Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Found my scoliosis back brace from 28 years ago

My parents are cleaning out their attic and found this. I had to wear this damn thing for 23 hours a day from age 11 to 13. Summers were unbearable. I could only take it off for 1 hour a day or when I was in the pool.

Just seeing this again brought back horrible memories. I even had dreams about this damn thing until I was in my late 20s. I'm thankful my mom was so strict with me wearing it. Although you can still see a slight S curve in my back and my right hip is about 1/2" higher than my left. I used to have a lot of back pain when I was overweight, now that I've been lifting for 3 years, no more pain.

This just proves that even with ****ty genetics you can make a difference in what your body looks like.

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dude, I didn't know that about you. Makes you all the more proud of your job well done eh?

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know that feel.

Had to wear leg braces and walk with crutches for 2 years as a kid. Ages 9-11.

I lol when people tell me I have good genetics. Skinny crippled weakling as a kid.

EDIT: This is NOT me, but I wore braces very similar to this, with big blocks of wood attached to the shoes:

Two freaking years lugging that steel contraption around with my legs spread out like that. Fuark!
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    My parents are cleaning out their attic and found this. I had to wear this damn thing for 23 hours a day from age 11 to 13. Summers were unbearable. I could only take it off for 1 hour a day or when I was in the pool.

Just seeing this again brought back horrible memories. I even had dreams about this damn thing until I was in my late 20s. I'm thankful my mom was so strict with me wearing it. Although you can still see a slight S curve in my back and my right hip is about 1/2" higher than my left. I used to have a lot of back pain when I was overweight, now that I've been lifting for 3 years, no more pain.

This just proves that even with ****ty genetics you can make a difference in what your body looks like.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I know that feel.

I lol when people tell me I have good genetics. Skinny crippled weakling as a kid.

EDIT: This is NOT me, but I wore braces very similar to this, with big blocks of wood attached to the shoes:

Two freaking years lugging that steel contraption around with my legs spread out like that. Fuark!
    You guys inspire me.

(srs)
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Props to both of you!

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    Dude, I didn't know that about you. Makes you all the more proud of your job well done eh?
    Yeah man, was a real downer. Cried like a baby when I was told I had to wear that thing. Tough age to have to go thru that.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I know that feel.

Damn man, not sure which would be worse that or the back brace. Made my adolescence kinda awkward. But thankful I had the correction made or I'd be walking around as a hunchback.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    You guys inspire me.

(srs)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Props to both of you!
    Thanks guys!

4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Leg brace brah checking in.

highiso your back looks great now!
    ̧̧̏ͣ͒͗ͬ̔҉͙̭̠̤̻̣̖ͅm̴̮̰̳̥̟͊͗͋ͪ͒͐̽̾ͨ̕e̽͗́ͬͦ… ̴̞̣͓͙̜̗̬ͯ̽ͧ̾̈́̃͡T̟̮͕͚̜̝̞̞͒ͭ͊̂͘h̴͕̖͙̮̱̲ͨ̓

[No Crew -CREW-]
    PM me about no red threads script

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Amazing stories, guys.

Great post.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Originally Posted by 4ndrew View Post
    Leg brace brah checking in.

highiso your back looks great now!
    Thx, what age & how long in braces?

Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    Amazing stories, guys.

Great post.
    Thx man

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We better check 'jelly roll' for the same problem. might explain every time he lifts 3 1/4 off the rack there's some separation of plates on his right side

We better check 'jelly roll' for the same problem. might explain every time he lifts 3 1/4 off the rack there's some separation of plates on his right side
    Speaking of jelly roll where is he? Didn't start an account I guess. You see my tennis scores from today? I just don't lose any more.

Speaking of jelly roll where is he? Didn't start an account I guess. You see my tennis scores from today? I just don't lose any more.
    I didn't see the scores - posted here? just got online. family dinner (grandman from fla just got in from fla) ended so I thougt I'd check out the forum. I'm not surprised, you're gonna own the court until you talk me into some raquetball matches talk about sweating it out !!!

Jelly roll probably was busy tonight eating peanut butter cups that go staight to his abs

I didn't see the scores - posted here? just got online. family dinner (grandman from fla just got in from fla) ended so I thougt I'd check out the forum. I'm not surprised, you're gonna own the court until you talk me into some raquetball matches talk about sweating it out !!!

Jelly roll probably was busy tonight eating peanut butter cups that go staight to his abs
    JR with his rock & you with your no text data plan. I sent u both a text, guess you didn't get it once again. I beat him 6-2, 6-4. His reign is over, I almost feel bad since he taught me the game.

JR with his rock & you with your no text data plan. I sent u both a text, guess you didn't get it once again. I beat him 6-2, 6-4. His reign is over, I almost feel bad since he taught me the game.
    SRS? this is BS they aren't getting through. Not because I missed a text about your tennis beatdown, but imagine if others on the 'network' aren't getting texts, email, etc...I thought it was awefully silent - told my wife she should put the tape measure on and send to the fiance as a joke would have measured about 6 inches

SRS? this is BS they aren't getting through. Not because I missed a text about your tennis beatdown, but imagine if others on the 'network' aren't getting texts, email, etc...I thought it was awefully silent - told my wife she should put the tape measure on and send to the fiance as a joke would have measured about 6 inches
    Lulz 6", you two and your 1980s communication hardware.

Lulz 6", you two and your 1980s communication hardware.
    yep, you get what you pay for!!!

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, that's amazing guys!

They caught my scoliosis just as it was developing at age 10 and instead of a brace, I was instructed to swim freestyle for at least 30 minutes a day until I stopped growing. 8 years of swimming after school every day and I used to HATE having to go instead of hanging out with friends etc. In hindsight, I'd much prefer it to a brace though. Kudos to you!

Originally Posted by Lunu View Post

They caught my scoliosis just as it was developing at age 10 and instead of a brace, I was instructed to swim freestyle for at least 30 minutes a day until I stopped growing. 8 years of swimming after school every day and I used to HATE having to go instead of hanging out with friends etc. In hindsight, I'd much prefer it to a brace though. Kudos to you!
    ^^^ in for pics of lunu in swimwear....i kid, I kid !!

Damn, 8 years? You could've been an Olympian. Just be thankful you didn't have to wear that damn thing

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, 8 years? You could've been an Olympian. Just be thankful you didn't have to wear that damn thing
    I actually came first in the State when I was 16 but threw the towel in as soon as the Dr gave me the all clear...Definitely glad I avoided the brace though!

^^^ in for pics of lunu in swimwear....i kid, I kid !!
    haha yeah....no!

I actually came first in the State when I was 16 but threw the towel in as soon as the Dr gave me the all clear...Definitely glad I avoided the brace though!
    haha yeah....no!
    Good for you! I would've taken 8 years of swimming over 2 years of pure hell.

Me too, bless your heart. Looks like it had a positive influence on you over-all though

All that effort.......and yet some people can come around the gym, throw up 225 10-12 times for 2 or 3 sets ( i lost track ) and have barely worked more than 15 minutes a day in the last 2 or so years. God has sense of humor

Me too, bless your heart. Looks like it had a positive influence on you over-all though
    Probably gave me a sense of humor. On recharge hit u later.

All that effort.......and yet some people can come around the gym, throw up 225 10-12 times for 2 or 3 sets ( i lost track ) and have barely worked more than 15 minutes a day in the last 2 or so years. God has sense of humor
    Just don't have dem genes bro.

Just don't have dem genes bro.
    would love to see him put effort in - he's not young either. beast potential ???

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel your pain! When I was born my legs were wrapped inward so I had to wear shoes with bars attached and my mother would have to turn the screws on the bottoms every so often to turn my feet around into a normal position. She said I would cry. As if that wasn't enough, I had to wear really awful orthopedic type shoes to school in kindergarten and first grade. I went to catholic grade school so I didn't get to wear the "cool" saddle shoes the other kids had to lol. and as if THIS wasn't enough, when I was 13, I had to wear braces with headgear.

I am fortunate that I did not have to wear the back brace tho like you, OP, and the kind of leg braces you had, Jim. I think all of us who had to go thru this kind of thing are tougher adults, that's for sure. *chest bump*
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, I can't imagine. Do you guys know what kids with those conditions have to wear now?
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 4ndrew is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thx, what age & how long in braces?

Wore these every night for two years when I was a toddler. Lucky I only had to wear them at night. Props to you for having to endure that brace for 23 hours a day.
    ̧̧̏ͣ͒͗ͬ̔҉͙̭̠̤̻̣̖ͅm̴̮̰̳̥̟͊͗͋ͪ͒͐̽̾ͨ̕e̽͗́ͬͦ… ̴̞̣͓͙̜̗̬ͯ̽ͧ̾̈́̃͡T̟̮͕͚̜̝̞̞͒ͭ͊̂͘h̴͕̖͙̮̱̲ͨ̓

[No Crew -CREW-]
    PM me about no red threads script