Thread: ALWAYS hungry!

hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000)

ALWAYS hungry!

Before I started weight training my diet was terrible and had been for years and I was really undereating. Now Im eating properly, done loads of reading and research through the forums and articles etc. But now Im eating properly I feel more hungry than ever. To begin with I started out eating 1800 a day and I made gains at that amount so I assumed that was enough for me but Im now eating slightly more calories because Im so hungry so now Im getting around 2000-2100 but some days its like 2500. I know Im burning by lifting which I do 6x a week intense. Ive tried a lot of different approaches over the last few months to try and find what works best for my body but Im still hungry with every approach. I always keep my protein high but Ive changed the fats and carbs and types of food I eat.
    high fat/low carb makes me weak and dizzy as well as hungry
    high carb/average fat makes me gain fat really easy
    medium carb/medium fat and Im just hungry

My carbs are slow like sweet potatoes and oats, except from post workout I have fast carbs (pineapple juice). Ive tried bulking up my foods by adding veg but too much veg gives me bad stomach aches.
    My main fat sources are peanut butter and flaxseed.

I spread my meals evenly throughout the day over 7 'meals' with the macros slightly adjusted for each meal (e.g. higher protein and carbs upon waking which is also pre workout and also post workout). I try to drink about 4-5l a day.

Like I said Ive adjusted my macros to try and find something that works so I cant give exact figures... but I usually get around 200g protein every day, then fat and carbs have varied a lot (estimates: fat ranging from 35-100 and carbs from 70-250).

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to include as much info as possible without making it so long you get bored to death XD I know theres a lot of people asking for specific help with their diets so I just want to say thanks to anyone that can give me some advice.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hannah7733 View Post
    I spread my meals evenly throughout the day over 7 'meals' with the macros slightly adjusted for each meal (e.g. higher protein and carbs upon waking which is also pre workout and also post workout).
    have you tried fewer, larger meals? might be the answer.

also, what does the sticky say your maintenance is?

do you weigh everything such that you know for sure what your intake is?

also, maybe food substitutions. you don't list your foods and there is no need to, but, for ex, you eat pb and flaxseeds for fats. totally healthy and yummy. but for me personally, the most satiating fat is almonds. more so than any other nut, even. so maybe play w/ what you eat.

eta: eat whatever you want when you want. no need to adjust carbs, protein or cals based on work out times.

hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    have you tried fewer, larger meals? might be the answer.

also, what does the sticky say your maintenance is?

do you weigh everything such that you know for sure what your intake is?

also, maybe food substitutions. you don't list your foods and there is no need to, but, for ex, you eat pb and flaxseeds for fats. totally healthy and yummy. but for me personally, the most satiating fat is almonds. more so than any other nut, even. so maybe play w/ what you eat.

eta: eat whatever you want when you want. no need to adjust carbs, protein or cals based on work out times.
    Hey thanks for the reply.
    Ive always had smaller meals throughout the day so I think thats what my body is used to and its also a preference for me.
    Both the Mifflin-St Jeor and Katch-McArdle (with a bf estimate of 19%) say my maintenance is at 2120.
    The majority of the time I do weigh what I eat but occasionally I dont and just go by what Ive worked out from past experience.
    I would give the almonds thing a shot but nuts are pretty expensive and its not me who buys my food at the moment so I dont want to cost my dad a fortune... hopefully Ill have a job soon and Ill be able to try it out, maybe I can bulk buy online or something XD

Dont the macros need to be split up at all? Ive read quite a lot of stuff with them saying like.... how much protein your body can absorb at one time and saying to eat carbs with protein to help absorbtion and prevent insulin spike ect ect. so yeh... Ive been trying to get 'even' meals but slightly adjusted as I said earlier.