Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by euco09 View Post
    Is it possible she really does need to do that much to stay in her shape?
    No, you don't need to do that much cardio to keep body fat levels low.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    No, you don't need to do that much cardio to keep body fat levels low.
    i wouldn't say that flat out.

i'm not disagreeing that you don't need cardio to maintain, but PN is at an EXTREMELY low level of fatness (i remember she was DEXA'd at 7.5%) which is not the same as maintaining at, say, 15%.

given how OCD and detail-oriented (and fuked in the head) she is, it wouldn't surprise me that she indeed would need a lot of cardio to stay there. i'm not saying it is the way to go, or that it's healthy at all. just that it might be 'necessary'.

i don't doubt people use her as an excuse to validate their own disordered behaviour (or stupid training methods) either. 'pauline does this. so should i'. yeah, you and her are two entirely different people.
    Last edited by Miranda; 05-02-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    90 minutes a day!? I get bored after my 20 minutes a couple of times a week! And then i only do it if i'm still too sore from the last weights workout! (or the dogs need to go for a run)

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nacersusaf View Post
    While I too admire Pauline Nordin's physique, I also admire Ben and Jerry, and I'd like to visit them from time to time. IMO, Pauline probably has a pretty severe case of orthorexia. If she really enjoys doing that much cardio and eating pounds of veggies each day, more power to her! I just know that I love to go out for dinner and drinks with my loved ones and enjoy all things in moderation.

I stay pretty lean, and it does take a lot of effort (I won't pretend that it doesn't) but not to the point where it interferes with my life and enjoying it. Again, I'm not assuming that that Pauline doesn't enjoy 90 minutes of cardio a day, but if you don't it's probably not worth it.
    OMG you totally read my mind! I'm not as lean as you, but I stay relatively lean, and I have to watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week, but I do drink a couple times a week and go out with friends/husband for dinner at least once a week...I can't even imagine 90 minutes a day on the dreadmill, I would KILL myself!
    Karen

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    i wouldn't say that flat out.

i'm not disagreeing that you don't need cardio to maintain, but PN is at an EXTREMELY low level of fatness (i remember she was DEXA'd at 7.5%) which is not the same as maintaining at, say, 15%.

given how OCD and detail-oriented (and fuked in the head) she is, it wouldn't surprise me that she indeed would need a lot of cardio to stay there. i'm not saying it is the way to go, or that it's healthy at all. just that it might be 'necessary'.

i don't doubt people use her as an excuse to validate their own disordered behaviour (or stupid training methods) either. 'pauline does this. so should i'. yeah, you and her are two entirely different people.
    I don't follow her at all, so I'm not even sure what she looks like these days. Does she talk about her diet or how many calories she eats? If she's using a more aggressive deficit, does she really need cardio sessions that long to stay at her level of leaness? 90 min of cardio, 6x a week...seems more like her typical, psycho ways...in her mind, does she think she needs it, or does she really need it?

It's been so long since I've read any of her blogs...I just can't go there. She makes me want to grab the nearest sharp object and rip my eyes out...
    Last edited by kimm4; 05-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While I too admire Pauline Nordin's physique, I also admire Ben and Jerry, and I'd like to visit them from time to time.
    that made me lol.

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know if the topic of this thread is "how do you get a body like Pauline Nordin" but if it is then I can say probably for certain it is not by doing hours of cardio alone. I am guessing from my experience, that it is an almost perfect diet plus a comprehensive lifting program. A lot of professional athletes do a lot of cardio (marathon runners and triathletes), but if you google images of them, you will see that they don't look like Pauline. Cardio does help to burn calories but it also has the potential to burn off all your fat and muscle if you have a poor diet.

There are also other factors to consider, doing a lot of cardio can also make you fatter believe it or not, and this is because it can aggravate your "hunger urges." There are plenty of "fat" amateur athletes out there. I remember when I first took up endurance sports I would do a long cardio session and then afterwards open the refrigerator and make myself a "buffet" for a snack.

I am guessing that Pauline probably has a perfect diet, meaning in general she never overeats. She probably knows exactly how many calories she requires for weight loss, maintenance and bulk. And she never slips up, meaning that requires a lot of discipline. I remember reading once about professional triathletes claiming that they never watched what they ate: Yeah right! Like we would believe that. And her great muscle physique comes from an excellent bulking program, maybe even professionally tailored for her body type.

The 90 minutes of cardio (don't know how much she weighs) might give her an extra 500 calories a day of food. Or help her burn off a few extra calories when she needs a deficit day.

