sexzenas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Did I strain my wrist or sprain it? help, lots of pain

So yesterday i was at the gym , this one guy asked me to spot him with incline dumbbells, so I gave him a countdown for 3 seconds and on 1 he was able to get the right up with my help since he was able to bring it up halfway, i pulled his arms up but on the left one , thinking that he would be able to get up halfway I pulled hard which then I heard a crack/pop noise from my wrist not sure which sound but it was a noise and it began to hurt , i tried to hold a 5lb but couldn't do that. Now it hurts a lot,I cant bend my wrist up,twisting it gives me lots of pain but NO SWELLING or BRUISING so that's weird and nothing misplaced or physically different about the wrist. Now its morning and its more stiff than ever with big amounts of pain.
    any help would be much appreciated

adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sexzenas View Post
    So yesterday i was at the gym , this one guy asked me to spot him with incline dumbbells, so I gave him a countdown for 3 seconds and on 1 he was able to get the right up with my help since he was able to bring it up halfway, i pulled his arms up but on the left one , thinking that he would be able to get up halfway I pulled hard which then I heard a crack/pop noise from my wrist not sure which sound but it was a noise and it began to hurt , i tried to hold a 5lb but couldn't do that. Now it hurts a lot,I cant bend my wrist up,twisting it gives me lots of pain but NO SWELLING or BRUISING so that's weird and nothing misplaced or physically different about the wrist. Now its morning and its more stiff than ever with big amounts of pain.
    any help would be much appreciated
    I have dealt with 2 wrist injuries since September. Both times I was cleaning a bar for a shoulder press and injured it. I was stupid with the first one. Tried to train through it and only ended up hurting my recovery. In fact it is still not 100%. If I ever lift heavy it is extremely sore after. Just last Friday I injured my left wrist cleaning a bar also (I guess my form sucks). It is now almost better but not ready to lift yet. My advice to you is this:

1. Ice it for 20 minutes, twice a day (reduces swelling)
    2. Get a tensor and imobalize it.
    3. DO NOT LIFT!! (I know it sucks, trust me no one is dying more than me. I wouldn't even do legs because you would be holding a bar for squats or deadlifts and probably holding tight onto the side handles on the leg press)

Cardio may be an option but I found swinging my arms when running did not help it. Just watch your calories and you'll be fine. It sounds very similar to mine because mine also hurts the most when I twist it. Give it about two weeks. Good luck.

sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sammas22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have sprained my wrist plenty of times and the best advice i can give you is to not use that wrist at all and if you do use your wrist don't do anything that hurts. try to get a brace and after every few hours take your hand out and slightly move it and also ice it. it will take 3-6 weeks to heal.
    Bustin my ass at da gym errday.