Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Please evaluate my routine.

Ok, so I am a 27 year old male in the Army. 21% BF at 212 lbs according to my last weigh and tape test a month ago. I am now 208 lbs. I am asking someone to please evaluate my routine as I am trying to drop fat and be leaner. Nutrition wise I am eating a healthy low carb high protuen diet and snacking about 150-200 calories every 3 hours. Nutrition is good and I am at a 1200 calorie a day deficit.

Ok so my workout is 5 days a week.
    Monday and Thursday is chest and back, alternating between both. I do 5 exercises for each muscle group at 3 sets of 15. I alternate exercises between bar and dumbbell with pull ups and dips every time I work chest and back.
    Protein bar
    Then 30-40 minutes on treadmill with hr at 170 bpm

Tuesday and Friday is biceps and triceps. Same amount of exercises and reps as chest and Back. I rest for about 30 secs between sets to keep my heart rate elevated.
    Protein bar
    Then 30-40 minutes treadmill at hr of 170 bpm.

Wednesday is abs 45 minutes vigorous with a trainer, starting with 9 minute abs then a mix of leg raises, flutter kicks, etc... With 1 minute rest between 2 minutes of exercise.
    Then shoulders 4-5 exercises at 3 sets of 15.
    Then legs if there is time.

Saturday and Sunday rest.

I am taking 50mg testim 1%, fish oil, b-12, and a multi-v everyday.

I would like someone to tell me if this is an ok routine and offer up suggestions. I started working out again in January and have lost about 20 lbs since but I feel as though results aren't coming fast enough. I do not want to be one of those guys in the gym who can bench press a truck but has a homer Simpson belly. Thanks a lot for the help. I REALLY appreciate it.

tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc5998 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jefedesalto View Post
    Ok, so I am a 27 year old male in the Army. 21% BF at 212 lbs according to my last weigh and tape test a month ago. I am now 208 lbs. I am asking someone to please evaluate my routine as I am trying to drop fat and be leaner. Nutrition wise I am eating a healthy low carb high protuen diet and snacking about 150-200 calories every 3 hours. Nutrition is good and I am at a 1200 calorie a day deficit.

Ok so my workout is 5 days a week.
    Monday and Thursday is chest and back, alternating between both. I do 5 exercises for each muscle group at 3 sets of 15. I alternate exercises between bar and dumbbell with pull ups and dips every time I work chest and back.
    Protein bar
    Then 30-40 minutes on treadmill with hr at 170 bpm

Tuesday and Friday is biceps and triceps. Same amount of exercises and reps as chest and Back. I rest for about 30 secs between sets to keep my heart rate elevated.
    Protein bar
    Then 30-40 minutes treadmill at hr of 170 bpm.

Wednesday is abs 45 minutes vigorous with a trainer, starting with 9 minute abs then a mix of leg raises, flutter kicks, etc... With 1 minute rest between 2 minutes of exercise.
    Then shoulders 4-5 exercises at 3 sets of 15.
    Then legs if there is time.

Saturday and Sunday rest.

I am taking 50mg testim 1%, fish oil, b-12, and a multi-v everyday.

I would like someone to tell me if this is an ok routine and offer up suggestions. I started working out again in January and have lost about 20 lbs since but I feel as though results aren't coming fast enough. I do not want to be one of those guys in the gym who can bench press a truck but has a homer Simpson belly. Thanks a lot for the help. I REALLY appreciate it.
    Why not more legs? You seem in danger of overworking your arms. I'm not an expert though by any means! Also your caloric deficit seems a bit high - worried you will end up slowing your fat loss down if your body starts to think you aren't getting enough to eat.

LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LupusYB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb my 2cents

Dude, thats a really big deficit. I recommend upping to the calories to around 600 below maintenance, and easing off the cardio. With that much of a deficit your body probably thinks its starving, and its likely you are burning mostly muscle and not fat.

Also, I highly Recomend Carb Cycling. It's very useful, and prevents plataeus.
    I cannot post links yet because bb.com wont let me, but look up "tnation carb cycling codex" on google.

Good luck bro
    ****When I grow up I want to be shackbrah crew****

***Walk like a retard after leg day crew***

Now it's time, my body is ready, time to get lean
    'Cause you got negged like i got negged but you aint f**kin green (crew)

Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jefedesalto is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks

Originally Posted by LupusYB View Post
    Dude, thats a really big deficit. I recommend upping to the calories to around 600 below maintenance, and easing off the cardio. With that much of a deficit your body probably thinks its starving, and its likely you are burning mostly muscle and not fat.

Also, I highly Recomend Carb Cycling. It's very useful, and prevents plataeus.
    I cannot post links yet because bb.com wont let me, but look up "tnation carb cycling codex" on google.

Good luck bro
    I know the deficit seems high but I saw a nutritionist who recommended 1000-1200 calorie deficit. That's a with exercise burn deficit. My BMR is 2700 cal a day and I have a sedentary desk job. So I'm not burning much throughout the day at my desk.
    Also I have been trying to drop 40 l s in 6 months. 208 today only 18 more to go.
    Thanks for the reply.

xSEA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I notice you say low carb and high proteins, but I would need to see a daily schedule of your food choices, along with the hourly increments you eat in.

Originally Posted by tc5998 View Post
    Why not more legs? You seem in danger of overworking your arms. I'm not an expert though by any means! Also your caloric deficit seems a bit high - worried you will end up slowing your fat loss down if your body starts to think you aren't getting enough to eat.
    Thanks

kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingofbigmac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Might want to take it easy on the cardio, man.

Originally Posted by kingofbigmac View Post
    Might want to take it easy on the cardio, man.
    Lol I have, thanks.
    Rest easy my brothers,
    Know the line has held,
    Your job is done.
    Rest easy, sleep well.
    Others have taken up
    Where you fell,
    The line has held.
    Peace, peace and farewell.

I'ma come at you like a spider monkey.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Originally Posted by Jefedesalto View Post
    I know the deficit seems high but I saw a nutritionist who recommended 1000-1200 calorie deficit. That's a with exercise burn deficit. My BMR is 2700 cal a day and I have a sedentary desk job. So I'm not burning much throughout the day at my desk.
    Also I have been trying to drop 40 l s in 6 months. 208 today only 18 more to go.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Hey bro, sorry it took me do long to reply. I appreciate your advice. I have found that tere is a big difference in that deficit when you have less bf. higher the bf % the higher a fl deficit you can handle. I'm going to try carb cycling next month. Thanks again man.
    Rest easy my brothers,
    Know the line has held,
    Your job is done.
    Rest easy, sleep well.
    Others have taken up
    Where you fell,
    The line has held.
    Peace, peace and farewell.

I'ma come at you like a spider monkey.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.