WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stopped working out, and now can't get back into it

I was easily a 9/10 or 10/10 in motivation when I was working out before, now I am a 1/10 and I don't know how to get back into it. Don't get me wrong I know I'm not the strongest or most athletic guy in the world, but I was seeing a lot of progress and it felt great. Now I feel really weak again and scrawny. How do I get the mentality to basically start all over again? I really need some advice.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time, but a dream.

TheSway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    I was easily a 9/10 or 10/10 in motivation when I was working out before, now I am a 1/10 and I don't know how to get back into it. Don't get me wrong I know I'm not the strongest or most athletic guy in the world, but I was seeing a lot of progress and it felt great. Now I feel really weak again and scrawny. How do I get the mentality to basically start all over again? I really need some advice.
    Motivation comes from within. Inspiration can come form anyone but motivation is all on you. try witching your routine up and see if that helps. you need to ask yourself how bad do you really want then get after it. i like to think working out is 80% mental 20% physical. good luck keep your head up and get after it

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just do it my friend. Once that first trip back to the gym is under your belt the following trips will be nothing.
    Personally I find that getting DOMS after a good workout is motivating.

Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Change gyms or change routine. Get a training partner who will push you to train.

I have been in this situation before and it is very tough to get out of. Watching Pumping Iron on YouTube or reading Arnies books always helps me.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fairfax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had to take breaks for several months before. I found a good way of getting back into it was to research some new types of routines until I found something that seemed interesting and kinda got me excited to try. Even if I didn't like it much in the end, it didn't matter because that would be a few weeks or months later and I'd be back in the groove like I'd never been out of it.

skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just do it brah you gotta start somewhere

WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I've had to take breaks for several months before. I found a good way of getting back into it was to research some new types of routines until I found something that seemed interesting and kinda got me excited to try. Even if I didn't like it much in the end, it didn't matter because that would be a few weeks or months later and I'd be back in the groove like I'd never been out of it.
    Good point... I think I just got tired of SS

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You were never 10/10 motivation.

A 10/10 can't really ever go to a 0/10, as the simple fact that you remember you were once 10/10 would automatically bring you back to a 6/10 at least. True story.

You list the reasons and the targets/achievements briefly, and you yourself know how things went down, so I'm not sure what to tell you, nobody can force you to go, you have to make the decision to do it. As you become more and more a regular face, you will make new friends there and that should help too.

Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    currently feel a little like this, but no where near breaking point (had a cheatmeal this weekend even though im bulking.. don't like to use that as an excuse), just keep going to the gym dude and watched some motivational videos they always get me out of the sht (srs)

joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyceee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yoo take a jar put money into it or something else u desire makr a goal n dont touch it until your goals achieved
    . If u really want it bad sleep on the floor until u reach ur goal n it will motivate u to not stop

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You have to crawl before you walk. I have a friend who hasnt been in over 18 months after going 5x a week for a year+. You just have to get in there for that first time and make it happen. Motivation and words of encouragement can only go so far, at some point its all on the person that lifts.
    Ohio State Crew
    Cavs
    Indians
    Browns
    DSM Crew

Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You've conditioned your mind to need motivation to make yourself emotionally believe you want to do it. You say can't but you mean won't. Are your limbs capable of of transporting you to the gym; are they still capable of moving weight?

You ===== Motivation ===== The gym

Do you really believe in this transit system? Do you really work like a transportation system or can you simply control yourself, mind and whole being without delaying with thoughts or considerations and just walk your ass in there?

Are you still here?

/smack

ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Livestock View Post
    You've conditioned your mind to need motivation to make yourself emotionally believe you want to do it. You say can't but you mean won't. Are your limbs capable of of transporting you to the gym; are they still capable of moving weight?

You ===== Motivation ===== The gym

Do you really believe in this transit system? Do you really work like a transportation system or can you simply control yourself, mind and whole being without delaying with thoughts or considerations and just walk your ass in there?

Are you still here?

/smack

There is a lot more to it than walking into the gym. Its like a switch that needs to be turned on in the brain...something between having the energy and the desire, if those aren't there then it is just hard to do. That is where it is much easier with a workout buddy. They can push eachother when the other loses motivation. It is harder to stop when you will be letting down someone else beside your own self.
    -----JMR-----

Originally Posted by PervedOut View Post
    You have to crawl before you walk. I have a friend who hasnt been in over 18 months after going 5x a week for a year+. You just have to get in there for that first time and make it happen. Motivation and words of encouragement can only go so far, at some point its all on the person that lifts.
    Good point. I do have the motivation to go to the gym and workout. My problem is being motivated enough to finish my sets. In the past I would finish my workout and be happy to see the progress I made. Now when I go to the gym I see myself lifting less and its disspointing.

switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) switch87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pretty much you just have to get up and go, then you will feel motivated again. Sometimes I just want to quit too, but I take my Pre workout and that gets me going, then when I get there I feel great, and after lifting I want to go back in.

Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Livestock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ja3r3dr View Post
    There is a lot more to it than walking into the gym. Its like a switch that needs to be turned on in the brain...something between having the energy and the desire, if those aren't there then it is just hard to do. That is where it is much easier with a workout buddy. They can push eachother when the other loses motivation. It is harder to stop when you will be letting down someone else beside your own self.
    I am no machine. I will it and it is as such.

mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know the feeling here too! I had to have a only a couple of weeks off due to being ill, then I've been eating a little off too so I'm feeling completely deflated and at a loss of direction. I think I'm going to sit down look at a few simple HIIT type of workouts just to get that feeling of my heart rate gettin up there and as its HIIT I know I won't be disappointed cuz it will be 30 min or so. And also I'm going to set myself a day and stick with that day to start ie Monday as its the stat of the week and start of my new training.
    Hope this helped mate!
    Life is like a fight! If you train hard, it makes the fight easier!

T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    Training Partner around same size and compete or I been working out with a training partner recently that was above me slightly in strength and now i have started passing him up, you gotta love that part . . . Keeps you motivated

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nike has the most accurate slogan "just do it". I've felt like that before, not wanting to go lift but I MAKE myself and I never regret it. Its kinda like mowing the lawn, you hate doing it and once you're done its like "heh, this looks pretty nice".
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500) fofotototete is not very helpful. (-500)

baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man, I know what you are talking about. Around the end of 2010 I started getting in the gym and was hitting it when I was there. Then stuff got in the way and I slowly started being less and less motivated to go. I would show my face there maybe once a week on a good week, just to make myself think I was still going. In October I took a look at where I was and where I wanted to be. I didn't want to be that out of shape guy anymore and flipped the switch. I completely changed the way I was eating, devoting time to reach my goals and I want to get in the gym. It is actually the best part of my day and I look forward to it from the time I wake up. People have noticed the change in me and the positive comments make me want to work that much harder.

In all honesty, your time spent in the gym is not going to amount to anything except going through the motions until you decide what you want to do. I've been there. I think it is only natural to feel like you are getting burned out at some point. Just regroup, refocus and get your butt back to it.