just giving my stats... Anyways I played linebacker my 8th grade season and I played 2 games and a scrimmage due to a broken arm. My dad keeps saying I'm not big enough to play linebacker and stuff and I do and don't want too at the same time (play linebacker). When I play linebacker the only thing I hate is grttig blocked by linemen. They're like 100 more pounds then you and they hit hard. I was thinking of going to safety next year. Should I still play linebacker? Thanks

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Raxcoe View Post
    Hi I'm 5'5 and I weigh 140. My max bench is 155 and squat is around 210. My 40 time is a high 5.2 (handtimed). I was just giving my stats... Anyways I played linebacker my 8th grade season and I played 2 games and a scrimmage due to a broken arm. My dad keeps saying I'm not big enough to play linebacker and stuff and I do and don't want too at the same time. When I play linebacker the only thing I hate is grttig blocked by linemen. They're like 100 more pounds then you and they hit hard. I was thinking of going to safety next year. Should I still play linebacker? Thanks
    you are 14 and going to be on the freshman team. At 140, you are well above the average weight. So you can play LB at 140 as a freshman. Its up to whether you think you can be better at that position or another. Thats what it comes down to, not your size. Regardless of you size, play the position that you think you can be the best at.

Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know how good I am at linebacker. I did decent for 2 and a half games. I love hitting the running backs and quarterbacks though it's an awesome feeling. I knocked the running backs helmet off, it was a toss play to my side and I laid him out. It was my first year to play linebacker so idk if that would be my best bet (sticking to it)...

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know how good I am at linebacker. I did decent for 2 and a half games. I love hitting the running backs and quarterbacks though it's an awesome feeling. I knocked the running backs helmet off, it was a toss play to my side and I laid him out. It was my first year to play linebacker so idk if that would be my best bet (sticking to it)...
    Play the position you would enjoy the most playing and that you think you can help the team the most at.

I think you and a lot of people aren't quite understanding the size of high school kids. You are 14 and are going to be on the freshman team. You and people your age are still going through puberty and significant growth. So no reason to think that you need to be the same height and weight of varsity players. Plus, size isnt as important for freshman players since they are all still going through puberty and growth spurts.

timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timmykins02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi I'm 5'5 and I weigh 142. My max bench is 155 and squat is around 210. My 40 time is a high 5.2 (handtimed). I was just giving my stats... Anyways I played linebacker my 8th grade season and I played 2 games and a scrimmage due to a broken arm. My dad keeps saying I'm not big enough to play linebacker and stuff and I do and don't want too at the same time (play linebacker). When I play linebacker the only thing I hate is grttig blocked by linemen. They're like 100 more pounds then you and they hit hard. I was thinking of going to safety next year. Should I still play linebacker? Thanks
    Linebacker isn't all about size. I know some linebackers who are fairly small (150-160) yet they can hit hard! Of course it's better to be bigger but you got time to grow get bigger. As for the linemen, you should try to shed the blocks. The best way to take on a block is to avoid it. A lot of linemen at younger ages are off balanced when they go to hit you so you can avoid the block much easier.

And to be honest what you play is more of the coaches decision than yours. Of course you can have a say but if he thinks you'll be better at safety then he'll put you at safety. I play DE (not one of those big D linemen) and i was fairly decent at it ( 2nd string all conference) yet my coach told me to play CB a few games because we were lacking at the position.

Youll do fine man. Just try be the meanest on the field. just cause youre small doesnt mean you cant pack a punch