24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User Julez56's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 172 lbs
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 106
    Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Julez56 is offline

    Fast digesting carbs or slow digesting carbs !!!

    Hey guys !!

    I heard that Pasta was a fast-digesting carbs and I heard that it was Slow digesting by another source. My friend and I debate on this and we don't really who's right !?! Please help thanks !!!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Live like it's your last cyclist93's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Whittier, California, United States
    Stats: 5'11", 191 lbs
    Posts: 211
    Rep Power: 102
    cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cyclist93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cyclist93 is offline
    slow
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Frank_SW's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Age: 34
    Stats: 6'2", 187 lbs
    Posts: 1,045
    Rep Power: 270
    Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank_SW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Frank_SW is offline
    whole-grain/whole-wheat pasta (usually brown in color) = complex carbs = slow digesting

    'white'/'yellow'/'regular' pasta = simple carbs = highers GI index = fast digesting
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Mr. Fluff cumminslifter's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: United States
    Stats: 6'0", 225 lbs
    Posts: 33,636
    Rep Power: 59050
    cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cumminslifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    cumminslifter is offline
    Originally Posted by Frank_SW View Post
    whole-grain/whole-wheat pasta (usually brown in color) = complex carbs = slow digesting

    'white'/'yellow'/'regular' pasta = simple carbs = highers GI index = fast digesting
    this^ but it dosent matter
    MAN Sports Rep
    Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion and in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    <Heaviest Hittinger: Come get some free Peptest Bulk>
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170968371
    BA in Nutrition Science
    1500 pound club
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User alexb650's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 36
    Stats: 5'11", 205 lbs
    Posts: 560
    BodyPoints: 45
    Rep Power: 223
    alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    alexb650 is offline
    Pasta is a complex carb and is slow digesting. "Brown" pasta is not stripped of fiber (and other nutrients) and, thus, it is slower digesting than yellow. Regardless, they're both considered slow digesting.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User kubatay's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Age: 37
    Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    Posts: 72
    Rep Power: 68
    kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kubatay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kubatay is offline
    slow digesting
    My Workout Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144189951
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User AlwaysTryin's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Stats: 5'10", 203 lbs
    Posts: 37,479
    Rep Power: 57141
    AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysTryin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AlwaysTryin is offline
    Originally Posted by Frank_SW View Post
    whole-grain/whole-wheat pasta (usually brown in color) = complex carbs = slow digesting

    'white'/'yellow'/'regular' pasta = simple carbs = highers GI index = fast digesting
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    this^ but it dosent matter
    No, they are both complex
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User rakan92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: United States
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'8", 210 lbs
    Posts: 769
    Rep Power: 326
    rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    rakan92 is offline
    i wanna keep inaulin under conrtol and blood sugar levels stable so go with the slow digesting OP
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Kfme psychodiver9's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
    Stats: 6'2", 236 lbs
    Posts: 33,673
    Rep Power: 54903
    psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psychodiver9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    psychodiver9 is offline
    Originally Posted by rakan92 View Post
    i wanna keep inaulin under conrtol and blood sugar levels stable so go with the slow digesting OP
    Derp. Oh and what is inaulin?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

    BTK!

    First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

    5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Banned BBqChicken1's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 6,536
    Rep Power: 0
    BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BBqChicken1 is offline
    Originally Posted by rakan92 View Post
    i wanna keep inaulin under conrtol and blood sugar levels stable so go with the slow digesting OP
    So I guess you want to avoid spiking it.


    By avoiding food. That's the only way.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User nobrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Age: 36
    Stats: 5'3", 120 lbs
    Posts: 1,824
    Rep Power: 2044
    nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    nobrah is offline
    Originally Posted by Julez56 View Post
    Hey guys !!

    I heard that Pasta was a fast-digesting carbs and I heard that it was Slow digesting by another source. My friend and I debate on this and we don't really who's right !?! Please help thanks !!!
    "Fast digesting" and "slow digesting" are not strictly correct. What's being discussed are the simple carbohydrates (mono/disaccharides) and complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides).

