Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Progression Issue

I've been progressing on most of the other lifts, but my form on the low bar squat seems to be getting a bit off as I've been progressing (the squat seems to be more like cranking reps rather than in a smooth motion these days...Just doesn't feel safe). I'm not doubting that I need to pay attention to form first and foremost, but I think it can also be that I need to work on better flexibility and of course the cold weather outside where my setup is probably doesn't help much neither (I do warm-up sets and shoulder dislocates).

I'm thinking of deloading the weight again (although I already have by 10% on all lifts with a minor absence in my routine) and caught up back to where I was now. My three questions for deloading and working on my form/flexibility is 1. Should I deload just the squat and work on it while all the other lifts progress in the routine? 2. Deload them all to be sure that nothing except deadlift is ahead of the squat? 3. Should I stick with a deloaded weight that one lift, or all lifts for the whole week instead of progressing in a linear manner 3 days a week until the form and smooth motion/flexibility catches up? (Another words keep the certain deloaded amount of weight throughout the whole week and progress like that for a while).

Thanks for any advice.

Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blainex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't think you're having a problem with any of your other lifts, just deload the squat and work on your flexibility as well. I'd also frankly deload and work back up to when my form starts to break down and then reset again.

You'll run into a point where another one of your lifts will stall and your squat isn't, so it's okay to reset only one lift instead of all of them.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I've been progressing on most of the other lifts, but my form on the low bar squat seems to be getting a bit off as I've been progressing (the squat seems to be more like cranking reps rather than in a smooth motion these days...Just doesn't feel safe). I'm not doubting that I need to pay attention to form first and foremost, but I think it can also be that I need to work on better flexibility and of course the cold weather outside where my setup is probably doesn't help much neither (I do warm-up sets and shoulder dislocates).

I'm thinking of deloading the weight again (although I already have by 10% on all lifts with a minor absence in my routine) and caught up back to where I was now. My three questions for deloading and working on my form/flexibility is 1. Should I deload just the squat and work on it while all the other lifts progress in the routine? 2. Deload them all to be sure that nothing except deadlift is ahead of the squat? 3. Should I stick with a deloaded weight that one lift, or all lifts for the whole week instead of progressing in a linear manner 3 days a week until the form and smooth motion/flexibility catches up? (Another words keep the certain deloaded amount of weight throughout the whole week and progress like that for a while).

Thanks for any advice.
    The first thing you need to do is fix your form; it's pointless to do try any other remedy until your form is actually correct.

Post a vid from the side and one from front or back of you Squatting your regular working weight for 4-6 reps.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mirgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe this is too drastic, but I would consider taking a whole week off. Sometimes this really helps breaking through the plateaus and one comes back stronger than ever before!
    First time we meet, I will treat you the best way I can. After, I will treat you the same way you treat me. Or ignore you.