NaomiiEW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A little help please!? :)

So I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, so I just thought 'General Chat' as I am just in need of a little advice with regards to a few things.

So firstly a I just wanted to ask about nutrition. You see I am a vegetarian, and I really struggle with getting enough protein. I have do a whey protein isolate supplement, and I eat lots of eggs although i rarely ever hit my 150g of protein. Do you have any suggestions? I just feel like it's pointless weight training sometimes if I don't hit the right protein intake, as I can never seem to maintain the little muscle I gain, hah.

Also I wanted to ask about caloric intake. Usually i try to eat about 1900 calories per day, but most days I don't get to that either. I'm 5"8 and weigh 61.9kg. I have used number upon number of calculators although they all seem to give me different numbers. I am also seventeen, so I was just unsure whether my caloric intake should be higher? I haven't grown taller I don't think in about a year, but I also suffered from binge/purge disorder up until last November, so I thought that could have something to do with it? Or maybe by body has just finished growing, I am not sure.

I have lost 10 kilos since I began weight training in December which I am absolutely thrilled about. Although I am still so far from where I'd like to be- I want to be lean and strong! Currently I just feel weak, soft bodied and confused! I try very to follow my training program, which is a 4 day upper/lower body split, although I am a student and sometimes get so consumed in my work that I can't make it to the gym at all.

So yeah, and advice would be much appreciated!

Naomi

tink46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Naomi that's amazing u have lost 10kgs already keep up the great work...

NaomiiEW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tink46 View Post
    Hey Naomi that's amazing u have lost 10kgs already keep up the great work...
    Thanks heaps!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking at your pictures I think you have leaned out enough. It's time to focus on putting on some lean mass. Get your calories up around 2500 and bulk for 6 months or more. Join the bulking thread in the female >general forum. As for protein, bodyweight in grams is fine up to 1.5x bodyweight. I would not sweat it.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you were bulimic till nov. i would recommend a dietician b/c of that and b/c you're still developing.

but as for protein, a) you don't need that much and b) it's super easy. i'm a vegetarian too and get more than that w/o trying. if you eat fish (i don't), extra easy. but tofu, tempeh, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, nuts, seeds, beans. that's how i get mine in, plus the protein from non protein foods adds up. but you can also get protein powder (whey, casein, hemp, pea, soy, egg white). there are also foods like kashi golean, a cereal that's high in protein. etc...

but i suggest you not cut more and that you consider seeing a dietician.