c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) c_hayhurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Warrior Dash preparation training programs?

A buddy and I are doing Warrior Dash June 4. What kind of training program do you recommend?

afflyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did the DC one last year, there is no prep for this. Hell I was drunk before I finished it. I was in the 3rd or 4th wave so there were a lot of people drinking along the trail (went pass camping area) throwing me beers and having me shotgun them. Just go have fun...I had a lot more fun not being worried about a good finish/run time. I actually went backwards part of the way to run a section with some girls.

and the if the last obstacle is the barbwire mud pit, dont dive head first into it, its not deep and it will hurt a lot more the next day.

jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeepbrew will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Warrior Dash is a piece of cake. I am doing one again this year in May. Now the Tough Mudder, on the other hand, was quite a bit more difficult. For the Warrior Dash, if you can run 2.5-3 miles and aren't a complete fatass, you will be fine.

hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hybridathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To take on a Warrior Dash be prepared to run over rolling hills scattered with military style obstacles, climb up and over walls and run through mud, fire and water. Create a Warrior Dash training program includes running, strength training and race skills to dominate every obstacle along the way.

Run
    Complete at least 2 run workouts per week. Choose from run workouts that include a long run, hill sprints, intervals and tempo runs.

Strength
    Get ready to move your bodyweight over, under, around or through obstacles. Bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and pull-ups can be used to create a foundation of strength. Next, kettlebell swings and explosive movements like jump squats, burpees, and box jumps will help improve balance and leg strength.

Race Skills
    Combine strength and cardio training into one hybrid workout. When possible, workout outdoors or run on trails in a similar setting as the race. To train the skills that will help during the race pair running intervals or sled pushes with bodyweight or kettlebell exercises. If you are able to get your hands on oversized tires or weighted sandbags, this would be the time to flip, carry, or throw them around.

Try this workout:

Warm-up:
    2-4 Rounds
    5x Alternate Lung (each Leg)
    10x BW Squat
    5x Lateral Lunge (each leg)

5 minutes of easy Jog and dynamic movements: High-knees, Butt-kicks, Bounding, Reverse Run, etc.

Training:
    Run @ 400m
    25x KB Swing
    Run @ 400m
    Tire Flip @ 25 yards
    Run @ 400m
    25x KB Thruster
    Run @ 400m
    50x Push-up

Repeat 3-5 times, and then cool down.

check out www{dot}racedaydomination{dot}com or email me joe@hybridathlete.org for more obstacle race training tips
    Joe Vennare
    Hybrid Athlete

www.racedaydomination.com
    www.thehybridathlete.com
    www.kettlebellcardio.org

mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mom2e3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jeepbrew View Post
    The Warrior Dash is a piece of cake. I am doing one again this year in May. Now the Tough Mudder, on the other hand, was quite a bit more difficult. For the Warrior Dash, if you can run 2.5-3 miles and aren't a complete fatass, you will be fine.
    I have to agree. As long as you can run, and have decent upper body strength, it's cake and so.much.fun!
    Kristin "Never mind your failures today...get back on that horse and RIDE!"
    The scale does not own me. :)

Nov 1 - Feb 1 NitroComp (Goal: 17% body fat--IT WILL BE MINE!!!)
    11/1: 128 | 11/8: 131.5 | 11/15: 129 | 11/23: 132 |11/29: 131
    12/6: 133 (WTF am I doing????) | 12/13: 132.5 | 12/20 | 12/27: 137 (damage control needed proto!) 1/3: 140.5 | 1/10: 133.5 | 1/17 | 1/20 | 1/27
    Sept - Jan OBF Comp (Goal-high teen body fat, bigger muscles: Big fat fail, but moving on).