corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

sharp pain while doing squats

I have a sharp pain in the v-cut area of my body when I'm doing squats with heavy weights. I've been told I have proper form. Does anyone know what's causing this pain?

corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corei5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone?

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    in on this, i have the same problem, its like my upper inner theigh, especially at the very top of the squat when coming up, also the initial lift on deadlift hurts same area
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you got a video...post it could be a form issue but we got to look at it to rule it out.

No. I don't have anything to record videos with. But I've been told that my form my correct from trainers at the gym.

bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Possible hernia maybe? Torn muscle? Does it hurt any other time?
    Romans 13:12

Misc Cigar Crew

Only at the bottom of my squats and only when there's a lot of weight

bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhanson92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by corei5 View Post
    Only at the bottom of my squats and only when there's a lot of weight
    I am no doctor, and I could be completely wrong, but it could be similar to a hernia, but not actually one. What happened to me is that my lower intestinal wall never fully closed, but my intestines don't stick out or get stuck, but you can feel them push out slightly when I exert pressure. This usually doesn't result in a hernia, but could be painful. Or it could be a torn/strained muscle
    Romans 13:12

Misc Cigar Crew

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But I've been told that my form my correct from trainers at the gym.
    This is almost a sure sign that you are doing it wrong. Most trainers don't know **** about proper squat form. Without a vid, we really can't help you.

It's 2012, you are 21 years old....find a way to get a vid of your squat.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Without knowing more, I'm going to guess it's most likely weak adductors (if it feels like your groin muscles are stretching/tearing when you're in the hole). Warm up with the good girl (adductor) machine before you squat.

At the end of your leg days (and I'd suggest on other days as well) go heavier on the machine to strengthen your adductors. If that is, in fact, the culprit, you should notice improvement within a week (the warming up with adductor does wonders in itself).

Article on the subject:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...n_by_adduction

The main part to read:

Originally Posted by What's doing the adducting?

The adductor group consists of the adductor magnus, adductor brevis, adductor longus, gracilis, and pectineus. Together, the five muscles comprise the vast majority of the medial compartment of the thigh (1). Generally speaking, all of the muscles attach proximally on the pubis and ischium and distally on the linea aspera (posterior shaft) of the femur (2).
    undefined

While adduction is the primary function of each, the amount of hip flexion present determines whether or not some of the adductors work on the femur as medial or lateral rotators and extensors or flexors (2). As odd as it may sound, the adductors are important as both hip flexors and extensors during the sprinting motion (3,4). Depending on the individual, the shift from flexor to extensor role occurs between 50 and 70 degrees of hip flexion. This phenomenon is possible due to the distal insertion point on the femur. When the hip is extended, the adductors' line of pull is anterior to the hip joint axis, whereas this line of pull is posterior to the axis when the hip is flexed (2).

Unfortunately, unless you're a horseback rider or breaststroker, the adductors receive little work in "ordinary" human movement (1). To further aggravate the "natural" lack of training, most training splits are geared solely toward hams and quads. Unless you're training with a very wide stance or significant amounts of unilateral exercises, you likely aren't hitting your adductors directly enough to realize their full growth potential. Additionally, while the hamstrings are predominantly fast-twitch in composition, the adductors usually have a greater proportion of slow-twitch fibers (5). As such, if you're partial to the time under tension school of thought, your low-rep hamstring training probably isn't doing much for your adductors (6).
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    could also be hip flexors too.

Here's a video I made at home. There's no bar but this is the basic movement I do

youtube.com/watch?v=so3QJxUwAIA&feature=youtu.be

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    This is almost a sure sign that you are doing it wrong. Most trainers don't know **** about proper squat form. Without a vid, we really can't help you.

It's 2012, you are 21 years old....find a way to get a vid of your squat.
    This.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a video I made at home. There's no bar but this is the basic movement I do

youtube.com/watch?v=so3QJxUwAIA&feature=youtu.be
    That is a partial squat.

Maybe you are using a weight that is far beyond your back strength, but is easy for your legs because of the reduced range of motion. I can use really heavy weights partial squatting compared to parallel. But I have a strong back, so no problem for me.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    That is a partial squat.

Maybe you are using a weight that is far beyond your back strength, but is easy for your legs because of the reduced range of motion. I can use really heavy weights partial squatting compared to parallel. But I have a strong back, so no problem for me.
    So other than not going all the way down, does my form look right>

So other than not going all the way down, does my form look right>
    All the way down is sitting right down on your calves, atg.

Parallel is the crease of your thigh is at or below the level of the top of the knee.

You are miles away from all the way down. And nowhere near parallel. For a real squat, form is of course much more critical. We have no idea what your squats would look like, until you post a vid of you doing squats with a barbell.

You've probably just got a weak back compared to the weights you are using. It is possible to use a lot more weight with partial squats. You can improve that by deadlifting more than you squat near parallel, or by doing deadlift variations like SLD, or doing goodmornings for high reps.

Form is critical with deadlift variations and GMs.
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 05-03-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5: