seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanohara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some help figuring out what is wrong, thanks in advance

Been on Keto since the end of February. I wasn't doing any working out and wasn't counting calories, just eating until I was full. Between Feb 23th and now I went from 240 to 201, and needless to say I'm happy about that. During that time I have been strict at keeping my carbs under 30.

Here is where my problem arises, now that I lost a chunk of weight I decided to pick up Rippetoes and start working out again, and my workouts have been nothing short of catastrophic. First workout I made it through squats and bench and then got very dizzy and lightheaded. I very nearly passed out, my hands began to severely tingle and lock into place (fingers locked in an extended position with a loss of fine motor control). Fortunately I was with a friend, was able to rest for awhile and knock back a couple high carb drinks and things slowly came back into place.

For that first workout I went in fasted (how I used to always workout), and I thought that was my problem. Apparently I was wrong.

2nd workout was today after giving my body time to recover. I did my squats and even doubled my rest time between sets, had 3 eggs, 1/2 cup cheese and a 1tbsp of coconut oil for an early breakfast, and then I had 1 cup cooked steal cut oats a little over an hour before the workout. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first time through, but that is because I stopped my workout short after the squats because I noticed the similar feelings coming back.

I should also note that during the workouts I was taking BCAA's, Xtend to be precise. I was drinking that during my workout. I was also drinking a lot of water too (like 32 oz pre workout and another 16+ during workout).

Now I'm stumped. The only think I can think it is, is the fact I have yet to have a carb refeed day, so I need some input, because this is really discouraging to feel on the verge of death after 1/2 a workout. I love this diet, and if anyone has any ideas for me I'm an open book.

Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Italian.Muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try a targeted ketogenic diet? That way you have some carbs on workout days.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    maybe lack of electrolytes, but xtend should be solving that problem. Still, I assume you're eating veggies and have a quality multi you're taking.

Also, less is more. Take it a bit easy and simply build up your strength and endurance. I dont know how long its been since you worked out, but you're lighter now and eating less than maintenance so you would expect performance to drop.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA