Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by masterb403 View Post
    Hey there! Congratulations on deciding to get healthy, and great work so far. I just wanted to chime in with a couple things that I think would help you, since I *was* you about 6 months ago... same exact weight and the exact calorie # (we were the same size, although I'm an inch taller.)

I think the macronutrients you've presented will get you quite a bit further in your journey, but I would caution you to consider dropping even more carbs for protein. Your goals right now aren't to build muscle, they are to lose fat... and frankly, carbs are about the last thing you need to be eating right now. Fats will help your satiety and hormones tremendously, and protein is muscle sparing, carries a higher thermic effect, and keeps you much more full. I've dieted down 100lbs off of my body twice in my life now (unfortunately), and I can tell you that minimizing carbs and upping protein was the best decision I've ever made in dieting. Not only was my satiety and dietary compliance much better this time around, my muscle retention was night and day. I am much more muscular and much stronger than I was last time I did this. Think about it!! Ultimately, I think you'll do just fine whichever way you choose. Good luck!!
    People who are obese do well on low carb diets, insulin sensitivity is greatly increased as compared to non-insulin resistant groups. His exercise will also help with that sensitivity. I don't know if he has been diagnosed with type 2 or even insulin resistance, but as you know the odds are pretty good he is, and increasing insulin sensitivity is helpful period.

masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    People who are obese do well on low carb diets, insulin sensitivity is greatly increased as compared to non-insulin resistant groups. His exercise will also help with that sensitivity. I don't know if he has been diagnosed with type 2 or even insulin resistance, but as you know the odds are pretty good he is, and increasing insulin sensitivity is helpful period.
    I completely agree.

sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by masterb403 View Post
    Hey there! Congratulations on deciding to get healthy, and great work so far. I just wanted to chime in with a couple things that I think would help you, since I *was* you about 6 months ago... same exact weight and the exact calorie # (we were the same size, although I'm an inch taller.)

I think the macronutrients you've presented will get you quite a bit further in your journey, but I would caution you to consider dropping even more carbs for protein. Your goals right now aren't to build muscle, they are to lose fat... and frankly, carbs are about the last thing you need to be eating right now. Fats will help your satiety and hormones tremendously, and protein is muscle sparing, carries a higher thermic effect, and keeps you much more full. I've dieted down 100lbs off of my body twice in my life now (unfortunately), and I can tell you that minimizing carbs and upping protein was the best decision I've ever made in dieting. Not only was my satiety and dietary compliance much better this time around, my muscle retention was night and day. I am much more muscular and much stronger than I was last time I did this. Think about it!! Ultimately, I think you'll do just fine whichever way you choose. Good luck!!
    Thanks! I'll definitely try to lower my carbs since I won't be able to "train" as much when summer hits. Great advice and keep it up!

Edit : I don't have any blood sugar problem right now
    Last edited by sickpulse; 05-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Heaviest: 367lbs, February 21,2012
    First Goal : 295lbs, August 1,2012 [x]
    Second Goal : 260lbs, December 1,2012
    -----------------------------------