KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto Snacks in the UK

What are yours?

I started four days ago and I've found main meals quite easy (Lettuce Wraps...I ****ing love you) but as a student with very little time, what Keto snacks are there?

A couple that I use;

Cheesestrings. 66 Calories and no carbs. Fun to eat, I often have a couple
    200g Cooked Turkey Breast with Mayo/Hot Sauce. Larger 250 calorie snack between Lunch and Dinner.
    Peperami. I personally think these are quite rubbish, but incase anybody likes them...

What other suggestions are there? I used to love my Cottage Cheese but its too high in Carbs and low in fat. Nuts are also too high in carbs to be worth having.

Fire away!

P.S. a quick thank you to the forum as a whole for being a great source of information for me. Found it last week and had to become a member.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personal favourites: Lidl greek style yogurt. The Lidl full fat cottage cheese is pretty good too. Or check out the Polish shops for higher fat cottage cheese.

I like making soup with fennel and/or brussel sprouts and some anchovy puree (Tesco). Liquidise and it's ready to go.

Those little packets of John West Tuna with a twist are handy for snack meals on the go.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Surlatum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KendrickLemar View Post
    Nuts are also too high in carbs to be worth having.
    Almonds and such are full of Fiber. Check the packet to see how many of the carbohydrates come from fiber and subtract that from the total carbohydrate content, youll find they arnt THAT high in carbs afterall making them an OK snack. a traditional serving is roughly 22 whole nuts, 120 calories. But thats a serving for me specifically.

On another note to answer your question properly:

My ultimate snack is a protein pancake recipe that i have perfected over lots of trial and error and since your in the UK you'll be able to get the ingredients easily. It's chocolatey and extremely filling even though there's less than 10g carbs in the entire batch, and the batch can make 3 good thick pancakes. They are a life saver when it comes to going to the cinema, or if you do a lot of travelling.

Ingredients:
    3 Whole Eggs, I buy 15 from ASDA or ICELAND for £1.50
    1 tbsp PB, Smooth (not the chunky version) Meridian Natural PB from GNC, Holland & Barrett etc.
    1 1/2 Scoops Chocolate (or vanilla depending on taste) Protein Powder, I use USN GS-1 as it has a load of vitamins thrown in.

Mix these up EPICALLY, it's a little tough at first as the PB doesnt like to mix without a fight (microwave it to soften it up) but eventually it will form a batter!
    frying pan on medium heat with extra virgin olive oil flipping after about 45seconds! They cook hellah fast!

the mixture will make 3 lots so dont pour the whole thing in at once.

Enjoy!
    I'm trying anything and everything to achieve my goal of gaining that "male fitness model" look. Sometimes I overcomplicate things and Im tyring to find the right combinations of supplements and a meal plan that works. Im getting there... slowly :)

KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendrickLemar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Personal favourites: Lidl greek style yogurt. The Lidl full fat cottage cheese is pretty good too. Or check out the Polish shops for higher fat cottage cheese.

I like making soup with fennel and/or brussel sprouts and some anchovy puree (Tesco). Liquidise and it's ready to go.

Those little packets of John West Tuna with a twist are handy for snack meals on the go.
    Unfortunately theres not a Lidl anywhere near me. Sigh. I think I did see a polish shop though so I'll have a gander later. And the soup sounds nice, though Anchovy doesnt particularly call to me. I may try it with some added chilli though.

Which packets are you referring to? The only ones I can find in Tesco are the John West Tuna "Light Lunch" cans/packets. They have approximately 25g of Carbs in them though?

Originally Posted by Surlatum View Post
    Almonds and such are full of Fiber. Check the packet to see how many of the carbohydrates come from fiber and subtract that from the total carbohydrate content, youll find they arnt THAT high in carbs afterall making them an OK snack. a traditional serving is roughly 22 whole nuts, 120 calories. But thats a serving for me specifically.

On another note to answer your question properly:

My ultimate snack is a protein pancake recipe that i have perfected over lots of trial and error and since your in the UK you'll be able to get the ingredients easily. It's chocolatey and extremely filling even though there's less than 10g carbs in the entire batch, and the batch can make 3 good thick pancakes. They are a life saver when it comes to going to the cinema, or if you do a lot of travelling.

