F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rehab for healing partial meniscal tear ?

For almost 4 months now i have been having this nagging pain in the back of my right knee when bending it past 90 degrees/squatting paralell or lower.

In the meantime i have read up as much as i can, been to a PT and have made some forum threads elsewhere about it, currently pretty broke so no MRI yet but bottom line is 95% chance its damaged meniscus.

I couldnt recall a specific time when i did something but i did do quite a bit of deep ballistic squatting without proper footwear and i have maybe a small hip/leg strength imbalance which made the injury more likely to happen (more twisting/rotating under load)

Dont tell me to get an MRI because I WILL when i can.

The thing is, im just a bit unsure the best thing to be doing, im not sure if resting and not working my legs is a good idea. I was thinking with this kind of situation you want to be moving the joint around to keep it ''lubricated''

It has been about 4 months and pain has not really gotten worse, but it has definitely not gotten better either.

As far as healing something like this on your own, the best things i could think of are :

1. Never do sets lower than 10 reps with squatting movements
    2. controlling descent more on the squat , squatting with the hips, hit parallel. (shoulder/hip width stance)
    3. Leg curls with resistance band : just using a light band and repping out 50-100 reps at end of workout
    4. Strengthen hamstrings and calves

F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive noticed that the angle of my leg when flexed effects whether there is pain behind my knee .

When i put weight on my flexed leg up on a chair and externally rotate the leg the pain behind the knee diminishes

Part of this im pretty sure stems from not having my knees out enough when i squat .

I think the reason for the knees not coming out enough is more of a calf or foot problem. I have high-ish arches and my feet tend to underpronate. When i go into a squat and attempt to "show the crotch" i tend to roll onto the outsides of my feet.