WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sick and Tired of Starting Strengths, need a new regimen.

So I was seeing some good progress with starting strength but I just got tired of it and it isn't something I can hype myself to go to the gym anymore to. I need a new workout so I can look forward to something new and something that will show results. If anyone has a good workout regimen, please let me know!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time, but a dream.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    If that's your reasoning, you're only going to get bored again, no matter what program you choose...

Typically, you won't see everything a program has to offer you until at least several months in.

WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    If that's your reasoning, you're only going to get bored again, no matter what program you choose...

Typically, you won't see everything a program has to offer you until at least several months in.
    True, the main reason I don't want to do SS right now is because I haven't workout out in awhile and its annoying to see how much my progress deteriated.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time, but a dream.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Either way though, there are plenty of options. If you know what your goals are, you can go from there. allpro's beginner program, for example, is one I would recommend if you're a budding bodybuilder or the like, or even if you want a more gradual pace of weight progression, but more aesthetic (i.e., muscle) balance overall. Starting Strength (along with a bunch of others, like Bill Starr's or WS4SB) might be better for someone in sports of whatever kind, say. Or, arguably, simply for some rapid strength gains that cover most of the body well, and the rest more or less okay - a "blunt instrument", if you will.

And yeah, I understand that thing about breaks - it sucks. But, whichever way you decide to go about it, you just have to get straight back on it, ASAP. If strength/fitness/aesthetics/sport/other is important to you, I mean...

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It really doesn't matter what program you choose at this point. You need to sort out your mental toughness issue. So you got derailed? You were seeing results.

1. Suck it up
    2. Stow the ego
    3. Lift hard.
    4. ????
    5. Profit.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    It really doesn't matter what program you choose at this point. You need to sort out your mental toughness issue. So you got derailed? You were seeing results.

1. Suck it up
    2. Stow the ego
    3. Lift hard.
    4. ????
    5. Profit.
    ^this...

I had more than enough reason to not want to workout every again but suck it u and get back in the gym. I went from squating just the bar to 145lbs in little over 3 years....got on starting strength, after i was cleared by my PT, and increased by squat from 145lbs to 240lbs in about 9 weeks.
    OG

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    So I was seeing some good progress with starting strength but I just got tired of it and it isn't something I can hype myself to go to the gym anymore to. I need a new workout so I can look forward to something new and something that will show results. If anyone has a good workout regimen, please let me know!
    Starting Strength WILL show results. If you want something new and fun, try zumba.
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find hitting PR's 3x a week hypes me up enough. Keep going mate.