FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

General question about bodyfat

I have a general question about bodyfat.

I know the body stores excess fats from nutrition, and since there are many different types of fat(saturated, unsaturated, trans-fats, omega-3,6 etc), is this reflected in the bodyfat stores as well ? Or does the body convert all those different kinds of fats into a unique sort of fat before storing it ?

A theoretical example : There are 2 persons, both have the exact same % of bodyfat, but one of them used to overeat on fish oil, and the other one on trans fatty acids.

Do the fat stores of both persons differ in any way, and, when they start to cut, will the one person have the benefits of the fish oil and the other one possible negative health consequences from the trans fatty acids ?

Thanks =)
    forever alone crew

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nutritional fat and body fat have no direct correlation, gaining weight will come from eating more than you expend.

That being said the person who eats healthier fats will most likely feel better and have better overall health as opposed to the one who eats a lot of trans-fats

FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FMyLife26 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh yeah, I know that they have no direct correlation, I know that gaining/losing weight is all about energy equation. Maybe I formulated my question a bit odd(no native speaker).

Well, Lyle McDonald says that fat stored in the body comes mostly from converted nutritional fatty acids, since carbs only get converted to bodyfat in extremely rare conditions, and protein to fat conversion is almost nonexistant.

My question is : Is all bodyfat ALWAYS made of the same chemical structure? Or can it indeed differ, can there be a part of bodyfat that is made of saturated fat, some part of it made of unsaturated fat, or some other kind of fat chemically?
    forever alone crew

DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FMyLife26 View Post
    since carbs only get converted to bodyfat in extremely rare conditions
    I don't know the answer to your original question, but what I quoted is definitely wrong. If you eat over maintenance, whether it's with fat or carbs, you can gain bodyfat from it.