JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Morning workout = what to eat

I read about having breakfast and then there is a pre-workout meal and then a post workout meal...

what if I work out first thing in the morning, then what should my meal look like?

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind working out on an empty stomach. But sometimes I just drink some BCAAs or something on my way there.

Right now, my workout is about 2hrs after I get up, with a class in between, and since I can't eat breakfast without wanting to vomit, I just drink a shake on my way to class, workout, another shake on my way home and then some food.

I guess it depends on your preference, I literally can't eat when I get up so this works better for me, but some people like to eat a lot of food an hour before a workout..
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strobelite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm currently on IF so I usually don't eat before working out(only on leg day). What/when you eat pre-workout is really just preference.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JCRZ88 View Post
    I read about having breakfast and then there is a pre-workout meal and then a post workout meal...

what if I work out first thing in the morning, then what should my meal look like?
    You don't have to worry about labels such as pre- and post-workout meals. Just eat before then train then eat at your convenience after. Here's something Alan just recently posted:

Originally Posted by Alan Aragon
    Your statement ignores scenarios where a protein-rich preworkout meal is consumed, which in many cases would nullify the need (& thus optimality) of another protein dose within an hour of training. For example, 45 g whey by itself takes 40 minutes for insulin levels to peak, 50 minutes for AA levels to peak, and appx 3 hours for both to return to baseline. Now, add carbs &/or fat to that in your preworkout meal, and you have an even longer appearance curve. Don't get caught up in the hype of the anabolic window. It rarely applies to typical weight training scenarios. Add to this that the majority of long-term studies don't support it (within the context of weight training), then you have insufficient grounds to make the blanket claim that protein dosing within an hour of training is optimal.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A year ago, I was an unbeliever for fasted morning workouts. To this day, I would never have it any other way.

SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If I eat then workout an hour later, 30 minutes into my session and I'm gripping my stomach while sweating profusely. It feels like death.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, as you can see, you can workout fasted if you like. Just because you slept for 6-8 hours and go to the gym doesn't mean your muscles will fall off. Many people ingest BCAAs (such as in Xtend) if they train first thing in the morning) others train with NOTHING in their stomachs. Find what works for you from the perspective of feeling good at the gym rather than some attempt to prevent muscle loss because of a 6-8 hour fast while you were sleeping, as there will not be any muscle loss from a fast that short.

tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by feelsg00dmayne View Post
    A year ago, I was an unbeliever for fasted morning workouts. To this day, I would never have it any other way.
    That's awesome dude that you keep an open mind. So many people get set in their ways and don't think anything else works.
    ***ISSA CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER***

mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcarb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good question OP.
    I had the same question for the past 6-8 months and have tried a few ideas i have read on the forum. I train at 6am, 30m after i wake up.
    1. empty stomach No-Xplode - Didn't like it, gave no actual effect.
    2. Mesomorph - 30 mins before - Very intense, but after 8 weeks i was overdosing just to feel it. expensive and feels VERY unnatural.
    3. protein shake + banana - just to get something in my stomach. not bad. but prefer training on empty stomach.
    4. Orange & Caffeine - I only have an orange about once per week, but it gives a bit of (placebo) energy, and the coffee wakes me up good and proper (very strong). I down a protein shake as soon as i get home and then have some breakfast about 30 mins after. Has worked well for me for the past 4 months.

Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When i train in the morning i might just have a shake or some pre workout, and get a good meal in after

Sportsfuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Different methods work for different people. Personally, i like to have some breakfast as long as there is a 2 hour gap before the workout. Failing that, it will be a protein shake with some fine oats.
    powderandpills.com

Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I drink a load of milk.....easy to do and lots of carbs and protein. Its whatever works for you!!
    :)

redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) redleg0909 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pre workout nutrition can begin up to 24hrs prior to training, So there really is no need to have a "Pre Workout" meal, If you want to then eat if you dont then wait till your hungry, normally im hungriest after i train, so my biggest meal of the day will follow my workout. But that is my personal preference, IIFYM should really add WYW (When You Want) to the end.

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by feelsg00dmayne View Post
    I used to train fasted in the morning, noticed as I got lower in bf I had less energy when training. Switched to fasting from 9pm on and having my first meal around 1pm, training at 5pm, energy levels are through the roof. Crazy how the body works..

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just to reiterate what everyone else has said OP, just try different things and see what works best for YOU.