twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)

Back to the gym...as a new mom!

Hey everyone! There are a lot of new faces here, so most of you probably don't know me. I used to be on here a lot! I've taken some time off of journaling and working out in general, but it's time to get back to it!

My history: I've been up and down in weight my whole life. I was an overweight teenager, then spent my 20s being obsessed with working out and dieting. Way too obsessed! I got down to a low of 105# and I was so unhealthy! I then started working on gaining muscle and being healthier, but my mind was still in an unhealthy, obsessed state. I had to take a break from it. I've had a busy few years! I got a divorce, met and married the love of my life and now I'm a step mom to twin 6 year olds and a mom to a new baby! My little guy (his name is Will) is a month old.

So this journal is going to center around trying to lose some weight, get my muscle back and fitting it all in with a very busy schedule! I'm taking a year off of work (thanks to my wonderful husband!) and I'm so glad I can stay at home. It's pretty lonely though! I need to meet some other stay at home moms. It will be nice when I can leave the baby at the gym day care. Right now, I will be trying to make it to the gym 3 days a week when my husband comes home. He's going to go early in the morning.

I'm going to be doing a full body workout for awhile since I haven't lifted the entire time I was pregnant. I have a rowing machine at home, so I will be doing that 4-5 days a week and walking whenever I can. I'm not sure what to do calorie wise, since I am breastfeeding. I know I need some extra calories because of that, so I was thinking of starting at 1800-2000 calories and seeing how it goes. I'm not going to get too crazy with macros yet. I'll just try to get at least 120 g. of protein. I used to eat a ton more protein, but I've been on a 9 month carb load, so it's going to take some time to readjust!

When I got pregnant, I was around 165#, and I am at 173# as of today. I want to get down around 135-140#. I will be doing measurements tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to that!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! I will check back in later with my diet for the day and my workout.
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG..
    Congratulations on the new baby and everything
    I have missed you..
    Good Luck
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations on your new addition and best of luck with everything! That calorie range seems like a reasonable starting point.. maybe more toward the 2000 end of things though.
    ** Current Maxes: **
    Deadlift: 235 lbs // Bench: 100 lbs // Squat: 185 lbs // Overhead Press: 80 lbs

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congratulations on so many positive changes in your life (and having such a supportive man)!

I cannot wait to follow your progress.

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi I love seeing new moms working out...I wasn't one of them! Lol. I regret it but I wasn't working out before the kids either Took me 3 kids to figure out my body wasn't going to magically transform

Good luck!
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedZaftig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats and welcome back! Are there any "Mommy and Me" classes where you live? My local recreation centre has a "Mommy & Me Aquafit" and "Mommy & Me Bootcamp". You can take your baby in the water and use them as resistance...squat and lift baby, run with baby etc...The bootcamp has the baby in a stroller and you use the stroller as resistance etc..I know lots of new moms make new friends in those classes. All the best
    In the immortal words of The Doors, 'The time to hesitate is through.'

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    OMG..
    Congratulations on the new baby and everything
    I have missed you..
    Good Luck
    What she said!!

I'm so glad you are back, it's been way too long...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I did get in a workout on Monday. I did a full body workout, and it was so embarrassing! I used to throw around the 45# plates like they were nothing, and I went to pick one up and almost fell over! I went from doing 450# leg presses last year to a 90# leg press. And I was so sore the last couple days, you would have thought I ran a marathon.

I got out for a walk with the baby and the dogs yesterday. I'm going back for another full body workout tonight once my stepkids go back home. I will also get in some rowing.

Eating has been going pretty well. My doctor told me to give up dairy. He thinks it could be causing the fussiness we've been seeing in the baby. He wants me to try it before dismissing it as colic. I have noticed a big difference in him, but it's hard giving up dairy! I'm struggling getting in enough veggies, since I have to avoid the gassy ones because of breast feeding. I love broccoli and other gassy veggies!

I really need to meet some other stay at home moms. I am getting so bored already! Not that I want to go back to work!! It's a little lonely though. It will be nice as the weather gets nicer and he gets older and we can be outside more and go on more outings. Making friends as an adult is hard! I had enough trouble with it when I was young and it was supposed to be easy!

I also am struggling with being sedentary. I love bonding with the baby, but he wants to sleep on me all day long. As soon as I put him down, he wakes up. I'm trying to put him in the sling more so I can walk around. I'm getting way too familiar with daytime tv though!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, so good to "see" you! I took some time off here too, glad to be back and glad to see you back. So happy that you found the love of your life and have a wonderful famliy now! You had such a struggle for a while. Being able to stay at home and be a mom is such a wonderful thing, glad you and your husband are able to do that.
    Julia

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey T! Baby pix please?
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey,

I'll be reading along as I will be a new mum in August too and will have to go through the getting back into the swing of things like you are.
    I am totally planning on doing the babywearing thing, like you said if babes is going to be sleeping all day might as well be mobile and do your own thing while he is out.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most