Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

what are the best exercises for loose skin around the stomach

as im dropping weight my stomach is starting to hang and it feels like there is pretty much nothing but skin. im getting the vibe its not gonna bouce back. i wasnt that fat but i put it on really quick and probably messed up my skin, i got hit pretty hard with stretch marks too. are there any exercises that are good to tone up the loose skin? how much abs do you think i should do. i ahvnt been doing much just like 3 sets of crunch pushup supersets.

jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonaire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unfortunately they are is no exercise that will help with loose skin. there are creams and ointments that claim to help but i cannot guarantee or recommend any as i have not tried them. The only known solution is surgery which i dont think is needed except you have a loooooot of loose skin. Another thing to realise is that the more muscle you build and fill out your frame, the less conspicuous any loose skin you have will appear. As for training abs 3 times a week will do the trick. there are a variety of workouts/exercises to do but you dont need more than 15-20mins a session to work your abs effectively.

mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jonaire View Post
    Unfortunately they are is no exercise that will help with loose skin. there are creams and ointments that claim to help but i cannot guarantee or recommend any as i have not tried them. The only known solution is surgery which i dont think is needed except you have a loooooot of loose skin. Another thing to realise is that the more muscle you build and fill out your frame, the less conspicuous any loose skin you have will appear. As for training abs 3 times a week will do the trick. there are a variety of workouts/exercises to do but you dont need more than 15-20mins a session to work your abs effectively.
    Sounds like I might as well just give up since its just gonna look wOrse anyways. i wasn't even that fat either, I guess my genetics and skin just suck. I should prob stop losing weight and working out before it gets worse

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mrdelvecio View Post
    Sounds like I might as well just give up since its just gonna look wOrse anyways. i wasn't even that fat either, I guess my genetics and skin just suck. I should prob stop losing weight and working out before it gets worse
    Can I stop you right there just a sec? Your skin isn't going to stay that way forever. Your body is constantly adapting to the changes you make in yourself. Finish up your cut by getting to whatever goal you had, then proceed however you had planned. Your skin is very elastic, which is how fatties manage to add tens or hundreds of pounds without ripping open their skin. If it stay stretched for a while, it becomes kind of "stuck" at that size when you lose weight. Your body will eventually figure out it doesn't need the loose skin there and reel it back in. Don't let it deter you from hitting your goals.

Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ra1k1r1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's a ridiculous attitude to have. Skin is an organ, it takes time to repair itself.

The best you can do to help it is stay hydrated, exfoliate and use something like cocoa butter to keep it moisturised. And of course fill it up with muscle after you've lost the fat.

Are there any lotions that help the skin bounce back or whatever? might as well try whatever I can

RLB31384
    Are there any lotions that help the skin bounce back or whatever? might as well try whatever I can
    Are you sure you are going to have much skin? You're very tall..you're skin should be pretty elastic as well. I've dropped 30 pounds so far and still have fat on stomach but no signs of loose skin yet. I may drop to 40 and then bulk... I'd say do the same..drop 40 and see how its looking. I don't think you should have too much of a problem..I carry almost all my fat in my stomach as well..

RLB31384
    Oh sorry, I missed part of your post..I guess you already have skin? Post pics? stretch marks should go away..but it takes time...maybe just take it slower..stretch marks will fade pretty good...I had some on my legs when I gained weight. If nothing else..get the skin cut off after you are done..expensive but worth it to be healthy.

BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSpel55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In humans, it takes about 27 days for the entire outer layer of the skin to be shed and replaced completely; that works out roughly to 1.5 pounds of skin cells per year (I emphasize "roughly" because these calculations are difficult and subject to some uncertainty).

Therefore, I'd say give it a few months and your skin will realize it no longer needs the extra elasticity and will replace itself with, for lack of a better term, "proper-fitting" skin.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The leaner you get and the longer you stay lean - the better the loose skin will get. The former 'veryfats' will likely never have no saggy skin, especially if they cut at a later age, but for a guy in his 20s the world ain't over. It's been about 2 years since I trimmed the chub. The longer I've been lean, the tighter that skin has become.

Originally Posted by RLB31384 View Post
    Are you sure you are going to have much skin? You're very tall..you're skin should be pretty elastic as well. I've dropped 30 pounds so far and still have fat on stomach but no signs of loose skin yet. I may drop to 40 and then bulk... I'd say do the same..drop 40 and see how its looking. I don't think you should have too much of a problem..I carry almost all my fat in my stomach as well..
    It's not bad yet it just like fat right now but around the sides of my stomach it is starting to droop like a small role and it feels like there isn't much fat there, there def is some though. I'm just worried because I put it on fast a long time ago and there are a lot of stretch marks around my stomach, especially the sides. So I'm worried the skin is damaged and won't be able to bounce back.

Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    The leaner you get and the longer you stay lean - the better the loose skin will get. The former 'veryfats' will likely never have no saggy skin, especially if they cut at a later age, but for a guy in his 20s the world ain't over. It's been about 2 years since I trimmed the chub. The longer I've been lean, the tighter that skin has become.
    Did you do or put anything on your skin to help it? Shoukd I do Abs with weight and more resistance to add more mass around the midsection instead of just crunches?

DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000)
    At your weight, I'd bet that it's fat and not loose-skin (unless you're already low bf). If you do wind up with loose skin, the only two things that can make it better are time and surgery.

Originally Posted by DAames View Post
    At your weight, I'd bet that it's fat and not loose-skin (unless you're already low bf). If you do wind up with loose skin, the only two things that can make it better are time and surgery.
    What about muscle around the midsection?

scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah apparently it takes 6-8 weeks maintained at a low body fat for loose skin to catch up. I'm sure it varies though.

Some people drop low, maintain low body fats then fill it with a bit more muscle. More muscle will help to tighten it - don't get disheartened

Originally Posted by scotchchris View Post
    Yeah apparently it takes 6-8 weeks maintained at a low body fat for loose skin to catch up. I'm sure it varies though.

Some people drop low, maintain low body fats then fill it with a bit more muscle. More muscle will help to tighten it - don't get disheartened
    My weights been up and down between 260and 245 do you think my skin never caught up because my weight was all over the place? This is the most consistent I've been so maybe it will catch up a little now. On the sides it just feels like its hanging with not much fat. I guess once I hit about 230lbs I'll start trying to put on some muscle

Whatever **** it. I quit hard to motivate myself to workout when I'll prob just look like some saggy skinned freak. If rather be fat. Ive been busting my ass and eating food I hate and working out almost everyday and I'll prob just end up looking worse. It's not worth it. I prob have gyno too, I'll just look like ****.

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whatever **** it. I quit hard to motivate myself to workout when I'll prob just look like some saggy skinned freak. If rather be fat. Ive been busting my ass and eating food I hate and working out almost everyday and I'll prob just end up looking worse. It's not worth it. I prob have gyno too, I'll just look like ****.
    That's depression talking... You can't see into the future. Been there man.

1. Keep working out. This is a lifetime commitment. Don't turn into (or continue being) the guy who wishes he did something this important years ago. It's only going to get harder if you wait. I'm in that boat myself. I'd give anything to be 13 again when I started putting on my weight. In the end, I can't be. I'm 25 and only getting older. It's time to take control so when I'm 27, 8, 9, 30, etc... I'm not wishing I did it when I was 25.

2. You don't need to eat food you hate. Create your macro counts from the stickies and fill up those macros with whatever the **** you want... I've been there too. A big reason why I've failed in the past. Eating **** like total cereal (gag), fish, etc... that I hate because I thought they were "healthy." Even after I read IIFYM on here I still didn't believe it... Cutting and eating ice cream, macdo, etc..?. Impossible. Yet, here I am, almost 2 months into IIFYM and have lost consistent weight, getting my macros in, and eating whatever I enjoy. It's been easier than any "diet" I've ever been on (IF is awesome as **** too). Another one of those "if I knew then, what I know now..." kind of things.

Keep going bro. dedicate yourself everyday, one day at a time. You'll never regret a decision like that.

Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had same thoughts before and even though your skin might not look right now, it could in the future. I think that working out your back and chest could help to level up you skin (I'm trying to do that). My goal is to make them grow until my skin gets somewhere close to normal or at least distracts others sight from my stomach XD. Abs can grow too I think, hitting them at all sides (upper, lower and sides) along with your lower back might help too. Staying hydrated, and using skin care products might get the result better. Just remember that ranting or giving up doesn't solve anything... if you go that way chances are that your skin stays the same and as you grow old it can get even worse.

I know it's a desperate feeling (seriously)... but it's better to keep being healthy, skin may be something cosmetic but your life's not. Being fat is not the way to go.
    Check out this guys bodyspaces: ShrugginThug and AwsumO . Also this thread forum.bodybuilding. com/showthread.php?t=133462783&page=1

Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
    I had same thoughts before and even though your skin might not look right now, it could in the future. I think that working out your back and chest could help to level up you skin (I'm trying to do that). My goal is to make them grow until my skin gets somewhere close to normal or at least distracts others sight from my stomach XD. Abs can grow too I think, hitting them at all sides (upper, lower and sides) along with your lower back might help too. Staying hydrated, and using skin care products might get the result better. Just remember that ranting or giving up doesn't solve anything... if you go that way chances are that your skin stays the same and as you grow old it can get even worse.