Ingredients:
    3 Whole Eggs, I buy 15 from ASDA or ICELAND for £1.50
    1 tbsp PB, Smooth (not the chunky version) Meridian Natural PB from GNC, Holland & Barrett etc.
    1 1/2 Scoops Chocolate (or vanilla depending on taste) Protein Powder, I use USN GS-1 as it has a load of vitamins thrown in.

Mix these up EPICALLY, it's a little tough at first as the PB doesnt like to mix without a fight (microwave it to soften it up) but eventually it will form a batter!
    frying pan on medium heat with extra virgin olive oil flipping after about 45seconds! They cook hellah fast!

the mixture will make 3 lots so dont pour the whole thing in at once.

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the reply mate.

I got terribly confused, it seems. I remember reading somewhere that in the UK, the Carb content is given after considering the Fibre (in other words, we shouldn't subtract). I guess thats a load of rubbish then. I'll probably get a big pack of Almonds later on as I love them and they're what my mother called "Brain Food" ha!

I just made said protein pancake! I remember seeing a thread about it on here a while back but thanks for the recipe. I altered it slightly;

1 whole egg
    1 egg white (have a few bottles of this stuff, so want to use it)
    1 level tbsp Whole Earth Organic Peanut Butter
    1 level tbsp Splenda
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 scoop ON Whey Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
    ~30g "Lighter" Red Leicester Cheese (melting on top afterwards)

I took everything bar the Cheese and blitz it with a food processer (I unfortunately dont have a microwave, so thought this would be the best way?), put a little Olive Oil in the pan and heated until it started to sizzle. Added half the batter and made the first pancake, repeated for the second. Grabbed some Red Leicester (grated) and melted it between the two.

It was a very nice sweet/salty snack and easy to make. It wasn't that calorific. I think I may double the mixture for breakfast. Leave out Cheese and instead, invest in some Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. With some whipped cream. Scrumptious!!!

Additionally, I may see how this tastes as a savoury dish. The Vanilla Whey is not very detectable. I may leave out Splenda, add some seasoning and make a "toastie" with Cheese and Jalepeño's.

Finally, is there a reason you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

Surlatum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is there a reason you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
    There are actually four types of olive oil you need to know in food and cooking. Extra virgin olive oil is typically produced from the first pressing of olives—making it the most pure and least acidic (less than .8 percent), and the best tasting. Because EVOO is expensive, heavier and more flavorful than other types of olive oil, it’s best used as an accent to dishes.
    Hint: look for bottles that say “cold press” on the label. If it’s not cold-pressed, the heat from the extraction process changes the chemistry and quality of the olive oil.

Virgin olive oil is, like EVOO, not blended with other oils, but has a higher acidity—up to 2 percent. It's perfect for garnshing this Crema di Pomodoro (that's fancy Italian for "tomato soup"--and it's awesome hot or cold).

So long story short, its better for digestion, and has a better taste.
    I'm trying anything and everything to achieve my goal of gaining that "male fitness model" look. Sometimes I overcomplicate things and Im tyring to find the right combinations of supplements and a meal plan that works. Im getting there... slowly :)

hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jimmys farm free range pork sausages!!
    I have just stated my keto taking the steak and egg route. As its the cheaper option but I don't think I will be able to sustain it as the protein compared to fat is massive :s
    Any way go in tesco the main stores and go to the sausage isle and look for Jimmys farm free range pork sausages I can't remember of hand the exact amounts but per 100g it's around
    245cal
    15pro
    0.3CARBS!!!!!!!!
    I can't remember the fat content but they are nice Aswell.
    august 2011 after my holidays i sat at 252lb then started all pro beginners sep 2011 @ 238lbs still going strong on 21/02/2012 down to 206lb AND PLENTY MORE TO LOSE !!! ;)

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unfortunately theres not a Lidl anywhere near me. Sigh. I think I did see a polish shop though so I'll have a gander later. And the soup sounds nice, though Anchovy doesnt particularly call to me. I may try it with some added chilli though.

Which packets are you referring to? The only ones I can find in Tesco are the John West Tuna "Light Lunch" cans/packets. They have approximately 25g of Carbs in them though?
    No, sachets that look a bit like cat food. Called Tuna with a twist.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders