aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10) aoWHEY is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it important to consume more fat than protein on a keto diet

I'm trying to consume around 130g of fat and around 110g of protein with about 30g of carbs

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not really, would eat more protein if i was u
    Liftin' or Blazin'

startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm fairly new to the diet; however, from what I've read it is important to have 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. Then you assess the grams of fat and carbs.

Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    %of calories is important. Grams is not. E.g. 130g of F&P = 1690 calories. 69% from fat, 31% from protein. % matters.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The ratio means little. Grams are more important.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll want to aim for a higher amount of grams than fat as Atavis stated. Keto is a nutritional approach that forces your body to use fat as fuel, so you'll want to give your body it's new fuel source.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching darr_fit@yahoo.com
    Like me on ********:https://www.********.com/darrfitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"

Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adonisanemone View Post
    %of calories is important. Grams is not. E.g. 130g of F&P = 1690 calories. 69% from fat, 31% from protein. % matters.
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    The ratio means little. Grams are more important.
    I don't understand. I have no idea what the OP's bf% is, so I will assume he is correct just for the sake of argument. So he is consuming 110g of protein. If grams is all that matters, then he could get any arbitrary % that might not yield the right result. But if you get between say 27-38% protein, 30g of carb (I will agree CHO g is important) the rest by default is fat. Having a fat% higher than protein% is naturally more muscle sparing than P higher than F. You get this from % not grams. I eat 170P 135F which gives me 34/60/6 overall. If I were to eat the same grams of protein as fat I would either be starving myself and eating away at muscle. Worse, if I were to eat the same fat as protein I would be over on my caloric goal.

I will concede that the importance of the g's dictates the percentages. But I stand by if your percentages are out of what that the result would be just as bad. E.G. 50/36/12 (still 110g of protein) and the results would be horrible.

startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50) startingKETO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Adonisanemone View Post
    I don't understand. I have no idea what the OP's bf% is, so I will assume he is correct just for the sake of argument. So he is consuming 110g of protein. If grams is all that matters, then he could get any arbitrary % that might not yield the right result. But if you get between say 27-38% protein, 30g of carb (I will agree CHO g is important) the rest by default is fat. Having a fat% higher than protein% is naturally more muscle sparing than P higher than F. You get this from % not grams. I eat 170P 135F which gives me 34/60/6 overall. If I were to eat the same grams of protein as fat I would either be starving myself and eating away at muscle. Worse, if I were to eat the same fat as protein I would be over on my caloric goal.

I will concede that the importance of the g's dictates the percentages. But I stand by if your percentages are out of what that the result would be just as bad. E.G. 50/36/12 (still 110g of protein) and the results would be horrible.

In the Keto diet (from what I've read thus far), the person is to take approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. So for me that's 140g of protein. Now on Keto, one is not supposed to intake more than 30g of carbs. The remaining grams should be fat.

So for me, that is (approximately): 170g fat 140 g protein 20 g carbs (70% fat, 25% protein, 3.6% carbs)

Where as someone with more weight/body fat would have different ratios like such:

Lets say a 260 pound man wants to do the same diet. Lean body mass for him lets say 195 pounds. His macro nutrients would be:

166g of fat 195 grams of protein 30 grams of carbs (62% fat, 32% protein, 5% carbs)

So if my math and understanding is correct, then the grams are more important than the ratios because the ratios vary per each person

Originally Posted by startingKETO View Post
    In the Keto diet (from what I've read thus far), the person is to take approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. So for me that's 140g of protein. Now on Keto, one is not supposed to intake more than 30g of carbs. The remaining grams should be fat.

So for me, that is (approximately): 170g fat 140 g protein 20 g carbs (70% fat, 25% protein, 3.6% carbs)

Where as someone with more weight/body fat would have different ratios like such:

Lets say a 260 pound man wants to do the same diet. Lean body mass for him lets say 195 pounds. His macro nutrients would be:

166g of fat 195 grams of protein 30 grams of carbs (62% fat, 32% protein, 5% carbs)

So if my math and understanding is correct, then the grams are more important than the ratios because the ratios vary per each person
    So you notice that in case 1 you eat more G of fat than protein. In case two more protein than fat. Do you notice that in both cases the ratio leaves fat higher than protein? The result of having more kCal from fat is that your body tries to use it and not protein. Regardless of grams, if you were closer to 45/50/5 your body would be much more inclined to metabolize your hard earned muscle.