I know it's a desperate feeling (seriously)... but it's better to keep being healthy, skin may be something cosmetic but your life's not. Being fat is not the way to go.
    Check out this guys bodyspaces: ShrugginThug and AwsumO . Also this thread forum.bodybuilding. com/showthread.php?t=133462783&page=1

Im worried that because my stomach is completely covered with stretch marks that my skin can't bounce back. That's what Ive been reading. All the people's who's skin tightened up didn't have stretch marks

RLB31384
    [QUOTE=mrdelvecio;869903961]Im worried that because my stomach is completely covered with stretch marks that my skin can't bounce back. That's what Ive been reading. All the people's who's skin tightened up didn't have stretch marks[/QUOTE

For hiding the marks..try spray tan... or the tanning lotion.. It does help... I still have some on my legs from 8 years ago but they are barely noticeable.

As for loose skin..don't give up hope..if nothing else save some money and get surgery..but its going to be awhile before you get to that point anyways right? Its not about just looking better, its about feeling better...and you will. And being more healthy. You want to live longer?

I haven't done a lot of research on it...but there ARE options... too poor to get surgery if you have to? Some places do payment plans..or goto another country and have it done a lot cheaper...make sure its a good doctor of course..but its about changing yourself..doing WHATEVER you have to get there...if you got a few obstacles so what. Work towards something you can be proud of...cut back on things you dont need..do more research..post pics here for help. And if all else fails..get surgery. It is worth it.

[quote=rlb31384;869911391]
    im worried that because my stomach is completely covered with stretch marks that my skin can't bounce back. That's what ive been reading. All the people's who's skin tightened up didn't have stretch marks[/quote

for hiding the marks..try spray tan... Or the tanning lotion.. It does help... I still have some on my legs from 8 years ago but they are barely noticeable.

As for loose skin..don't give up hope..if nothing else save some money and get surgery..but its going to be awhile before you get to that point anyways right? Its not about just looking better, its about feeling better...and you will. And being more healthy. You want to live longer?

I haven't done a lot of research on it...but there are options... Too poor to get surgery if you have to? Some places do payment plans..or goto another country and have it done a lot cheaper...make sure its a good doctor of course..but its about changing yourself..doing whatever you have to get there...if you got a few obstacles so what. Work towards something you can be proud of...cut back on things you dont need..do more research..post pics here for help. And if all else fails..get surgery. It is worth it.
    here are some pics so you guys know what im looking at. its weird how it folds on one side of my stomach i cant tell if that side has less or more fat. its been like that for a long time but my waist has recently gotten a lot smaller. i didnt notice until i had to go like 3 notches tighter on my belt
    Attached Images

RLB31384
    [QUOTE=mrdelvecio;869923241]
    Originally Posted by rlb31384 View Post

here are some pics so you guys know what im looking at. its weird how it folds on one side of my stomach i cant tell if that side has less or more fat. its been like that for a long time but my waist has recently gotten a lot smaller. i didnt notice until i had to go like 3 notches tighter on my belt
    Well all I can tell ya...it doesn't look like you have a thing to worry about..I dont even see any stretch marks? If you have loose skin..and I don't think so..then like I said..worry about it when you get there if its not tightening up..I really dont think you will have much problem..but keep at it and see.

[QUOTE=RLB31384;869925901]

Well all I can tell ya...it doesn't look like you have a thing to worry about..I dont even see any stretch marks? If you have loose skin..and I don't think so..then like I said..worry about it when you get there if its not tightening up..I really dont think you will have much problem..but keep at it and see.
    im covered in stretch marks around my whole stomach. ive just been fat so long that they blend in hahha the skin has to atleast bounce back a little bit right?

RLB31384
    [QUOTE=mrdelvecio;869929691]
    Originally Posted by RLB31384 View Post

im covered in stretch marks around my whole stomach. ive just been fat so long that they blend in hahha the skin has to atleast bounce back a little bit right?
    I'm sure it will, I have no problems with my legs..keep at it and in 10 pounds evaluate and compare. They make things that are suppose to help..if they work or not I have no idea. But im sure you can find reviews.

poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) poytress11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    THISx2 I have now lost a total of 90lbs in about two and a half years and i still have a little loose skin on my belly but it seemed to slowly get less and less so don't fret things will get better for you just focus on your goals and let your body do the rest. I also got terrible embarrassing stretch marks but that's life they turn white eventually and become way less noticeable I covered most of my body with tattoos so they hide them too lol

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your almost there, i was twice ur sz...do wieghted ab work, fill in the abs w muscles.
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=mrdelvecio;869923241]
    Originally Posted by rlb31384 View Post

Dude... wish I had your skin XD don't worry if you do things right you won't have any problem.

MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewNYC80 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read this... you can get rid of the loose skin. It will be hard work though

www bodyfatguide com / LooseSkin htm

Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    your almost there, i was twice ur sz...do wieghted ab work, fill in the abs w muscles.
    thanks man. i was never really thought i was that fat, it just seems like my skin is dead and just feels empty and different than my other skin but i guess when it is filled with fat its heavier so it feels different. what would be some good weighted ab work to do? thats kind of what i was thinking too. i figured filling it in would be the best way to go