House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg press form (arms)

So I have been lifting about 3 and a half months. The first month I really just went in and did what i could, but some guy at the gym has been helping me with my form the last 2 and a half months and given me motivation to continue. I seem to be doing good on my form for the exercises he has me doing except leg press. The funny part is it has nothing to do with my legs, but rather my arms and anchoring them correctly to the leg press machine. I really don't know why I cannot get this. I was doing 12 plates for 5-7 reps fine, but noticed that my lower back was agravting me. My friend said that I have not been anchoring my arms correctly. We really only started trying to correct this the last 3 times I have done legs because that was when I started doing 10 and 12 plates. Any ideas on how I can make myself understand this? I have looked on youtube and through this forum with no success. Everything talks about how much weight they can do or how they are doing something wrong with their legs and nothing to do with the arms. Thanks in advance.

Also my weight is 218 I haven't weighed 265 since a year ago. Dunno why it hasn't updated.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    If you're seeking help on a 'form' issue, the only way to get meaningful advice is to post a vid of you performing the exercise in question, using your usual heavy weight. I'm puzzled that someone in-person is unable to help with whatever your issue might be.

Past that, I have no idea what to tell you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    An important thing to remember is not every exercise is necessarily "one size fits all" and this is especially important when something is not working with your body and/or actually causing pain/discomfort, as you expressed. Don't force yourself to do things like this, even if you hear someone at the gym say how great an exercise it is or that it's something you need to do. Try different things and find something that does work for you. If the leg press isn't working out for you then try squats or any number of other exercises which does.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where do you keep the arms right now? Most leg presses have handles to grasp while performing the movement.

Also, the lower back coming off the seat has more to do with excessive resistance than form.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) House86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I keep my arms on the grips but he said my arms have to be locked in and when I lock them my arms are not straight like he said they should be. He said that if i lock my amrs correctly it will distribute the weight to where I will be able to do more and do it comfortable. I dunno tbh, I know a video would be helpful ,but I was just seeing what kind of responses I would get. I appreciate the responses so far. I will try to look more into this. I will take a picture of the press tonight when I go an upload it when I get back.

It just doesn't feel right when I straighten my arms out the machine is unusual from others I have seen as well.
    Last edited by House86; 04-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.