Thread: Your thoughts..

Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Your thoughts..

After my last meet I started working with two new trainers. They've helped me a lot with mobility and I've even gotten to the point where I'm able to squat without sleeves without knee pain which is huge for me. My squats have really exploded and my bench I feel is on point. However, my deadlift is going backwards.

My heaviest gym pull was 590 and I was able to really grind out 606 at the meet. Since then, half of my programming is always "double-triple @ 545-575". I want to know how many people would actually agree with pulling 85-100% of your max for a double almost every single week. I usally always feel like garbage after each workout, yet he keeps telling me to "stick to the plan" or "you need to work on your grip". One trainer is completely on my side but the other is too thick headed to listen and thinks he's always right.

I want your thoughts on the subject.
    2014 USAPL Nationals
    611/380/563

Check out Mohlencamp Powerlifting on ********!

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it aint workin it aint workin. Only a jag bag would tell you to keep doing something that aint working. Unless you are just being a bitch and expecting too much too fast. You have to decide which is which.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mohlentank View Post
    After my last meet I started working with two new trainers. They've helped me a lot with mobility and I've even gotten to the point where I'm able to squat without sleeves without knee pain which is huge for me. My squats have really exploded and my bench I feel is on point. However, my deadlift is going backwards.

My heaviest gym pull was 590 and I was able to really grind out 606 at the meet. Since then, half of my programming is always "double-triple @ 545-575". I want to know how many people would actually agree with pulling 85-100% of your max for a double almost every single week. I usally always feel like garbage after each workout, yet he keeps telling me to "stick to the plan" or "you need to work on your grip". One trainer is completely on my side but the other is too thick headed to listen and thinks he's always right.

I want your thoughts on the subject.
    some of that would depend on how hard and how often you are working your squat and also on how high is the overall volume of the routine.

Also, how much deadlift volume are u doing? If you are doing lots of rep work AND working up to a hard double or triple then it could be too much, but if you are just working up and basically doing that one hard set then its probably no big deal depending on the rest of the program

another thing is deloading...do they have u doing any periodical deloads? If you are on a program where u deload every, say, 4th week, then its ok to push it and feel a little beat up during the 3 hard weeks becuase you have that easier 4th week to recover
    "Humility comes before honor"

Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by runtocatch View Post
    If it aint workin it aint workin. Only a jag bag would tell you to keep doing something that aint working. Unless you are just being a bitch and expecting too much too fast. You have to decide which is which.
    I figured the fact that I felt I was going backwards was a pretty key part. My expectation would be to be moving forward but now 545 feels like a goddamn truck.
    2014 USAPL Nationals
    611/380/563

Check out Mohlencamp Powerlifting on ********!