T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Just as you start to get down

After the continuous grind of going to the gym, high protein, low carbs, you do have your moments that you feel awesome for going to the gym, excited for tomorrow and for next week even, then . . . . that down moments hits you, you weigh . . 0 progress . . . even though you don't see it right away or maybe just .5 lbs ,but your still making progress.

I felt this way just a few days ago and decided to keep on keeping on. I did not weigh myself unti; today then BOOM . . 2.5 lbs down and my strength gains went up this week. That is the best feeling that i get from doing this, knowing that even the little progress throughout the week or weeks makes a difference.

Anyone else have these same feelings from time to time ?

Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah! I also don't notice any differences, but when i do, they come like from nowhere .

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Evelinn View Post
    yeah! I also don't notice any differences, but when i do, they come like from nowhere .
    I agree with this. Ill go 2 months feeling the exact same then all of a sudden I look in the mirror and notice huge gains. Weird how that works.

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T4344 View Post
    After the continuous grind of going to the gym, high protein, low carbs, you do have your moments that you feel awesome for going to the gym, excited for tomorrow and for next week even, then . . . . that down moments hits you, you weigh . . 0 progress . . . even though you don't see it right away or maybe just .5 lbs ,but your still making progress.

I felt this way just a few days ago and decided to keep on keeping on. I did not weigh myself unti; today then BOOM . . 2.5 lbs down and my strength gains went up this week. That is the best feeling that i get from doing this, knowing that even the little progress throughout the week or weeks makes a difference.

I know I did. It is a long trip and has many bumps along the way. That first cut of all the initial fat is the hardest mentally especially when you are going by weight and such. I can remember being so down and discouraged at times...but you just keep powering through it. It is like taking steps. Half way up the step everything seems the same and there is no change. Next thing you know when your down and feeling crappy...you finish taking that next step and realize your that much closer to your goal.

I suspect that is where many people fail along this journey. They don't see progress and just give up not knowing that we all go through that and it is a simple stage in the game.

BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000) BBD89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ScaleAndSteel View Post
    I suspect that is where many people fail along this journey. They don't see progress and just give up not knowing that we all go through that and it is a simple stage in the game.
    Forsure. Hardwork will always pay off in the long run!

T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I felt this way just a few days ago and decided to keep on keeping on. I did not weigh myself until today then BOOM . . 2.5 lbs down and my strength gains went up this week. That is the best feeling that i get from doing this, knowing that even the little progress throughout the week or weeks makes a difference.

It seems to be a repetitive process, weighed today and down 1.5 lbs

BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50)

yea man i know where ur coming from, instead of weighing ur self take a pic of ur self with no shirt on now (this is for u to see only) and every time u feel down look at that pic, look how far u have come so fa, if it is a pound or 100 pounds what matters is ur progression. i know from experience that weighing ur self can play mind games with up, try not to weigh ur self more then once a week.

Originally Posted by BigManMula View Post
    yea man i know where ur coming from, instead of weighing ur self take a pic of ur self with no shirt on now (this is for u to see only) and every time u feel down look at that pic, look how far u have come so fa, if it is a pound or 100 pounds what matters is ur progression. i know from experience that weighing ur self can play mind games with up, try not to weigh ur self more then once a week.
    Yeah I have been only weighing once a week, actually happy with the 1.5 since I have still been going up in lifting

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I have been only weighing once a week, actually happy with the 1.5 since I have still been going up in lifting
    I don't even get alarmed about my weight, I figured my goal was to get "big" or "stronger", but does big mean put on more weight? I figure as long as my reps and/or weight I use go UP, my progress in that aspect isn't going down. So right now I weight 170-175, I would like to be 185, but if I stay at 170 for the rest of my life and constantly lift more and more, then I'm not going to worry about it. I know eventually it will all fall into place.

This isn't a quick result sport, it takes time and dedication and you have to put yourself in that time frame.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Assassin10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always feel discouraged after going out to eat with my friends. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday (hesitated a few times, but ultimately went)...ate a few fries, tortia chips, and 18 chicken wings! I got home and weighed myself, I shot up to 175.6 lbs. Earlier in the morning I was 171.4 lbs...so yea this was discouraging. I weighed myself this morning and I was 172.6 lbs, so i gained a pound. This was a "bLahh" moment. Regardless, gonna go to the gym later and grind it out. Hopefully I'll shoot back down to 171 lbs or lower tomorrow morning. I'm so close to my 165 lbs goal that it's frustrating to even wait for my weight to drop...I've been at it since January, but with the nice weather, there's so many social occasions my friends throw and I just end up drinking alcohol and eating junk food, especially over the weekend, which slows my weight loss progress down significantly, but I make progress none-the-less.

So I feel ya when you say there are highs and lows. I feel incredible every time I step on the scale and lose weight past 5 lbs increments. And I feel highly unmotivated when I see that I gained weight. But that feeling changes when I step foot into the gym. I feel good after every workout regardless of having some backward progression the day or two before. Just gotta keep on trucking with the workout routine.
    Jan 2011: 225 lbs @ 25 to 26% BF
    Jan 2012: 215 lbs
    Feb 2012: 195 lbs
    Mar 2012: 180 lbs
    Apr 2012: 173 lbs
    May 2012: 170 lbs
    Jun 2012: ???
    July 2012: ???

Goal: Low to mid 160s lbs @ 9% to 12% BF by July 2012

mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigManMula View Post
    100% agree
    �You have to focus on your FOOD and NUTRITION. That's super, super IMPORTANT. MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN GO TO THE GYM AND WORK OUT IF YOUR NUTRITION IS NOT INTACT...Consistency. Stay with it. You HAVE TO do this day in, day out. It becomes a LIFESTYLE.� -Jay Cutler

I completely agree, with the above posts and it is good to be able to talk about the grinds along with the success that follows, i will keep this posted at least once a week good or bad lol, but so far its all been good

cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cate0504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe I'm just not motivated enough but when those down times happen to me, I get easily depressed and frustrated but then again, I would just tell myself that progress doesn't happen overnight so I should just continue to work at it.

Originally Posted by cate0504 View Post
    Maybe I'm just not motivated enough but when those down times happen to me, I get easily depressed and frustrated but then again, I would just tell myself that progress doesn't happen overnight so I should just continue to work at it.
    Keep chipping away little by little, I might not have a six pack this summer, but im thinking it might be under the christmas tree. Down another 2 lbs