Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nolotil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    actually i got some of the best gains of my life on routines people SWORE I would overtrain on like sheiko and smolov where I was squatting 2-4x/week for hours. If you stacked up the number of people who overtrained and those that undertrained, I can ASSURE you that the people who truly overtrained would be DWARFED by the large amount of people who undertrain. My friend Mike Zourdos at FSU just finished his PhD on this very topic and once squatted for 78 days straight and massively improved his squat during that time. Did he eventually overreach? absolutely, but then he did a proper deload and actualized those gains from the overreaching cycle.
    Yeah true overtraining (vs overreaching or just being a bit tired) is not nearly as common as some people make it out to be. Most people will back off long before it becomes a reality.

Volume is very important to drive adaptations (which people in other sports have known for a LONG time). One big problem among bodybuilders is that many have an addiction for failure training and often train 'on the nerve' (as the old schoolers call it) all the time. Failure training has it's place but you need to know when and how to use it.

Just like you I have made very good gains squatting, chinning, pressing up to 4x/week (in some cases more than that). Lots of volume, high frequency but I made sure to stay away from failure (sometimes far away) and really practice the movements. After 6 weeks of that I cut back volume and intensified the training and realized even further gains.
    Last edited by nolotil; 05-08-2012 at 04:16 AM.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nolotil View Post
    Yeah true overtraining (vs overreaching or just being a bit tired) is not nearly as common as some people make it out to be. Most people will back off long before it becomes a reality.

Volume is very important to drive adaptations (which people in other sports have known for a LONG time). One big problem among bodybuilders is that many have an addiction for failure training and often train 'on the nerve' (as the old schoolers call it) all the time. Failure training has it's place but you need to know when and how to use it.

Just like you I have made very good gains squatting, chinning, pressing up to 4x/week (in some cases more than that). Lots of volume, high frequency but I made sure to stay away from failure (sometimes far away) and really practice the movements. After 6 weeks of that I cut back volume and intensified the training and realized even further gains.
    100% Failure training is a useful tool, but it must be implemented correctly. Typical bodybuilding routines overreach the CNS and undertrain the muscular system. People say 'well I don't feel like i'm doing anything if I don't train to failure' I tell them, that's fine, satisfy your ego, just be happy with suboptimal gains.

fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    yea, I obviously have no clue what I'm talking about.

best of luck to you
    I didn't say that. Obviously you have a great knowledge of everything to do with bodybuilding, but your answer did not tell me anything. If you are too arrogant to provide a legible answer why bother wasting your time to post at all.

EDIT: just seeing all your other responses will read them all now thanks layne
    I love my brick