gurleyjackie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it too far fetched?

I am wanting to compete in a Bikini competition that is about 6 weeks out, I just started working out two months ago so i consider myself average compared to the body building world (my 3 roommates have been doing this for a while). I am 5' 7 and 144 pounds, not sure on my body fat% yet, getting it done later today. I have stubborn fat over my ribs and my waist is a bit thick. Is it practical to think I could get ready in time? I began a diet that seems like the textbook diet for these types of shows, only carbs are sweet potatoes and oatmeal, no carbs after 3, 3oz portions of lean meats ( chicken, tilapia, and turkey) egg whites and veggies. Eatting 6 meals a day or so. I also am training 6 days a week, I do 30 min cardio in the morning and train in the evenings. I hit legs twice a week, chest and bis, shoulders and tris, and back each one day and abs everyday. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me better prepare?

JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know a ton about competing, but if you haven't been working out at all until two months ago, I'd say you likely won't be ready. You likely have a fairly high bf%, and just over 3 months of training and dieting to be stage ready? I'd guess probably not. Hopefully, someone who actually competes can provide more insight, but it seems like it takes a damn lot of work and a good strong base before even thkning about starting to get ready to compete, based on what I've read (mostly here).
    Last edited by JenMc14; 04-25-2012 at 10:49 AM.

kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelly9306 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd say 12 weeks is the minimum time required to prep for a competition (I'm doing my first bikini competition on October 20th, so I'm giving myself plenty of time). Your diet sounds really good, and so do your workouts, but if you want to have any chance of actually winning a competition, I'd recommend hiring a personal trainer who has competition experience. They can help you push yourself harder at the gym and adjust your diet accordingly during the last few weeks leading up to the competition. It's not as easy as it looks, I know several bodybuilders at my gym who are prepping for a competition right now, trust me, you'll want/need the help.

pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by gurleyjackie View Post
    I am wanting to compete in a Bikini competition that is about 6 weeks out, I just started working out two months ago so i consider myself average compared to the body building world (my 3 roommates have been doing this for a while). I am 5' 7 and 144 pounds, not sure on my body fat% yet, getting it done later today. I have stubborn fat over my ribs and my waist is a bit thick
    . Is it practical to think I could get ready
    in time? I began a diet that seems like the textbook diet for these types of
    shows, only carbs are sweet potatoes
    and oatmeal, no carbs after 3, 3oz
    portions of lean meats ( chicken, tilapia,
    and turkey) egg whites and veggies.
    Eatting 6 meals a day or so. I also am
    training 6 days a week, I do 30 min
    cardio in the morning and train in the
    evenings. I hit legs twice a week, chest
    and bis, shoulders and tris, and back
    each one day and abs everyday. Does
    anyone have any suggestions that could
    help me better prepare?
    Textbook garbage. We need to throw that textbook logic out. Too many people think this way, it's a bunch of horse sh*t.

Ladies we need to start a revolution and re wrote this book!
    "you know i went to the gym today and felt like i was the only one even lifting"

http://curlsareforgirls.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the input, my body fat is at 14%, figured that out yesterday. Plus two of my roommates happen to be trainers and I bounce ideas for my diet and training off of them.

Queen of F'ing Everything JustaGirl78's Avatar
    JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Who told you your body fat was 14%?
    http://instagram.com/justagirl_1978

Originally Posted by JustaGirl78 View Post
    Who told you your body fat was 14%?
    I had a trainer at golds do it for me.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't go by that number. 5'7", 144 lbs and just started working out 2 months ago will not give you 14% bodyfat. We're the same height and in my avi, I'm at 140 lbs and at best 18% bodyfat. And that was after almost 2 years of lifting.

You could diet down, but even the bikini competitors have muscle. In the competition I did, the same girls that placed in Figure placed in Bikini. I think when you get down to where you would need to be, you might not be happy with what you see.

It's really difficult to say if you'd be ready without seeing pictures.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

At this point all I can do is diet and train and see where I am at! But I did forget to mention that I've been a runner for years

TapFurbaryrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

replica watches ireland

manrec21 com/phpBB3/posting php?mode=reply&f=1&t=251270
    deltaclub org ua/forum/posting php?mode=reply&f=3&t=818
    [url=http://softwareupdatenow.com/in.cgi?7]replica watches in london [/url]