OzIso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right Tricep Problem

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought someone here could help me out.

Doing arms today I started with biceps, no dramas. Moved onto Triceps and doing lying dumbbell extensions and my left arm did 14kg for 12 pretty comfortably. However my right couldn't do one rep, there was just no power. It felt like my muscle and mind weren't connecting, like the signal just wasn't getting to the muscle. I couldn't even raise a 9kg dumbbell with my right.

About 6hrs before my workout I did fall asleep on my right arm, woke up in the night with it completely dead. Not sure if this could be a issue? If so is it longterm or should it recover?

Appreciate any help.

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Give it another day and try the same thing again. If the problem persists, see a Dr.

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    are you a beginner? if so this might be normal to have a strength imbalance...wait another couple of days and try the workout again if the same thing happens see your dr
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500) PMW is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by OzIso View Post
    Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought someone here could help me out.

Doing arms today I started with biceps, no dramas. Moved onto Triceps and doing lying dumbbell extensions and my left arm did 14kg for 12 pretty comfortably. However my right couldn't do one rep, there was just no power. It felt like my muscle and mind weren't connecting, like the signal just wasn't getting to the muscle. I couldn't even raise a 9kg dumbbell with my right.

About 6hrs before my workout I did fall asleep on my right arm, woke up in the night with it completely dead. Not sure if this could be a issue? If so is it longterm or should it recover?

Appreciate any help.
    IS the pain by your elbow? When doing a new lift always use really light weight to practice on form, never go heavy your first try doing a new exercise. Especially triceps they are easy to injure, just go light and you should be fine.
    ..:::MSU MISC:::..

mod negged victim.

Appreciate the help guys.

Woken up this morning, and it still feels off. I can't seem to flex the triceps which goes kinda on the angle over the others like I can with my left. The tendon that joins the outer side of the elbow to the outer side of the tricep is quite sore. I also was worried it was nerve damage, and I found I had to fairly big knots, bigger on the right side at the back of my head. Right were the traps meet the skull, I massaged it as best as I could yesterday and they have both gone down a fair bit.

I have avoided the gym this morning hopping it will come good with another 24hrs rest. Im not a beginner either, just all of a sudden lost all control/power with my right tricep.

Me again,

So its now been almost five days since I noticed the injury. I visited the medic on post yesterday and she believed it was a soft tissue injury (not sure it is) so she gave me anti-inflamtries* and told me no upper body till next tuesday. So I haven't touched weights until this morning when I did a leg session. My tricep isn't sore anymore but the right side of my neck is tight and I still can't get a great flex in my right tricep and its still weak.

If anyone has any input id appreciate it.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did you have a neck injury? Nerve damage can cause tricep weakness
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Thanks for the reply,

I had two knots right at the top of my neck, but massaged them out.

But since then I haven't been able to comfortably bend my head to the left. I really feel like I need to force it down and to crack it...my right trap/neck seems to be tight especially compared to the left.

Just haven't been able to crack it on my own...this stuff is depressing.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by OzIso View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I had two knots right at the top of my neck, but massaged them out.

But since then I haven't been able to comfortably bend my head to the left. I really feel like I need to force it down and to crack it...my right trap/neck seems to be tight especially compared to the left.

Just haven't been able to crack it on my own...this stuff is depressing.
    Something is very off if I were you, I'd go back to the medic or try to get a second opinion.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get a second opinion. There is a nerve entrapped somewhere. This just happened to someone I know. For some unknown reason he lost like 75% of strenght in tricep. The sports md said to not push it at all and just do light movements. Luckily for him he ragained his strenght in about a month but he was lucky. The doctor told him there was a chance that it would not come back. The problme he said was an entrapped nerve.

Appreciate the replies guys.

So I returned to the gym today, exactly 7 days since I lost the strength. Went in and started with dumbbell bench press, wanted to do a light sesh so grabbed 18kgs. My right struggled its way to 10 reps, that was enough for me and I walked out and straight to the medics.

Explained what happened and they read my previous report, he gave me more anti-inflamtories* (stronger ones apparently) and told me to take another 48hrs rest and if it doesn't improve to return. In which case I will visit a physio finally.

Im worried if it is a pinched nerve the nerve will be dead by then, if not now. I got my neck cracked and also my mate cracked my back in a few spots, hopping somehow it might help.

This stuff is really depressing and worrying..

MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkoH95x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish you all the best bro

Thanks bro.

Well, while I feel I might have regained a "slight" amount of strength, it still feels off. Haven't returned to the gym and its just about to tick over to two weeks since I first lost the strength.

I finally got a physio appt which is in 12hrs. Fingers crossed I can get some answers and get back on track to either training or at least recovery.

Will post with how I go tomorrow.

Just saw the physio for the second time, exactly three weeks since the initial injury. With no major improvement during the three light workouts I did during the week she took me to see the Dr.

He believes its Apraxia, not a full one as I have control of my muscles but a stretch. Apparently it heals at some pathetic rate so it might take awhile till I'm back to where I was.

Pretty disappointing, hopefully it heals up all of a sudden.

Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trigalight will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a similar issue with my left bicep, just can't lift as much compared to the right, just can't feel the pump in the left as I do in the right. I'm pretty new to bodybuilding so I'm hoping it's just muscle imbalance! There is a size difference too so it's probably that. Been doing a couple more sets on the left to even it out. Hope your problem goes away man!

- UPDATE -

Well its been six months or so, I'm still in Afghanistan and still haven't recovered. I visited a chiro on my two weeks R&R and he told me I hate two vertebrae at the top and one at the base of my neck which had rotated. Still not sure if this is the cause.

But I've had neck stiffness, my shoulder now pops and during the injury my elbow had a pain in the joint. I return home in three weeks and will see a chiro and also some acupuncture. Might try and get a MRI as well.

Been very depressing, literally no weights for six months has taken its toll. Just wish I could go back.

amundsondan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amundsondan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any improvements on your issue? I have the exact same issue.. slept weird on my arm and now I have no strength in my right tricep or lat. Can't do a pushup or pullup. Physical therapist said to wait it out but it has been a while and no improvements. I feel your pain with the no lifting. I have been off lifting for month and have already lost tons of strength and weight, its completely depressing. Any luck with the chiropractor? I am wondering if a neck adjustment is the answer?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by amundsondan View Post
    Physical therapist said to wait it out
    Wow what an awesome physical therapist.