00username has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

+My Workout Program+

Let me know what you think.

5 days a week alternating A and B days.

A day:

1. Two minute jog
    2. Abs
    3. Biceps/Triceps
    4. Abs
    5. Quads/Hamstrings
    6. Abs
    7. Two mile run

B day:

1. Two minute jog
    2. Abs
    3. Shoulders/Back
    4. Abs
    5. Chest/Calves
    6. Abs
    7. Two mile run

On my 2 off day's i'll still try to run and do abs?

bump?

RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyH20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not enough abs...

(NOT SRS)

kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100) kinghen is not very well liked. (-100)
    I dont know what your goals or previous routines are but it seems like a pretty crazy routine.
    only giving 1 exercise to back? I usually give it an entire day
    and 6 ab exercises? abs need some time to repair

As I said before i dont know what your goals are but I would split my workouts into something like:
    day 1: chest tris
    day 2: back, bis
    day 3: legs, shoulders

Originally Posted by RyH20 View Post
    Not enough abs...

(NOT SRS)
    Doing abs 5 days a week is good right? What about 6 or 7? I should rest them 2 days?

Originally Posted by kinghen View Post
    I dont know what your goals or previous routines are but it seems like a pretty crazy routine.
    only giving 1 exercise to back? I usually give it an entire day
    and 6 ab exercises? abs need some time to repair

As I said before i dont know what your goals are but I would split my workouts into something like:
    day 1: chest tris
    day 2: back, bis
    day 3: legs, shoulders
    I must have written it down confusingly. Each number isn't just one exercise. It is just the part of the body that i'll be working. For example take Day A number 3....

I'd be doing numerous bicep and tricep exercises. Not just one exercise for biceps and one for triceps.

See what I mean?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

+My Workout Program+

That's not a weight training program.

A list of bodyparts is just that. We all have them, if we are so lucky.

If you had a real program based on big exercises, for a rational rep range, for a rational volume, with a rational method of poundage progression(adding weight to the bar regularly), then you should have told us about it.

I'd suggest you look at All Pro's.

After a year or a bit more, when you can't progress on AP any more, I'd suggest you look at 5 3 1.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    That's not a weight training program.

A list of bodyparts is just that. We all have them, if we are so lucky.

If you had a real program based on big exercises, for a rational rep range, for a rational volume, with a rational method of poundage progression(adding weight to the bar regularly), then you should have told us about it.

I'd suggest you look at All Pro's.

After a year or a bit more, when you can't progress on AP any more, I'd suggest you look at 5 3 1.
    Ok I see what you mean. I'll adjust it with different workouts under each number asap

How's this for an A day. Got most of the info and ideas from "mens health : big book of exercises"

A day:

1. Two Minute Bike

2. Abs
    - Planks : 3x30seconds
    - Crunch : 3x30
    - Reverse Crunch : 3x30

3. Biceps/Triceps
    - EZ-Bar Curl : 4x5
    - Dumbbell Kickback : 4x5
    - Dumbbell Curl : 4x5
    - Dips : 4xfailure
    - EZ-Bar Preacher Curl : 4x5
    - EZ-Bar Lying Tri Extension : 4x5

4. Abs

5. Quads/Calves
    - Overhead Barbell Split Squat : 4x5
    - Leg Press Calf Pushes : 4xfailure

6. Abs

7. Five Mile Bike

Final Workout Plan

happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 00username View Post
    A day:

1. Two Minute Bike

2. Abs

3. Biceps/Triceps
    - EZ-Bar Curl : 4x5
    - Dumbbell Kickback : 4x5
    - Dumbbell Curl : 4x5
    - Dips : 4xfailure
    - EZ-Bar Preacher Curl : 4x5
    - EZ-Bar Lying Tri Extension : 4x5

4. Abs

5. Quads/Calves

6. Abs

7. Five Mile Bike
    why the phuck are you doing so much ab exercises? if you concentrate on more compound exercises you wont need to do so much abs; squats, deadlift, bench, rows.

Originally Posted by happiiG View Post
    why the phuck are you doing so much ab exercises? if you concentrate on more compound exercises you wont need to do so much abs; squats, deadlift, bench, rows.
    Just wanted something to break up the main workouts. But i'm looking for criticism so tell me why I shouldn't do so much abs

PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have too much going on for one day, a big part of lifting and growing is recovery. Limit the routines to an hour with high intensity. Abs should only be done no more than 3 days. Also what are your goals? Are you trying to build mass or lose fat?
    Visit these educational sites on nutritional and supplemental advice:
    AlanAragonblog.com
    BroScience.com

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just wanted something to break up the main workouts. But i'm looking for criticism so tell me why I shouldn't do so much abs
    Because you're not giving your abs enough time to recover, doing them 5 days a week is hindering your progress.
    Visit these educational sites on nutritional and supplemental advice:
    AlanAragonblog.com
    BroScience.com

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) happiiG has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PhiDelt234 View Post
    Because you're not giving your abs enough time to recover, doing them 5 days a week is hindering your progress.
    this. also a lot of the compound exercises will be working out your abs as well. i train core once a week. but then again i run 3 times a week (footy training and game day).

im not saying a have a raging 6-pack but i feel my core is strong. i have a self inflicted poor diet due to drinking and laziness.

ok thanks guys. i'll cut down the abs. my goal is to get bigger and more cut. we'll see how it goes.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Final Workout Plan

Awful, just wrong. It makes me very, very sad to see this kind of, of........

There is a special place in hell being prepared just for you for this abomination. Wars have been started over lesser outrages:

No squats!

Just how heavy are your overhead split squats? And whatever possessed you to do them? You can't possibly load them as heavy as real barbell squats.

WTF is quad machine? If it is leg extension, call it by the proper name. They are great as an assistance exercise for squats, best done for high reps.

WTF is hamstring machine? If it is leg curl, call it that. It is great assistance exercise to squats, best done for high reps.....

Cardio doesn't count as legs. Lots of weak seventy year olds look like Ghandi, and run marathons.

No deadlifts.

You don't need three types of bench.

You don't need three types of curls.

Triceps kickbacks are laughable unless you are a monster. They are best done for high reps anyway....

And WTF is a butt balance?

Since you don't know how to design a program, you should do a really great one like All Pro's that is designed by someone who knows something about programming.
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 05-07-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    And WTF is a butt balance?
    I was curious too so I had to look them up:

http://www.aabsolutefitness.com/butt.html

I'd laugh my ass off if I saw a guy doing that at the gym.

I'd also laugh my ass off if I saw guy working out his abs half as much as the OP is doing.
    No need to over-think this lifting weights business.

Originally Posted by emac_fenian View Post
    I was curious too so I had to look them up:

http://www.aabsolutefitness.com/butt.html
    Jesus wept.

Sacrilege.

I'm sure all the little girls and grannies swear by exercises like that. Maybe the OP can be as strong and awesome as them.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

hahaha yea I didn't know the correct name of some of the machines, my bad and by butt balance I mean, laying down with your legs and upper body off the ground. Your butt is the only part touching the floor. AKA you're balancing on it. It's one of my favorite ab exercises. Not sure if it has a real name though.

I did this workout on monday and gave up on it. I am going to do abs every day, but only once per day. I'm going to abs and running everyday and split upper body and lower body into A and B day's. Sound better? I'm sure that doing one muscle group a day is probably the best but I can't stand only doing one muscle group. Or maybe A B and C days?

A:
    Arms

B:
    Back/Shoulders

C:
    Chest/Legs

Sound good?