Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Do you count your macros?? and is it needed?

I haven't been on this a while so I don't know if I am doing this right. Anyways the past couple months, I didn't worry about diet. I didn't eat horrible, but I just made sure I hit the gym hard. I love it!! I have gained a lot of mass since my last pics and more fat too (im sure) I'm looking to cut down a bit for the summer. I have no intentions on competing just want to tone up. I will continue to lift heavy and cardio 4-5 times a week, but do I need to be on a macro diet in order to see results? I have been on it for the last 4-5 days. and I just do not feel right about it. I feel bloated at times and weak. I'm not quitting but I would like to keep my protein high and eat clean with a cheat day once a week (nothing crazy)

any feedback or advice would help??

I see so many cut women on here and I'm wondering do they all macro or keto diet? Thanks yall!!

pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want results, then yes count macros.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually count macros AND micros... so, yes.

However, I'm only really concerned about my fats, protein, and my vitamins/mineral minimums, etc.

Actually, I track everything to be honest... I mean with the apps available now adays you might as well.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any diet is a macro diet. I don't understand what you're asking. The only difference between counting macro's and not is that you do not know how much you are eating.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To ensure fat loss you will probably need to count.

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

However, I'm only really concerned about my fats, protein, and my vitamins/mineral minimums, etc.

Actually, I track everything to be honest... I mean with the apps available now adays you might as well.
    what do you use to count your micros?? I want to see if im hitting em.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000) MattyK34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    -You will start to feel a little off if you're cutting. Cals=energy. Thus you're losing energy
    -cardio doesn't make you lose weight, a calorie deficit does
    -Notsure what a 'macro diet' is
    -sounds like youre 'eating clean', not totally necessary; due to iifym

Just a few things to note, look in to
    Good luck btw!
    1k+ always (srs)

[Official] San Diego Brah

Maplestory Level 200 crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by waqas11 View Post
    what do you use to count your micros?? I want to see if im hitting em.
    My fitness pal includes some:

Calcium, Vit A, Vit C, Potassium, Iron..

Also, I use this website:

www.nutrition-and-you.com

to find the nutrients in nuts, fruits, and veggies... and I just throw them into excel to make sure i'm getting all of them.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you need to count? No, some people get by perfectly fine without counting.

Would it help you a lot and possibly save you a lot of time? Yes, definitely. It definitely puts a lot of things into perspective. I had no idea how much protein I was actually consuming through whole foods. I underestimated a lot and there were days I went over maintenance or took too much of one macro because of it. 300g of chicken breast certainly doesn't look like very much on a plate when it's cut up.

Eating more than you intended to on a bulk is more or less fine assuming you don't over do it because it still results in weight gain and a chance that mass is gained. But it doesn't work this way on a cut. Once you're no longer in a calorie deficit, you don't lose weight.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pshickey View Post
    I wouldn't go so far to say this. For the first 18months or so of my training i'd never heard of a macro and made great progress. Started counting when I began my first cut. I do, however, think that counting macros is the fastest and most efficient way to see the results you want to see..
    IF & IIFYM

Misc 'Yes Man' Crew

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pshickey View Post
    wrong.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fishnbrah View Post
    wrong.
    Ditto.

<---- Doesn't count Macros.

I do estimate my overall calories and try to stay within a certain range, but I don't stress over exact grams of anything. I just try to get a decent amount of protein and fat in each meal, and fill the rest of the meal in with carbs as I see fit.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

Originally Posted by nacersusaf View Post
    Ditto.

I do estimate my overall calories and try to stay within a certain range, but I don't stress over exact grams of anything. I just try to get a decent amount of protein and fat in each meal, and fill the rest of the meal in with carbs as I see fit.
    I agree and disagree...

the thing is you're still estimating a count more or less. I think a better way to explain it would be that you need to make sure you meet your requirements, but you don't have to go so far as to track to the exact number

redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ditto.

Please dont confuse yourselfs by thinking what works for you at sub 10% BF, is what works for everyone, Time, money and frustration is what you are trying to avoid by reading the stickies, and educating yourself on calories in vs calories out. Will it work to just change the foods you eat and guess the number of calories you are taking in, of course it will, but using the formulas provided in the stickies to find your TEE and subtracting or adding accordignly will work much quicker for someone who doesnt already have an extremely low BF %

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I count my macros very closely... why? Because I never did before, and i managed to cut great... and bulked just fine, etc.. over years by doing it myself... BUT.... I was getting like 30-40G of fat a day and less carbs. Didn't really realize it but those low fats were making me angry, depressed, upset, tired, etc.. After I started counting and hit MY macros for the day (meaning pro, fats, carbs) I feel 100X better, and even my family and co-workers asked what I'm doing that is making me so happy and fit looking. I'm waking up early, never tired, feeling great at the gym, and my veins are popping now and I feel more fit than ever. Now I personally am saying it's due to counting.. because it's the ONLY thing I've changed since I've been 13... And it was also nice going from eating 1400 cals a day to 2700 a day and still cutting. It just makes me a better person IMO. And like stated above, I've NEVER seen my abs before.. I've always been working with higher bodyfat, so counting is a bit more important for someone like me.. IMO maintenance will be EASY.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can tell the macros of most meals without a calculator, but some people need them. As long as you hit your fat, protein and calorie goals you are fine.

Hotb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To properly cut you must count calories because 90% of the time if you don't you will overeat..or I do anyway
    "This is a lifestyle. There is no destination, no stopping point. This is a lifelong journey." - Me

The difference between the guy that never changes and the guy that's ripped is not what you see him doing at the gym ... it's what you don't see. What he eats and when. - Barn01

crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what app do you use?

SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeamusVega will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In all honesty, I have never counted a macro. I haven't even looked at those sticky things.

I've been working out for a year now and put on 8 kilos. A lot of that was muscle. A lot of people don't agree with this but if you eat lots, lift heavy and get enough sleep. You'll put on mass. Don't spend your time fuddling over how much this is and how much that is. Just eat big solid meals, eggs, steak, brown rice, chicken and milk, hell i even skull a protein shake every night. I eat around 4 times a day. I lift 5 times a week, light cardio twice a week.

Muscle isn't built by hunching over a computer calculating macros, its built by lifting iron and eating lots.

This is what worked for me, and i stick to it.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SeamusVega View Post
    In all honesty, I have never counted a macro. I haven't even looked at those sticky things.

I've been working out for a year now and put on 8 kilos. A lot of that was muscle. A lot of people don't agree with this but if you eat lots, lift heavy and get enough sleep. You'll put on mass. Don't spend your time fuddling over how much this is and how much that is. Just eat big solid meals, eggs, steak, brown rice, chicken and milk, hell i even skull a protein shake every night. I eat around 4 times a day. I lift 5 times a week, light cardio twice a week.

Muscle isn't built by hunching over a computer calculating macros, its built by lifting iron and eating lots.

This is what worked for me, and i stick to it.
    lol
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're new to this you need to count macros at first and by the time everything will be in your head and u can change ur diet easily without counting , but macros are really important if ur losing weight so u keep the muscle and get rid of fat and not go lower than ur BMR so u wont be killing yourself .. aswell when you're bulking up, so u dont gain alot of fats while bulking if ur not dirty bulking which i dont recommend you do. So watch your macros so you understand how your bodyworks.

pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry, what I meant to say is if you want "optimal" results then yes you need to count macros. I'm not a fan of wasted motion or effort. If I'm going to do something (this applies to anything, not just bodybuilding) I'm going to give it my all and do it right the first time, then I won't have to do it again. A quote from a muscle prodigy video "time is the most precious commodity there is, it's the one thing you can't ever buy or buy back, all successfull people realize this".

A lot of people come on this forum almost begging us to tell them it's okay to cheat, or not count, or skip this, etc... I find it silly to say okay to questions like that. Sure you can do that, but after 5 or 10 or even 20 years of half assed work, just imagine where you could have been had you worked just a little bit harder.

where can I figure all that out?

Originally Posted by Hborno View Post
    If you're new to this you need to count macros at first and by the time everything will be in your head and u can change ur diet easily without counting , but macros are really important if ur losing weight so u keep the muscle and get rid of fat and not go lower than ur BMR so u wont be killing yourself .. aswell when you're bulking up, so u dont gain alot of fats while bulking if ur not dirty bulking which i dont recommend you do. So watch your macros so you understand how your bodyworks.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crystellful View Post
    where can I figure all that out?
    Here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Running for my life. The Running Man's Avatar
    The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few times a year I'll log my intake over a week to get a general idea of where I'm at, and make adjustments accordingly. I'm also not a physique competitor, I'm lean all the time (I don't go through cut/bulk cycles), and my target window probably allows for a much wider margin of error than a lot of people on this forum.

Left unchecked, my tendency is to under eat, especially fats, so now I just have a bunch of Ben & Jerry's, almonds, and dark chocolate, etc, that I snack on in between meals.

