freebird4360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

not getting tired

Hey all,

Just a little rant.. I'm having trouble getting tired. I miss the good sleep I got when I first started back to the gym. I'm groggy all day except after work outs, or later in the evening I just get wide awake. The only caffiene I have is when I first wake up. I've changed up my work outs to include lifting now, not sure how else to make myself tired.. I need the deep sleep to keep from getting headaches, but it's eluding me...

suggestions welcome!

Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000) Artistry is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you tried melatonin before bed? I used to have pretty nasty insomnia and that stuff has been tremendously helpful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/mel.html
    So, it turns out you can't kill a tumor with vodka...

10/22/13 - BP: 120 x 4, 104% BW. Bwaha.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What do you do right before bed? You need to allow your body and MIND to wind down...surfing the internet is one way to keep your mind too hyped up to lay down and go to sleep quickly. If you can't think of anything like that, that may be adding to your problem, are you stressed out/excited and obsessing over anything once you have nothing else to keep your mind occupied?

freebird4360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm usually surfing the web/finishing up school work before bed.. this could be the problem! I'm also about to graduate.. finals week is Apr 30-May 4, so I see some contributing factors. I'd like to say I don't get stressed out, but... I try to take it all out at the gym. Maybe reading a book instead of surfing the web would be a better option?

Thanks guys! I'll read up on the melatonin!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by freebird4360 View Post
    I'm usually surfing the web/finishing up school work before bed.. this could be the problem! I'm also about to graduate.. finals week is Apr 30-May 4, so I see some contributing factors. I'd like to say I don't get stressed out, but... I try to take it all out at the gym. Maybe reading a book instead of surfing the web would be a better option?

Yep. That'll do it.

Nice name selection btw

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by freebird4360 View Post

I see sleep in your future in about a week...LOL There might not be a whole lot you can do about it now, just know there should be some relief around the corner. Finals are stressful. Graduation is exciting. Life after graduation...OMG! It's okay if your mind is a little crazed right now. The test is how you handle it...not whether you become stressed at all.

You CAN stay awake on melatonin, so if you decide to use it still do it with the mindset that you are going to take steps to unwind before bed.

AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshBob87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm having the same problem at the moment, just not being tired until really late (early hours of the morning). I've had insomnia on and off for years but this isn't too bad right now. In the past though it was with being stressed with deadlines and things like that and sometimes even if you think it's not on your mind, it still actually is and effects you. It's a big thing with graduation and the build up to it.

I got into a good routine of reading in bed for a while before sleep. It seemed to help.

Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I see sleep in your future in about a week...LOL There might not be a whole lot you can do about it now, just know there should be some relief around the corner. Finals are stressful. Graduation is exciting. Life after graduation...OMG! It's okay if your mind is a little crazed right now. The test is how you handle it...not whether you become stressed at all.

You CAN stay awake on melatonin, so if you decide to use it still do it with the mindset that you are going to take steps to unwind before bed.

I'm thinking that not doing this, and surfing the internet while waiting to get sleepy may have been why melatonin hasn't done much to help me in the past... Very glad I stepped into this thread, I have trouble sleeping even if I'm not stressed out.
    MFP: mkjbarreto
    Insta: barretosupreme
    Personal Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162859401

*Femme Nutrition product log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167407101

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
    Have you tried melatonin before bed? I used to have pretty nasty insomnia and that stuff has been tremendously helpful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/mel.html
    This. It's not a sleeping pill but really helps. I use it to conquer jet lag, if I have an important day ahead or just having a hard time sleeping.