mattripp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Noob workout split advise

Hi all

After advise, should I be doing:

Chest & bicept, back & tris

Or

Chest & tris, back & bicept

???????????

I've got squats and dead lifts included, just not sure why my trainer has opted for the 1st combo.

Should I change it?

Bump

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do what you want. Not working for you? Change it. Find out by trial and error, personal trainers are usually incompetent.

RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedDogOllie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why not do a full body routine as suggested in the sticky at the top of the page? Then when you have a steady knowledge of your body you can work up to splitting your routine.

EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EpicGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think all too often power is neglected from todays recommended routines! It seems people have become so obsessed with the finished product (i.e. looking fit) that they've forgotten the importance of a solid structural foundation (i.e. core strength and overall power). Whatever routine you get into I recommend including the big 3 (deadlift/bench/squat), as well as steady core work (front/lateral/posterior).

Good luck OP!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Noobs aren't suited to splits where the muscles are worked only once per week. You'll make much faster progress by working body parts three time a week with reduced volume by following a full body program. Here's an excellent one:

*Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

If you still insist on sticking with your split routine, then pair-up body parts however you like. In the grand scheme of things, it won't make one bit of difference in the outcome.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Is all of the routine meant to be completed each day? Seems a lot to cram in after work!