UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)

Post Just got out of rehab..

I just got out of intensive inpatient rehab yesterday, after a week of detoxing. Now in outpatient. I just wanted to share some things, in the hopes of motivating others.. Things I've learned. My life has never been sunshine and rainbows, as I'm sure many of you can relate. I grew up the fat kid, was always bullied, dealt with depression and anxiety all my life.. I got into highschool, took a positive step and played football and realized what I was really capable of. But.. at the same time started messing around with drugs. Which eventually led me to almost getting charged with a felony at 17, among a multitude of other charges. I quit football two games before we won state, due to drugs. After I barely graduated I couldn't hold a job due to the drugs, and my mental problems.. Not to mention a broken back. Drugs took my world over from age 17-22. Almost od'd multiple times. I've lost six friends along the way, five to overdose, one to suicide..

I've been battling this addiction on and off it seems like forever. The only real outlets I've had, is the gym and meditation.. The weights are where I could let it all go, and forget, where I didn't need drugs. I regret so much, because I know how much progress I could have made if I never used. But still, throughout all this, I pushed myself to go to the gym as much as I could and eat right. I think that's the only thing that's kept me holding on. I've thought of suicide many times. I thought I had it under control this past year, held a good job, stayed strict to my training and diet. I made 2 promotions at work, and a 2 raises in a year. Than I kept relapsing, and it just got worse.. So I decided it was time to check myself in and take control of my life for good.

I don't wanna sound depressing, but needed to vent. But.. I've learned that you cannot hold onto your past, or worry about the future. Live for the day. Like the saying goes, "If you've got one foot in the future, and one in the past, you're pissing all over today." Guys.. do not take your life for granted, or the gym, your goals, aspirations. It'll pass you by quick as hell. Take advantage of each day, and make it work for you. Be kind and humble, and give back. Do not hold on to regret, let it go, it'll eat you alive. Do the best you can each day in every aspect. Time is a valuable thing, and life is very short.

If you are passionate about the gym and this lifestyle, do not let anything stop you from pursuing it. I can literally say bodybuilding saved my life many times, and improved me not physically, but very much so mentally. I know now this is what I'm supposed to be doing with my life, and it's my passion. And I'm excited to see what I can do when I'm finally giving it my all. I plan to start school soon again, something I've been putting off. I am going to beat this addiction and these problems once and for all, and let this be a testament.

There are so many people out there that would kill to have the opportunities we all have, and we take for granted. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for those who would love to live this lifestyle, but can't.
    If anyone wants any advice or has questions, I'm happy to help. I've dealt with a lot of ****, from severe mental problems to drug addictions, and made it through. If I can, so can anyone else.

vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) vforgy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hells yeah keep doing the next right thing bro. Been clean for a year after battling addiction my whole life.