Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stomach cramps/pains - Too Much Protein?

I recently upped my intake of protein since I wasn't able to eat enough throughout the day to hit the number needed. I purchased a new protein powder (Inner-Armour's Muscle-Peak). Two scoops has 50g of protein. That's the most grams of protein per two scoops, in a 5lb tub that I've been able to find. It was on sale for 38 dollars, so I bought a couple tubs.

I've been taking this protein powder the last 4 days, and drink two shakes a day to go with my daily intake of food to hit my 165 mark for protein a day. Honestly, I was struggling to eat enough throughout the day to hit 160g of protein, even with gainer shakes and high protein foods. I'm still new to my life change and working out, and learning how to eat properly.

In the last two days I've started to get bad cramps. Lots of gas and stomach cramps. The reason why I'm here asking this question is because last night I had severe stomach cramps and almost passed out in pain. It felt like gas was trying to move through, but couldn't. It put me in a fetal position, and I was curled up in the bathroom in agonizing pain from the cramps. It lasted for about 15 minutes, then wen't away. My stomach is really sensitive still, and feel little cramps when I take this new protein shake.

Is my recent uptake in this amount of protein causing my stomach cramps? The only other supplements I take is, PWO Neurocore (stacked with Hemavol - though I should mention I never had cramps for months while taking the PWO stacked), Beast Creature (roughly 5g a day) a multi vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin B-12. As I write this, I feel my stomach is starting to cramp again. I drank the protein shake 45 minutes ago, and my PWO drink 15 minutes ago. It's bubbling and having mild cramping pains.

I'm really trying to listen to my body and narrow down what could be causing the cramps. I appreciate your input and advice, and if anyone has had cramp issues and recommends a solution, I'd be very grateful. Sorry for the winded post...

Cheers.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you haven't changed you diet outside of adding that protein, it's probably teh protein. Digestive issues are not that uncommon if you suddenly increase protein consumption by a lot, or your protein source is low quality. Either look in to a digestive aid (Genomyx Gut Health), probiotics, or an isolate protein.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdm9499 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    If you haven't changed you diet outside of adding that protein, it's probably teh protein. Digestive issues are not that uncommon if you suddenly increase protein consumption by a lot, or your protein source is low quality. Either look in to a digestive aid (Genomyx Gut Health), probiotics, or an isolate protein.
    Thanks rhadam. This is a sudden increase in protein for me, yes. I'm not sure how to recognize if the protein is "low quality". Any advice on to I can recognize that? The brand I recently started taking is "Inner Amour Muscle Peak." Thanks for your advice, I'll look into Genomyx Gut Health.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My recommendation would be to try a different brand, like Gaspari, iForce, VPX, XF, SAN, or any of the other big names on these forums. If you still get gastric distress then we either have a lactose issue, or something that probiotics/gut health may fix. You could also try to ingest less servings at one time, spread it out over the day more. That may help your stomach.
    Psych & handcuffs

My recommendation would be to try a different brand, like Gaspari, iForce, VPX, XF, SAN, or any of the other big names on these forums. If you still get gastric distress then we either have a lactose issue, or something that probiotics/gut health may fix. You could also try to ingest less servings at one time, spread it out over the day more. That may help your stomach.
    I am lactose intolerant. Damn, I forgot to mention that in the original post. This is probably a significant problem. I have lactaid pills, and will take two with my next shake and see how that goes. If the problem still persists, I'll try a probiotic/gut health and switch brands. Thanks for raising the lactose issue. I completely forgot about that. Complete brain fart on my part...

Originally Posted by Jdm9499 View Post
    I am lactose intolerant. Damn, I forgot to mention that in the original post. This is probably a significant problem. I have lactaid pills, and will take two with my next shake and see how that goes. If the problem still persists, I'll try a probiotic/gut health and switch brands. Thanks for raising the lactose issue. I completely forgot about that. Complete brain fart on my part...
    LOL ya that would have helped. Considering WPC is a cheese byproduct...
    Look in to an isolate protein, it's a bit more expensive but should alleviate your GI issues. IntraPro from Gaspari is my recommendation.
    Psych & handcuffs

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL ya that would have helped. Considering WPC is a cheese byproduct...
    Look in to an isolate protein, it's a bit more expensive but should alleviate your GI issues. IntraPro from Gaspari is my recommendation.
    SAN makes a pure isolate:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sa...e-supreme.html

I've also had Allmax Isoflex which I've enjoyed a lot. Their Peanut Butter Chocolate flavor is simply amazing.