zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Need a New training program That Works!!!

Hi just 2 months ago I did 12 weeks on Mike o Hearn's Power building workout and made some great gains in my back and my Dead lift 1 rep max increased by 20kg which was really a big shock. Before that I did the mad cows strength program and made some great strength gains on that. I have just come back to UK from 5 weeks abroad and would like to start something new. I always like to use new programs as It keeps me entertained and keeps me learning how things work. I have also completed Jim Tates 531 workout plan in the past.

Can any kindly point me to the right direction as I cant seem to find any new training plans on bb.com supersite Will rep.
    My goals are to gain more strength and build more muscle.

Thanks
    The Blueprint works!
    http://www.bodybuildingsupplements.com/Q-A.html

Zee'z Huge Controlled Labs Stack. Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=452760731&posted=1#post452760731

Bigger Stronger Faster on USPLabs Stack
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=566989171#post566989171

zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump...........
    The Blueprint works!

Cabaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cabaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cabaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a big fan of Chad Waterbury. I can't post links, but google "List of Chad Waterbury workouts"

The Art of Waterbury is very good.

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stay on Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 for bodybuilders. As long as your eating enough you will get bigger/stronger.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zeebodybuilder View Post
    I always like to use new programs as It keeps me entertained and keeps me learning how things work. I have also completed Jim Tates 531 workout plan in the past.

My goals are to gain more strength and build more muscle.
    Constantly switching programs doesn't let them do much for your muscles and your strength.

I presume you mean Jim Wendler's 5 3 1 program. You can't "complete" it. It is not some six week or twelve week program. It could be a lifetime approach to training.

You are only a buck fifty. Going back to 5 3 1, and when you are really with the program doing the Boring But Big Three Month Challenge, will get you heading towards big and strong:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

I can't think of a better program for anyone beyond rank novice. It is very adaptable, and designed so you can overcome plateaus, lack of energy on the day, lack of time due to commitments etc, and still kick ass when you are feeling your oats.

Lift well and prosper.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Constantly switching programs doesn't let them do much for your muscles and your strength.

I presume you mean Jim Wendler's 5 3 1 program. You can't "complete" it. It is not some six week or twelve week program. It could be a lifetime approach to training.

You are only a buck fifty. Going back to 5 3 1, and when you are really with the program doing the Boring But Big Three Month Challenge, will get you heading towards big and strong:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

I can't think of a better program for anyone beyond rank novice. It is very adaptable, and designed so you can overcome plateaus, lack of energy on the day, lack of time due to commitments etc, and still kick ass when you are feeling your oats.

Lift well and prosper.
    Yes I did mean Jim Wendler's 5 3 1 program.

Yes I know I cant complete it I just meant it like I had a few months try on it.

Thank you very much you seem pretty serious about the 531 I will reconsider doing it again.
    The Blueprint works!

How much rest should you take between main 531 work sets?

How much rest should be taken while doing the assistance 5x10 sets?
    The Blueprint works!

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much rest should you take between main 531 work sets?

How much rest should be taken while doing the assistance 5x10 sets?
    The main worksets are all about strength. So you rest as long as you like to get every scheduled rep in decent form. Could be five minutes or more between the last couple sets. It is not about fatigue at all. So that is no problem.

The assistance work is all about extra hypertrophy, strength endurance, pump, conditioning for reps. It IS bout fatigue. So you keep your rests short. I rest < 1 min between sets. I don't normally time it, just take several deep breaths, while I slap more iron as necessary, or take it off, and have at it.

Lift well and prosper.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

After finding my 1 rep maxes for all compound lifts.

If I follow this below would you say im good to go for 6 months. Do I have everything covered and in order?

Using the Big but Boring method.

Standing Military Press 531
    Standing Military Press 5x10
    Chin ups 5 sets to failure

Dead lift – 5/3/1
    Dead lift 5x10
    Hanging Leg Raises – 5x12

Bench Press – 5/3/1
    Bench Press 5x10
    one arm dumbbell rows 5x10

Squat – 5/3/1
    Squat 5x10
    Leg Curls – 5 x 15
    The Blueprint works!