    Simple (monosaccharides)
    • Glucose
    • Fructose
    • Galactose
    Simple (disaccharides)
    • Sucrose (glucose + fructose)
    • Lactose (glucose + galactose)
    • Maltose (glucose + glucose)
    Everything else is a polysaccharide and thus "complex".

    The fast versus slow difference refers to how much effort it takes for the body to break everything down into monosaccharides for absorption. The simplicity of the mono and disaccharides means that less effort is required. In the case of glucose, you can absorb small amounts directly in the mouth, whereas polysaccharides are typically not broken down enough until they reach the small intestine or even the large intestine.

    Fructose and galactose are typically converted into glucose, while the disaccharides are split into their component parts and the non-glucose part is then typically converted into glucose. Ultimately glucose is the preferred end result, and a hierarchy of conversion effort makes the complex versus simple moniker obvious.

    That's your crash course on the carbs. The way to tell between a simple and a complex carb on a nutrition label is with the carbohydrate, fiber, and sugar listings. Sugars are simple carbs, fibers are complex carbs, and the remaining grams from the total after subtracting those two are typically starches. Note that the listed fiber may only be the insoluble kind, and the remaining total would be both starches and soluble fibers. But either way you're looking at a complex carb.

    So looking at a label for spaghetti, I see 31g of total carbs, 2g of fiber, and 1g of sugar. This pasta is a complex carb source because it's overwhelmingly composed of polysaccharides. Compare that with an apple where the total carbs would be around 25g with 4g of fiber and 19g of sugar. This fruit is a simple carb source because it's overwhelmingly composed of mono and disaccharides.

    i wanna keep inaulin under conrtol and blood sugar levels stable so go with the slow digesting OP
    Are you diabetic? If not, you have no need to worry about insulin spikes and blood sugar.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User Julez56's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 172 lbs
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 106
    Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Julez56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Julez56 is offline
    Originally Posted by nobrah View Post
    "Fast digesting" and "slow digesting" are not strictly correct. What's being discussed are the simple carbohydrates (mono/disaccharides) and complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides).

    Simple (monosaccharides)
    • Glucose
    • Fructose
    • Galactose
    Simple (disaccharides)
    • Sucrose (glucose + fructose)
    • Lactose (glucose + galactose)
    • Maltose (glucose + glucose)
    Everything else is a polysaccharide and thus "complex".

    The fast versus slow difference refers to how much effort it takes for the body to break everything down into monosaccharides for absorption. The simplicity of the mono and disaccharides means that less effort is required. In the case of glucose, you can absorb small amounts directly in the mouth, whereas polysaccharides are typically not broken down enough until they reach the small intestine or even the large intestine.

    Fructose and galactose are typically converted into glucose, while the disaccharides are split into their component parts and the non-glucose part is then typically converted into glucose. Ultimately glucose is the preferred end result, and a hierarchy of conversion effort makes the complex versus simple moniker obvious.

    That's your crash course on the carbs. The way to tell between a simple and a complex carb on a nutrition label is with the carbohydrate, fiber, and sugar listings. Sugars are simple carbs, fibers are complex carbs, and the remaining grams from the total after subtracting those two are typically starches. Note that the listed fiber may only be the insoluble kind, and the remaining total would be both starches and soluble fibers. But either way you're looking at a complex carb.

    So looking at a label for spaghetti, I see 31g of total carbs, 2g of fiber, and 1g of sugar. This pasta is a complex carb source because it's overwhelmingly composed of polysaccharides. Compare that with an apple where the total carbs would be around 25g with 4g of fiber and 19g of sugar. This fruit is a simple carb source because it's overwhelmingly composed of mono and disaccharides.


    Are you diabetic? If not, you have no need to worry about insulin spikes and blood sugar.
    Damm man !! That was a true answer thank you so much !!!!
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts