Closed Thread
    Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000)

Blood test results back

I understand some of it, but not everything. I'll transcribe it exactly how it is written.

Testosterone, Free *98 (Range 47-244)

Testosterone,%Free *2.0 (Range 1.6-2.9)

Testosterone, Total *502 (Range 300-1080)

Sex hormone binding globulin 31 (range 11-80)

I know that total test isn't what matters buy I know that 500 is ok right? But the percentage reading is confusing. Does that mean I have 2 percent free? That's good too right?

For further info this all started due to a lump on my thyroid. Turns out it's nothing but I am borderline low TSH which is indicative of hyperthyroidism. I with they would have tested estrogen with all this.

Any words from Misc doctors? Why my body fights putting on muscle is still a mystery if it isn't test related. Age 34 BTW.

BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fair results for a 34 year old in all honesty. But seriously... the thyroid thing, don't trust your doc with your thyroid without doing your own research - www.stopthethyroidmadness.com maybe you have Adrenal issues aswell?

and yes they should of tested Estradiol (sensitive test for males) Thyroid disorders can raise Estradiol especially HYPERthyroidism which will negate the effect of your testosterone and thats ontop of the symptoms Hyperthyroidism could be causing you.. im going through all this **** myself right now but with HYPOthyroidism.

Registered User JesusShuttlesworth's Avatar
    JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BindMlown View Post
    Good results for a 34 year old in all honesty. But seriously... the thyroid thing, don't trust your doc with your thyroid without doing your own research - www.stopthethyroidmadness.com maybe you have Adrenal issues aswell?
    question for you...got my results from a BT from friday, level of 210 ....abysmal. scheduled to see an endocrinologist for further advice and prescription.

with my level, and being only 24, im gonna pretty much drive home the fact i want injections. will this be tough to come by with this doctor? its the most helpful way, i know.

MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MontelWilliams is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are normal, just like the vast majority of people

welcome to the club

x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude....

You're 34 and have better labs than me..... ='(
    Havent lifted since 2014 after benching 355 and ruining shoulder.
    Hoping to make it back into the gym after the Resolutioners clear out mid February.

Repping users that rep the Carolinas since 2006

Panthers - Gamecocks - UNC - ECU

Reps on sight:
    FFAZARI
    Shane-0-Mac
    Zaia
    Aggressive
    zackmorris
    dtbrehm

BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth View Post
    question for you...got my results from a BT from friday, level of 210 ....abysmal. scheduled to see an endocrinologist for further advice and prescription.

with my level, and being only 24, im gonna pretty much drive home the fact i want injections. will this be tough to come by with this doctor? its the most helpful way, i know.
    At your age id say do more research before treating the Testosterone (but it is DEFINATLEY too low for anyone, nevermind someone your age)
    was the test done in the morning?

The low testosterone may be a cause of another deficiency rather than Primary Hypogonadism so your doc should be doing other test before getting you on the T... though i would guess your gonna need it anyway with such a low level.

Forums to post on with all your info.. they can help.

allthingsmale.com forums - did i just see your post on there? i see JanSz replied.. the guy is a nutter obssesed with the smaller things like fatty acids.

t-nation.com http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...=forumIndexCat

You need to look into using HCG with testosterone to keep your fertillity.

Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x ShAnE x View Post
    Dude....

same feelsbadman my test was a flat 500

JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000) JesusShuttlesworth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At your age id say do more research before treating the Testosterone (but it is DEFINATLEY too low for anyone, nevermind someone your age)
    was the test done in the morning?

The low testosterone may be a cause of another deficiency rather than Primary Hypogonadism so your doc should be doing other test before getting you on the T... though i would guess your gonna need it anyway with such a low level.

Forums to post on with all your info.. they can help.

allthingsmale.com forums - did i just see your post on there? i see JanSz replied.. the guy is a nutter obssesed with the smaller things like fatty acids.

t-nation.com http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...=forumIndexCat

You need to look into using HCG with testosterone to keep your fertillity.
    hmm...yeah that was me on there. im really caught between a rock and a hard place with my levels. i want to get on it ASAP, i've known for a while something is up, but finally got over my stubborness and got tested.

im going to an endocrinologist for a follow up, and that's where im going to lobby for the injections. i dont see how a peripheral issue being resolved would help my T levels that significantly.

Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000)
    Concentration Testosterone = FT(free) + Alb-bound-T + [SHBG]-bound-T
    Testosterone = [S] + [SA] + [SP]

^equation i'm using for my answer

The 502 ng/dl is how much testosterone is in your body at this moment in all states how ever most of it's mostly bound to albumin (a protein found in the blood)and can't really do anything.
    The 2% (actually 2.19 they've rounded it) shows how much of the 502 ng/dl is unbound and is free to do things like enter cells and bind to androgen receptors = building muscle.
    For someone who is 34 502 is pretty normal and as your free test is 2.19 (2+ is fine for building muscle) that is also normal.
    To embed pictures: [img]url of the picture[/img]
    To embed youtube videos: [youtube]delete everything up to and including the = in the url[/youtube]

MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MXRacer323 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my test was only 380. feelsbadman i didn't mention free test though while my estradiol was 22
    My posts are not srs

x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kay4Kool View Post
    The weird thing is our stats still seem to be decent lol
    Havent lifted since 2014 after benching 355 and ruining shoulder.
    Hoping to make it back into the gym after the Resolutioners clear out mid February.

Repping users that rep the Carolinas since 2006

Panthers - Gamecocks - UNC - ECU

Reps on sight:
    FFAZARI
    Shane-0-Mac
    Zaia
    Aggressive
    zackmorris
    dtbrehm

The weird thing is our stats still seem to be decent lol
    i just scored a 210....feelsworseman.jpg. gotta get dem shotz

Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000) Got_tickets is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmm...yeah that was me on there. im really caught between a rock and a hard place with my levels. i want to get on it ASAP, i've known for a while something is up, but finally got over my stubborness and got tested.

im going to an endocrinologist for a follow up, and that's where im going to lobby for the injections. i dont see how a peripheral issue being resolved would help my T levels that significantly.
    THB you're probably going to struggle to get them to perscibe you injections that'll be anywhere near the levels you're wanting considering you're not good shape it'll be 100-200 injections max and it'll be a medical grade ester so it'll release very slowly so they don't have to inject you very often. When you're in the office hit them with buzz words such as depression, loss of sex drive and occasional erectile issues it should help you get a higher dose (which i'm assuming you're wanting)
    To embed youtube videos: [youtube]delete everything up to and including the = in the url[/youtube]

But there could be other issues aswell as Hypogonadism..
    Estradiol is important because you could go on testosterone and your levels could be raised but you wont feel an improvement because Estradiol will of gone up too in which case you would need an AI.. its best to know this stuff before seeing the Endo because most of them are clueless ****s.

YOU MUST RESEARCH THIS **** IF YOU EVER WANT TO HAVE KIDS.

But there could be other issues aswell as Hypogonadism..
    Estradiol is important because you could go on testosterone and your levels could be raised but you wont feel an improvement because Estradiol will of gone up too in which case you would need an AI.. its best to know this stuff before seeing the Endo because most of them are clueless ****s.

YOU MUST RESEARCH THIS **** IF YOU EVER WANT TO HAVE KIDS.
    ^ Good info right here. Personally if I had to choose I'd ask to be on AI insted of test way less sides and it'll bump your test about 50% depending on which you get perscribed

HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Got_tickets View Post
    THB you're probably going to struggle to get them to perscibe you injections that'll be anywhere near the levels you're wanting considering you're not good shape it'll be 100-200 injections max and it'll be a medical grade ester so it'll release very slowly so they don't have to inject you very often. When you're in the office hit them with buzz words such as depression, loss of sex drive and occasional erectile issues it should help you get a higher dose (which i'm assuming you're wanting)
    medical grade ester???

I'm deleting my post because this isnt the place for it...

but suffice to say you are a complete fuking retard... which is EXACTLY why this Isnt the forum to ask about bloodwork.
    Last edited by HevEw8; 04-23-2012 at 02:06 PM.

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jackslap View Post
    I understand some of it, but not everything. I'll transcribe it exactly how it is written.

I know that total test isn't what matters buy I know that 500 is ok right? But the percentage reading is confusing. Does that mean I have 2 percent free? That's good too right?

For further info this all started due to a lump on my thyroid. Turns out it's nothing but I am borderline low TSH which is indicative of hyperthyroidism. I with they would have tested estrogen with all this.

Any words from Misc doctors? Why my body fights putting on muscle is still a mystery if it isn't test related. Age 34 BTW.
    your testosterone is probably fine brah....

was this blood drawn in the morning?
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

Testosterone injections come as an ester (except for pure suspension). The length of the ester affects the testosterones solubility in water and the less soluble it is the longer it's half life. In ester form test wont do anything so has to be freed by esterases. Esterases can only work from the outside of the ester inwards. The longer the ester the longer it takes for all the test to be released. A medical grade ester is going to be very long so release of test is gradual so you only have to go every 4-6 weeks for a shot they are not going to give you it in a very common 3C or 8C ester which can't be talked about on this board

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Got_tickets View Post
    Testosterone injections come as an ester (except for pure suspension). The length of the ester affects the testosterones solubility in water and the less soluble it is the longer it's half life. In ester form test wont do anything so has to be freed by esterases. Esterases can only work from the outside of the ester inwards. The longer the ester the longer it takes for all the test to be released. A medical grade ester is going to be very long so release of test is gradual so you only have to go every 4-6 weeks for a shot they are not going to give you it in a very common 3C or 8C ester which can't be talked about on this board
    please just stop
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ragingcrayon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fair results for a 34 year old in all honesty. But seriously... the thyroid thing, don't trust your doc with your thyroid without doing your own research - www.stopthethyroidmadness.com maybe you have Adrenal issues aswell?

and yes they should of tested Estradiol (sensitive test for males) Thyroid disorders can raise Estradiol especially HYPERthyroidism which will negate the effect of your testosterone and thats ontop of the symptoms Hyperthyroidism could be causing you.. im going through all this **** myself right now but with HYPOthyroidism.
    idiot

Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by u5711 View Post
    your testosterone is probably fine brah....

was this blood drawn in the morning?
    Actually it was drawn mid day, around 1100-1130. It was also a fasted draw due to the nature of the other tests. I had actually worked out the night before pretty hard and didn't sleep well. I heard that those things can throw your results lower than they would normally be. Seems like it wasn't a big deal for me. I guess I van ask for the estradiol when I go back for a follow up eh?

I'm just amazed because I always figured I'd be borderline low test. Body fights lean mass big time. Have to work very hard to gain weight. Didn't hit puberty until about 16 (had a few pubes but nothing more until then). Just figured it would explain why I don't look like some of you guys after 2 years of lifting. 6ft and only 185. started at 175 lol.

Bump for evening Misc.

GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jackslap View Post

Dude....

Originally Posted by Kay4Kool View Post
    i dont know who fcuking started this low testosterone paranoia but enough is enough. do you realize there are a multitude of things can affect your testosterone levels at the time of testing? diet, stress, sleep, working out, etc etc. you could very well take the test next week and get different results

the truth of the matter is most retards dont know how to lift/eat... they dont get results and oh it must be low testosterone....makes me fcking sick
    <HTC>