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    BBB is pretty righteous, especially for improving the "four core lifts", once you're at a certain (high-ish) level already. However, if you're interested in more well-rounded strength gains, let's say, I'd be leaning towards either the Triumvirate or Dave Tate's Periodization Bible.

I'm as much going by your username as anything else, OP (lol). Could be way off the mark, I know.

Another program you might be interested in is "PHAT". By... Layne Norton, I think his name is? Well, Google should provide.

After finding my 1 rep maxes for all compound lifts.

If I follow this below would you say im good to go for 6 months. Do I have everything covered and in order?

Using the Big but Boring method.

Standing Military Press 531
    Standing Military Press 5x10
    Chin ups 5 sets to failure

Dead lift – 5/3/1
    Dead lift 5x10
    Hanging Leg Raises – 5x12

Bench Press – 5/3/1
    Bench Press 5x10
    one arm dumbbell rows 5x10

Squat – 5/3/1
    Squat 5x10
    Leg Curls – 5 x 15
    Looks about perfect.

Brutally simple and effective.

When you do a couple of cycles of that you can look at the BBB Three Month Challenge for even more size.

Lift well and prosper.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cabaye View Post
    I'm a big fan of Chad Waterbury. I can't post links, but google "List of Chad Waterbury workouts"

The Art of Waterbury is very good.
    Wizard
    I came in to post this...

Search "waterbury method" and an article from Tnation should come up. It's a mix of powerlifting and hypertrophy.... Amazing results in my first month of runnning it

Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My routine

I basically just tweaked SS , I know people will dislike that.
    So, it is a full body routine. Usually M/W/F

I start with:
    - incline DB press or flat bench (the "upper" part of my chest sucks). Warm up until 3 working sets of 6 reps. Go up quickly up (1-2 secs) and down slowly (3-4 secs).
    - military press (3 sets of 5-6 reps, no warm up)
    - squats work up to 4 sets of 5 reps.
    - pull ups 3 sets of BW (can be weighted, but I'm not strong enough yet)
    - reverse grip bent over rows (3 sets of 8 reps, warmed up with pull ups).
    - deadlifts (2 sets of 3 reps, warm up needed)

But, I alternate light and heavy days for deadlifts and squats. So Mon is heavy squats and medium weight deadlifts. Wednesday is moderate squats and heavy deads.

I trained for 7 months before this routine with splits (good results) but got better from this routine, went from ~150 lbs to ~162 lbs in about 3 months. But, then broke my hand. Back on it now for about 3 months and as you can see gained 7 lbs. My bench went from 115 to 135 for about 8 reps. Not talking about squats since I suck at them. But deadlifts improved crazily. 175 to 235 lbs. At least I think thats sick in 3 months.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vygotsky View Post
    I basically just tweaked SS ..... But deadlifts improved crazily. 175 to 235 lbs. At least I think thats sick in 3 months.
    Not really that good for 3 months...that's 60lbs in 3 months. Had you been doing SS the right way you would have added 10-15lbs per dead per workout.

I started out deads the same as you 175lbs...I pulled 310lbs this afternoon...9 weeks.
    OG

Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vygotsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Not really that good for 3 months...that's 60lbs in 3 months. Had you been doing SS the right way you would have added 10-15lbs per dead per workout.

I started out deads the same as you 175lbs...I pulled 310lbs this afternoon...9 weeks.
    Oh I meant from 175 lbs 1 rep to 235 for 3 reps. Plus I have a knee problem (impedes with squats and deadlifts).

And got hand surgery done 3 months ago. Have to wear straps for those #s since my left hand can't hold on that great.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vygotsky View Post
    Oh I meant from 175 lbs 1 rep to 235 for 3 reps. Plus I have a knee problem (impedes with squats and deadlifts).
    Still...that's not as good had you been doing the program the correct way. How do you knees impede your progress? You don;t work your knees in squats and deads...you work your legs.

BTW...i broke both my legs, replaced both my knees AND I spent about 3 years learning how to walk all over again.
    OG

Still...that's not as good had you been doing the program the correct way. How do you knees impede your progress? You don;t work your knees in squats and deads...you work your legs.

BTW...i broke both my legs, replaced both my knees AND I spent about 3 years learning how to walk all over again.
    When I go down low my knee clicks and I get pains. It is a reoccurring hockey injury.