Thread: Press Up reps

SkinnyLad1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Press Up reps

To build chest muscles, is it better to do as many reps as possible or do fewer but slow them right down? I know with most exercises it's better to do fewer, harder reps but is this the same with press ups.

Thanks

floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is a press up, a bench press? If so, then just use a controlled pace for your reps. Raise the weight slightly faster than you lower the weight. As far as the number of reps, I don't really understand what you are asking but just use a weight that you can get between 8 - 12 reps at a controlled rep speed.

Originally Posted by floydd247 View Post
    Is a press up, a bench press? If so, then just use a controlled pace for your reps. Raise the weight slightly faster than you lower the weight. As far as the number of reps, I don't really understand what you are asking but just use a weight that you can get between 8 - 12 reps at a controlled rep speed.
    No, press up as in lying flat on the floor and pushing your body up. quick google will show you what i mean. as the weight is my body weight i can't change it

Thanks

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyLad1 View Post
    No, press up as in lying flat on the floor and pushing your body up. quick google will show you what i mean. as the weight is my body weight i can't change it

Thanks
    We call them push ups on this side of the pond.

floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floydd247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Push yourself up as fast as you can. Launch yourself into the air then go down slow, then launch yourself in the air again. Like a clapping push-up. Do it as many times as you can.
    "Never look down on anybody unless you are helping them up"

Originally Posted by floydd247 View Post
    Push yourself up as fast as you can. Launch yourself into the air then go down slow, then launch yourself in the air again. Like a clapping push-up. Do it as many times as you can.
    Brilliant. Thanks a lot

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Buy a backpack and fill it with heavy stuff - books, rocks, lead ingots, whatever. OR better yet, join a gym and use a barbell.

Posting since 1999 toweroflondon's Avatar
    toweroflondon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toweroflondon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hold the movement for a couple of seconds at the bottom before coming back up. You'll emphasize the work on your chest and it's great for your core.
    Formally Dan101...a 10+ year Veteran of the boards. A technical glitch has me locked out of the account, with Tech Support not being able to get me back in. So here I am, under the first username I ever used on the old boards, back in 1999!