realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000)

I am considering quitting lifting.

I am now 26 years old. A meager 180 pounds. Plenty of fat to show for it as well, as I am probably around 14-16%. My strength is going up at a snails pace or not at all (and sometimes backwards). I really had my mind into this for a very very long time but that clearly was not enough. I know lots about nutrition, I think I know a good deal about lifting, yet you can barely tell I even work out. It takes two hours of my day in the gym 4 times a week and that is not even counting the drive there and back along with the meals that come afterwards etc.

I just don't think it's worth it for me anymore. Who really cares about if I get big? I am the only one. Women don't care, and I think they would actually prefer if I would just get down to 8% bodyfat regardless of how much muscle I might lose getting there.

So after six years and 30 total pounds gained. What have I accomplished? Well I got fatter and my arms got 2 inches bigger. Whooo hooo.

SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!

First of all 14-17% body fat for a guy is actually in the "fitness" category so I'm wondering why you're feeling shabby...or flabby. Building strength takes time and it's not some destination you reach and then quit, it's a freaking hard uphill battle that you hit head on and with the idea that it quits the day your heart does. It sounds like the peripheral details (drive, food prep, etc), have you discouraged. Is there a way you can make these easier on yourself?

Believe me, it is ALWAYS worth it. And being part of the population of "women" you are referring to...1) We don't care if you're "big", 2) We do care if you're not in shape, 3) The last type of guy we are attracted to is a quitter 3) We could care less what your body fat percentage number is and care more about whether you can keep up with us or not

30 pounds of muscle is f$%&ing AWESOME!!!!!!! That's a killer accomplishment. If you got fatter, your nutrition needs some tweaking and you may be OVERtraining (I know guys hate hearing that).

Whatever you do, or tweak, or decide DO NOT quit. If anything you will be healthier for it, and that serves you more than anyone else.
    www.Cynthia-Hunter.com

Find me on ********! :)
    https://www.********.com/CynthiaHunterFitness
    or
    https://www.********.com/pages/Personal-Training-by-Cynthia-Hunter/241580718582

Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's all a mindset. It can be carried over into any other hobby, and even though it might sound unsensible, you don't have to carry the mindset anywhere, you can just stop working out cause it's just that, you stopping to work out.

Follow your own opinion on the matter.

g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100) g0n4craZyloc0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you were working out for the sake of others than your an idiot. Your not the only one in the world who works out, millions up millions go to the gym and lift even longer and harder than you have, so no sh** girls wont notice. You shouldn't be working out for anyone else except for yourself, to gain pride in the body you have, to feel good about being in shape and healthy. At 48 years old i think your doing amazing, and of course being older means results come slower, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and its up to you to either finish your journey or stop halfway. In my opinion, keep going for the sake of health, you dont see many high 40s adults in shape these days at all and i think people do admire you for that, but aren't going to come up to your face and say it.

buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strong username to post content ratio. That being said, if you don't enjoy it, don't do it... lifting isn't for everyone.

If you're still interested in physical activity there are a plethora of other things that one can do to stay physical and enjoy themselves, i.e. running, cycling, rowing, racquetball, etc. Personally I enjoy lifting and sticking to my diet immensely, that's why I do it. If I didn't like it I probably wouldn't do it.

Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by realworksuks View Post
    Women don't care, and I think they would actually prefer if I would just get down to 8% bodyfat regardless of how much muscle I might lose getting there.

So after six years and 30 total pounds gained. What have I accomplished? Well I got fatter and my arms got 2 inches bigger. Whooo hooo.
    Other's don't matter, it's your body dude there will be always critic. before quitting remember why you started and imagine how your body will be without working out.

I am 26 years old like you but i started only 5 months ago my whole body is now another body okay a bit toned less muscle don't care coz i won't quit muscles comes later i do 2 hours 4 times a week, 30 mins cardio on workout day. anyway stay motivated and seek for answers not excuses check what's wrong is it in your diet workout routine ? maybe it's time to switch to a new one, supplementation ? not enough protein, creatine for your muscles.

There's always a way and don't try to compare yourself to others, always strive to beat the guy in the mirror

JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesF4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    30 lbs? 2 inches to the arms? 6 years or not, good work - you've progressed. Congratulations on your achievements to date.

As for quitting... you've got to do what you've got to do. So what's the plan? What're you going to do that you'll progress in more?
    Stronger than yesterday

McDonald's dollar menu Jeramey8's Avatar
    Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What have you gained, I think you mean what have you lost. You've lost nothing by just simply trying. It's an experience.
    What you do should be for you, not for others to bash on and get you down. Just simply do you and keep a straight head. Things will fall into place.

Never give up, then you wasted time. There's no time in life for giving up. Doing it once can lead to a habit. In order to be successful you must be persistent.

Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercadeus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're lifting to impress someone else, you're doin it wrong bro.

jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with just about everything everyone else has already said. If you are lifting for someone else, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. There are tons of different reasons people lift, but to do it for someone else, in my opinion, is the wrong reason. If it makes you happy, keep at it. If not, maybe it isn't for you. Everyone has their own reasons for it. For me, personally it is like my own personal therapy session. It lets me escape life for an hour or 2 a day and forget about everything other than the weights in front of me, the road ahead of me or the elliptical under me. I know I am never going to look like a lot of the people on here, and I am not going for that. Bodybuilding competitions will never be my thing, but working out makes me feel better and it also helps me in my job to be in better shape. Sometimes you just need to find the right reasons to keep at it. Either way, good luck on whatever you decide, but in the end, make sure you do it or dont do it for you.

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    your over eating man. as for not getting stronger have you added any strength promoting supplements like creatine? You only need like 300 over maintainance a day man.

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    By the way life was just bragging to me about kicking your face in the mud.........think its time to get up fight back

jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 hours a day at the gym? Screw that I would have quit a long time ago.

Get some adjustable dumbbells, a curl bar, some plates and a bench and be done. your gym time will be cut in half if not more.
    www.handsonkitchen.com

hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardeepgill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey realwork, you do not have to go to the gym to get bigger and stronger. You can workout are laat home for a while. Buy some cheap equipment from buysell.com. It seems like you cking a real drive and motivation. Youtube greg plitt videos. They work for me.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Going to the gym and lifting is only half the of equation, how is your nutrition? - That's just as important. There's many solutions to your problem that can definitely help you start smashing gains and getting where you want to be. You need to meet with a personal trainer and make sure you're doing the right exercises in the gym and figure out where you need to be in terms of nutrition. When both of those things align, you'll definitely see improvement.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dont know what else there is to say. Its been said by everyone else. I just want to let you know that they are all correct in what they are saying.

Stop feeling like life owes you something - get out there and work hard for it. change your diet and your routine if you are not happy. But you have gained and you bf% (if correct) is not fat.

anyway, whatever, do what you like. I lift because I love the personal battle I have with the weights - I dont care what anyone else thinks. Its about my own personal goals.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/****arounditis.html
    30-45 minutes, 3 times a week can get amazing results.

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SoCalCyn View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!

First of all 14-17% body fat for a guy is actually in the "fitness" category so I'm wondering why you're feeling shabby...or flabby. Building strength takes time and it's not some destination you reach and then quit, it's a freaking hard uphill battle that you hit head on and with the idea that it quits the day your heart does. It sounds like the peripheral details (drive, food prep, etc), have you discouraged. Is there a way you can make these easier on yourself?

Believe me, it is ALWAYS worth it. And being part of the population of "women" you are referring to...1) We don't care if you're "big", 2) We do care if you're not in shape, 3) The last type of guy we are attracted to is a quitter 3) We could care less what your body fat percentage number is and care more about whether you can keep up with us or not

30 pounds of muscle is f$%&ing AWESOME!!!!!!! That's a killer accomplishment. If you got fatter, your nutrition needs some tweaking and you may be OVERtraining (I know guys hate hearing that).

Whatever you do, or tweak, or decide DO NOT quit. If anything you will be healthier for it, and that serves you more than anyone else.
    I agree with this.

OP, just remember you can take breaks. Doing anything consistently for years can get old. Take a few weeks off and then you'll probably feel a ton better. But don't just quit completely.

joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Buy p90x

It will work for u my boy was the same way 2 years ago now today hes ripped to shredz ****ing many girls good luck buddy

TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO you didn't diet and train hard enough to get where you wanted to be...

...Then you come in and put a downer for all to see and claim to want to quit.

Honestly, I don't have too much sympathy, but here we just give standard advice - get a grip, man up and push yourself forward properly before you do give up and regret it for the rest of your life.

beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet and Lifestyle are the two greatest factors in achieving results. You obviously need to make some tweaks to both. I know it sucks - dome dudes his the gym twice a week, drink and party all the time and maintain an awesome physique. Genetics suck like that. However, the one thing no one discussed is your overall health. Not having good genetics and being able to eat like **** and still look great will force you to eat healthy and have a better quality of life overall.

realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000) realworksuks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and take responsibility for my shortcomings. My diet has not been perfect whatsoever and I realize this is nobody's fault but my own. I know enough about nutrition where I COULD have a perfect diet, I just haven't had one for the past who knows how long. So with a renewed sense of motivation I was in the gym tonight.

Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I read this and was about to slap you in the face!

I decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and take responsibility for my shortcomings.
    Then i read this, mate never let others win by making you leave what you love and dedicated yourself for, remember you are doing it for yourself not for anyone else, results might be slow but your gonna see them soon, and for changing things buy some supplement dude a pre workout and a protein shake.

ISo with a renewed sense of motivation I was in the gym tonight.

Fitazoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Life is a marathon, not a sprint

You just sound burned out bro; my recommendation is to change your routine up a bit. I don't mean just different exercises, I mean try something athletic for a month that is outside of the gym. I was forced to do that for about 2-3 months after a major injury, and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

If you want another bit of major motivation; go to your 10 year high school reunion (I'm guessing in about 2 years if you're 26) -- it is easy as pie to figure out who has been working out, and who doesn't. Regardless of how you think you're doing against your personal goals ... you're keeping yourself stronger, and better looking than those who aren't training.
    Fitazoid
    Exercise Videos & Healthy Recipes -- www.fitazoid.com

SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalCyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and take responsibility for my shortcomings. My diet has not been perfect whatsoever and I realize this is nobody's fault but my own. I know enough about nutrition where I COULD have a perfect diet, I just haven't had one for the past who knows how long. So with a renewed sense of motivation I was in the gym tonight.
    SWEET. Keep at it.
    www.Cynthia-Hunter.com

Find me on ********! :)
    https://www.********.com/CynthiaHunterFitness
    or
    https://www.********.com/pages/Personal-Training-by-Cynthia-Hunter/241580718582

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice man! Keep at it and hopefully you will achieve your results soon enough.

Best of luck to you
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jetserx888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good choice!!! Keep at it, you will thank yourself later

CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrossfitChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am now 26 years old. A meager 180 pounds. Plenty of fat to show for it as well, as I am probably around 14-16%. My strength is going up at a snails pace or not at all (and sometimes backwards). I really had my mind into this for a very very long time but that clearly was not enough. I know lots about nutrition, I think I know a good deal about lifting, yet you can barely tell I even work out. It takes two hours of my day in the gym 4 times a week and that is not even counting the drive there and back along with the meals that come afterwards etc.

I just don't think it's worth it for me anymore. Who really cares about if I get big? I am the only one. Women don't care, and I think they would actually prefer if I would just get down to 8% bodyfat regardless of how much muscle I might lose getting there.

Not trying to promote myself but try crossfit.. you get ripped, slimmed, and great cardio. Just saying.

Enjoying the lamentations Ed_Hitchens's Avatar
    Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000)
    It takes two hours of my day in the gym 4 times a week and that is not even counting the drive there and back along with the meals that come afterwards etc.
    You might be overtraining. Remember, more isn't better and allowing adequate time for recovery is extremely important. Try working out less. Stick to compounds only, maybe 2-3 times per week, heavy weights, low-moderate reps, 30-40 mins per session (srs). Quality, not quantity. Not all of us are physically capable of sustaining heavy workloads and respond better to less time in the gym. No need to be dicking around with endless sets of isolation exercises, machines, etc. Compounds will do the job and in far less time.

Get in, get out, and enjoy your life. Good luck.
    Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Your prayers have been answered. The answer is NO.

Never give up on your dreams. They provide so much joy to your friends and family who laugh about them behind your back.

Remember when you were a kid and dreamed of working in a cubicle all day? Mission accomplished.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I know a good deal about lifting, yet you can barely tell I even work out.
    Then, frankly, you don't. Time to learn, eh? Check the stickies in the Workout Programs, and Exercises forums.

Here's the thing. I started late last year, as a 36 year old weak skinnyfat sedentary guy. Threw myself into hard training and a suitable diet, with no excuses permitted whatsoever. There has been a (strength and aesthetics) transformation - already. In a matter of barely six months, all up, of the serious training (derped around on machines and stuff briefly before finding a good program).

That is not to boast, or whatever - others out there have no doubt achieved even more in even less time. It's just to highlight the fact that, for whatever reasons, you've been coasting for SIX YEARS.

Lift heavy, work really damn hard*, eat tons of protein every day (meat, eggs, maybe fish too, possibly dairy) and lots of good food in general (fresh veges, etc.), get adequate sleep, and... you'll find your situation will change.

* Intensity, as noted in another post, is key.