But that is just my guess based on my experience, I don't look like her so I have no idea how to get a body like hers 8)

LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by catskills View Post
    But there are so many women out there that seem to think they are fat. That is what I am struggling to understand. Just the other day my coach told me that another woman he trains, not only does she think she is fat, it is so bad that she won't even weigh herself. This is a woman who I aspire to "be like." Not only is she a superstar triathlete, but has a great body and is really fit. She almost looks like and "is" a professional athlete. It just surprises me so that someone like that could think they are fat.
    I know somebody like this as well, one of my gym "friends". She looks amazing and is constantly complaining about water rentention and weight gain. I'd trade her anyday for my current physique, LOL. I'd LOVE to have some visible abs and be able to go without a shirt at the gym! I try to be supportive, as she must have some loftier goals maybe but its frustrating for sure! She says she feels like a "cow" and she has my ideal physique, what does that make me?

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are also other factors to consider, doing a lot of cardio can also make you fatter believe it or not, and this is because it can aggravate your "hunger urges." There are plenty of "fat" amateur athletes out there. I remember when I first took up endurance sports I would do a long cardio session and then afterwards open the refrigerator and make myself a "buffet" for a snack.
    gah. cardio doesn't make you 'thin' or 'fat'. under- or overeating does. it's all about your diet.

re your 'guessing' pauline's methods i reckon you haven't read her blog of FB feeds.

Originally Posted by catskills
    I remember reading once about professional triathletes claiming that they never watched what they ate: Yeah right! Like we would believe that.
    professional endurance ahtletes train for 20-30 hours a week and aren't dieting. they need a lot of calories to perform optimally. there's a lot more leeway to 'not watch what you eat' when you're eating tons.

you can't compare them to PN. she's not and endurance athlete, but someone who maintains at an unnaturally low bodyfat level and wants to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Miranda; 05-03-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    re your 'guessing' pauline's methods i reckon you haven't read her blog of FB feeds.
    No I haven't. Why? Does she claim she did it differently?

No I haven't. Why? Does she claim she did it differently?
    not 'differently' per se. just this:

She probably knows exactly how many calories she requires for weight loss, maintenance and bulk. And she never slips up, meaning that requires a lot of discipline.
    PN doesn't 'probably' anything. she's as obsessive and detail-oriented and 'disciplined' as you can get.

re her eating a 'perfect' diet, PN has grossly distorted and incorrect ideas about food and nutrition. admittedly, you can get results being misinformed, too. so that part is kind of moot.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    re her eating a 'perfect' diet, PN has grossly distorted and incorrect ideas about food and nutrition. admittedly, you can get results being misinformed, too. so that part is kind of moot.
    ain't that the truth.

Well I don't really know her personally. I went on her FB pages, but all I saw was "publicity" stuff, nothing that looks like she wrote it herself.

LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While I too admire Pauline Nordin's physique, I also admire Ben and Jerry, and I'd like to visit them from time to time. IMO, Pauline probably has a pretty severe case of orthorexia. If she really enjoys doing that much cardio and eating pounds of veggies each day, more power to her! I just know that I love to go out for dinner and drinks with my loved ones and enjoy all things in moderation.

I stay pretty lean, and it does take a lot of effort (I won't pretend that it doesn't) but not to the point where it interferes with my life and enjoying it. Again, I'm not assuming that that Pauline doesn't enjoy 90 minutes of cardio a day, but if you don't it's probably not worth it.
    Have you met Ben and Jerry's new Greek Frozen Yogurt? Yummy!!

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to look at cardio as a supplement you take post-workout. When I hit my limit on lifting I throw in 20 minutes of HIIT for a little extra burn and some benefit to my heart.

Pauline Nordin is crazy, but I appreciate her enthusiasm for what she does.

something she posted today, fwiw: "Those who don't understand why I do so much cardio don't understand why I'm doing it. It's not to be healthy number one. I want to be lean, not healthy 25% fat. get it? The words "she really thinks she needs it?" tend to come from jealous smoother slackers who wish they had my drive up do whatever it takes to be what you want to be"

'nuff said.

don't aspire to be like pauline. don't have her be your role model. find someone HEALTHY and BALANCED.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LilT1026 View Post
    Have you met Ben and Jerry's new Greek Frozen Yogurt? Yummy!!
    I haven't but I've heard it's great! The stats are pretty much the same as ice cream though, so I just eat what I want based on what I'm craving. B&J can't fool me with their "Greek Yogurt" health halo! The last time I had the urge for a frozen treat the Red Velvet Cake won out, but I am going to try that Banana Peanut Butter GY they have out.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    something she posted today, fwiw: "Those who don't understand why I do so much cardio don't understand why I'm doing it. It's not to be healthy number one. I want to be lean, not healthy 25% fat. get it? The words "she really thinks she needs it?" tend to come from jealous smoother slackers who wish they had my drive up do whatever it takes to be what you want to be"

'nuff said.

don't aspire to be like pauline. don't have her be your role model. find someone HEALTHY and BALANCED.
    I agree. It actually infuriates me that she calls people who don't want to subscribe to her ideals "smoother slackers". Um no, I have plenty of drive and discipline, I just also have a life. Balance and moderation are very good things and make life so much more enjoyable.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.