Omarvs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Need Help with Workout, workout days and Splits

Okay. Currently I have been working out 4 days a week with rest days being on wednesdays, saturdays and sundays. I need to know if this is too little time for my body to recover and grow since growing does take place during rest. I currently do:

Monday/Thursday: Chest, Tricep, Shoulder, Abs.
    Tuesday/Friday: Back, Legs, Bicep/Forearm.
    Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday: Rest

As you can, I generally have around 48 hours since my last workout before my next same muscle workout. Is this enough at all? Or should I have more rest days, and split my workouts around more? My problem is sometimes they feel too long but I also feel that waiting a week to work a muscle again is way too much.

Anyone have any SOLID information? Please don't post just because you THINK you know everything about bodybuilding. I really need to know because I need gains and I don't like to waste time.

Would a split such as: Day 1: Chest Shoulder Tricep Day 2: Back + Arms Day 3: Legs and Abs

Make more sense? I would like my workouts to be much more intense. And maybe sneak in another ab workout somewhere since they heal pretty fast? Any suggestions are welsome, this thread was a lot neater in my mind, sorry. Any specific exercise recommendations also welcome.

EXTRA QUESTION: Are deadlifts mainly a back building or leg building exercise? Thanks.

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do an upper/lower routine. For one of the lower days, base the workout around the Squat, and the second lower day base it on the Deadlift. The same with Bench/Overhead Press. 48-72 hours is ample time for muscle recovery, assuming you're using correct volume for the frequency you're doing.

Deadlift is lower back dominant that hits the glutes/hamstrings hard

Originally Posted by H1t_V3r4c View Post
    Do an upper/lower routine. For one of the lower days, base the workout around the Squat, and the second lower day base it on the Deadlift. The same with Bench/Overhead Press. 48-72 hours is ample time for muscle recovery, assuming you're using correct volume for the frequency you're doing.

Deadlift is lower back dominant that hits the glutes/hamstrings hard

Ok how woul you recommend I do the upper portion? Should each Upper day kind of alternate between chest and back dominant like the squat/deadlift? Becaue I couldn't go all out both in chest AND back each time, that sounds horrible I really want to make my workouts shorter but more or just as effective in growth.

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Omarvs View Post
    Ok how woul you recommend I do the upper portion? Should each Upper day kind of alternate between chest and back dominant like the squat/deadlift? Becaue I couldn't go all out both in chest AND back each time, that sounds horrible I really want to make my workouts shorter but more or just as effective in growth.
    Here's what I'm doing:

Bench
    Incline Bench Press
    Chin ups
    Barbell Row

Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Chin ups
    Dumbbell Row

You can add 1-2 accessories once your body is accustomed to the workload Make sure you prioritize these movements before the accessories though. I'd do low-mid range reps on the barbell rows and higher reps on the dumbbell rows.

You're on the right track, hitting muscle groups twice a week is more effective for most people.

Here's what I'm doing:

Bench
    Incline Bench Press
    Chin ups
    Barbell Row

Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Chin ups
    Dumbbell Row

You can add 1-2 accessories once your body is accustomed to the new workout you're introducing. Make sure you prioritize these movements before the accessories though. I'd do low-mid range reps on the barbell rows and higher reps on the dumbbell rows.

You're on the right track, hitting muscle groups twice a week is more effective for most people.

Are those two different days? Or is there just a space in there? And what's "Press"? Military?

And could you also post the deadlift/squat mix?

Originally Posted by Omarvs View Post
    Are those two different days? Or is there just a space in there? And what's "Press"? Military?

And could you also post the deadlift/squat mix?
    Yes, 2 different days. Press = Standing Overhead Press.

Squat
    Romanian Deadlift
    Quad movement
    Calves

Deadlift
    Front Squat
    Hamstring movement
    Calves

Yes, 2 different days. Press = Standing Overhead Press.

Squat
    Romanian Deadlift
    Quad movement
    Calves

Deadlift
    Front Squat
    Hamstring movement
    Calves

Ok thanks. I'll look into it and give it a try this week.
    Still open to answers.