Heat/Fins/Marlins/The U anonymous123's Avatar
    anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000)

How do you track your micros? What guidelines do you use to know your minimums? That's one thing I wish the Lose It! app would add lol
    I rep Miami Dolphins fans on sight

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by redleg0909 View Post
    Please dont confuse yourselfs by thinking what works for you at sub 10% BF, is what works for everyone, Time, money and frustration is what you are trying to avoid by reading the stickies, and educating yourself on calories in vs calories out. Will it work to just change the foods you eat and guess the number of calories you are taking in, of course it will, but using the formulas provided in the stickies to find your TEE and subtracting or adding accordignly will work much quicker for someone who doesnt already have an extremely low BF %
    Well I definitely don't have "sub 10%" Bodyfat... but I see what you are saying and I can agree to a point. I wasn't always this lean though, I've actually lost over 60 pounds... so please don't assume I'm some naturally lean person who never had to work for it. I never counted my macros and have done just fine. I do roughly count calories, in that I pay attention to calorie-dense things like fats, but I am pretty lax with other things. I absolutely admit that as I get leaner I can relax a bit more, but this is definitely NOT where I started out.

The point was that the op asked if it was 'necessary' to count macros, and no, it isn't. Is it helpful? Absolutely, especially if you are just getting started. You don't need to drive yourself crazy and spend hours with a calculator and staring at nutrition labels to lean out a bit. Unless you're preparing for a contest or have special needs it doesn't have to be all that complicated. Ultimately the most effective diet plan is the one that works for your lifestyle. If you cannot fathom the idea of counting macros you aren't doomed to failure.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

Originally Posted by anonymous123 View Post
    How do you track your micros? What guidelines do you use to know your minimums? That's one thing I wish the Lose It! app would add lol
    I posted a link above.

This website: www.nutrition-and-you.com has micros for all common veggis, fruits, and nuts.

After that I found various websites which tell you minimums, etc.

I basically just did a quick lookover and when I saw my micros were WELL over minimum.. i stopped keeping track

Also, Excel is your friend.

Yeah I wish an app would add that too... would be helpful.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I definitely don't have "sub 10%" Bodyfat... but I see what you are saying and I can agree to a point. I wasn't always this lean though, I've actually lost over 60 pounds... so please don't assume I'm some naturally lean person who never had to work for it. I never counted my macros and have done just fine. I do roughly count calories, in that I pay attention to calorie-dense things like fats, but I am pretty lax with other things. I absolutely admit that as I get leaner I can relax a bit more, but this is definitely NOT where I started out.
    See, this is how I was.. never counted, just did what I thought was best. I saw results as well, bulked nice, cut nice, felt better, etc.. but found out I was eating 1000 cals less a day than I could be eating. I guess for me it just made more sense to count, because who doesn't want to hear "hey, you can double your food intake and still cut the same, and feel better too". So I see why everyone is saying don't be so anal, because you can see results, but you could also be way under eating as well. Another thing, in my before (guessing diet) I had a pic of myself at 179 with a shirt off... then I compared it to myself about 3-4 weeks ago when I was 185... everyone who looked at the pics (which I didn't tell them the differences) said the one on the right (185) I looked leaner, had better abs, skinnier, and looked more built.... so that was another plus of counting....weighing more but being skinnier and stronger all around.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crystellful View Post
    I haven't been on this a while so I don't know if I am doing this right. Anyways the past couple months, I didn't worry about diet. I didn't eat horrible, but I just made sure I hit the gym hard. I love it!! I have gained a lot of mass since my last pics and more fat too (im sure) I'm looking to cut down a bit for the summer. I have no intentions on competing just want to tone up. I will continue to lift heavy and cardio 4-5 times a week, but do I need to be on a macro diet in order to see results? I have been on it for the last 4-5 days. and I just do not feel right about it. I feel bloated at times and weak. I'm not quitting but I would like to keep my protein high and eat clean with a cheat day once a week (nothing crazy)

any feedback or advice would help??

I see so many cut women on here and I'm wondering do they all macro or keto diet? Thanks yall!!

if your looking to lose some fat but have no concern or need to be shredded the best and easiest way I have seen is this...

figure out your protein needs
    figure out your calorie needs

Hit them. So at 130 pounds if you are 20% bodyfat you have 104 pounds of lean mass. I'd eat on a cut 1.25 grams of protien per pound of lean mass so somewhere in the neighborhood of 115-130 grams of protein. Then let's say you want 1400 calories a day. If that is the case you'd get around 520 from protein then just eat what you want to get the rest of your calories. I'd recommend micro and macro dense foods to get all the nutrition you need in the day but that is sort of the barebones thing you can do to lose weight.

If you want optimal body composition then you could make goals for all macros and hit all of them.