Brit101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brit101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Would 1000 extra calories a day cause too much fat gain?

I recently went on a bulking diet and have been listening to the advice of a guy on the forums. I started eating an extra 500 calories a day to try and gain weight but after I month the scales haven`t budged so I`ve added an extra 1000 calories. So I`m now consuming an extra 1500 calories from what I used to eat. This is along with a lot of protein, hard workout every day and 1 hard cardio session a week. I thought this was pretty good but I heard that your body only really needs 300 extra calories a day and the rest turns into fat. I don`t believe this but wanted to ask you guys. I now take in around 4000 calories a day. I am 6"2, 16 and 150 lbs but with only 6% bodyfat
    Reps for best answer

I am eating only healthy foods, no junk food if that helps at all

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you didnt gain weight before, you were eating below maintenance so you can't add those calories to your "extra". after adding the second 500 calories, you are AT most eating 500 over maintenance now, not 1000.

wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you weren't gaining weight then either 1) your activity level was too high or 2) you weren't eating enough (or your numbers were off). If I were you I would indulge in "junk" foods so that you can get some extra calories in your diet which will aid you in gaining weight. I would aim to gain ~1lb/week so as to limit your fat gain as much as possible while still experiencing visible improvement. Do that for about 3-6 months or until you feel that you've gained a satisfying amount of mass.

oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Brit101 View Post
    I recently went on a bulking diet and have been listening to the advice of a guy on the forums. I started eating an extra 500 calories a day to try and gain weight but after I month the scales haven`t budged so I`ve added an extra 1000 calories. So I`m now consuming an extra 1500 calories from what I used to eat. This is along with a lot of protein, hard workout every day and 1 hard cardio session a week. I thought this was pretty good but I heard that your body only really needs 300 extra calories a day and the rest turns into fat. I don`t believe this but wanted to ask you guys. I now take in around 4000 calories a day. I am 6"2, 16 and 150 lbs but with only 6% bodyfat
    Reps for best answer

if you are not gaining weight something is off. 4,000 cals a day you should be gaining weight, even if it is just water weight. either, you are underestimating your calorie intake or you are way way too active. I mean there maybe a simple explanation as to your metobolism has somewhat adjusted to high calories, however, it means you are using the majority. what is your daily routine and workout plan?

oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldsmobile93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by oldsmobile93 View Post
    if you are not gaining weight something is off. 4,000 cals a day you should be gaining weight, even if it is just water weight. either, you are underestimating your calorie intake or you are way way too active. I mean there maybe a simple explanation as to your metobolism has somewhat adjusted to high calories, however, it means you are using the majority. what is your daily routine and workout plan?
    unless your positive or remotely positive that you are eating the same amount everyday, then it is your activity plain and simple. if your eating 4000 today and 1,500 tom this is YO-YO- dieting this will not make your weight go up, but may decrease muscle mass thus fat gain at same body weight. My advice to you is write down the calories you eat every meal, if not already doing so. calculating calories is the only efficient method to maintaing a specific weight and body fat, other wise naturally with life it will change. (social events, eating various foods etc).

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At 1000 calorie surplus make sure to gradually add those cals to your diet, over lets say 4 weeks. So 250 above 1st week, 500 second and so on. This should help minimize fat storage.
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brit101 View Post
    Reps for best answer

How long have you been eating 4k calories/day? Have you gained weight since you started eating this much? If you're gaining too quick then maybe you need to cut back, if you're gaining 1/2lb to 1lb a week I say stay at that calorie level.

4k Calories a day is very feasible and commonplace among active teens I would imagine, you're growing and moving around a lot so you need the fuel.
    Part of the not eating like a retard crew (NELARC).

My lifting/notable eats log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137551483
    2/3/2013
    Final weigh in for contest 4/30/2013