Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Gotta disagree that 1 pushups = over half of your body weight, no way, cause I could not rep out 95lbs for as many pushups as I can do. Gotta remember pushups are not a free weight exercise either so you're not using stabilizers, it's more like a partial machine chest press. I did that 100 pushups challenge, was great, kinda interfered with my benching since in like 2 wks they had me doing my max amount of pushups for several sets. It was kinda cardio-ish but you do get better at pushups.
    Huh! True! I never thought of it like that! I stand corrected! Or more like- you are pushing that much weight, it's just easier because of the movement, like cheest press machine is easier than bench press.
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    This is why I want to grow up to be like Swooshie. I mean really.
    Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Me too. I wanna grow up like her, too!
    Huh??? Me???

Awesome Costco haul! All kinds of things you never knew you needed at Costco ... in packs of 2,000
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Awww, such a cute puppy!!! I just wanna cuddle her to death!

Wow, you cleaned up at Cost-so! Awesome stuff I wanna go now lol! I'd get a membership- but then my bank account really wouldn't be happy

Nice workout! I found it very hard to increase my push-ups- just keep working on them- you'll master them in time

Alcohol messes with my lifting days on occasion, so I usually make sure to drink a big glass of water before bed after having a drink- I find it helps!!! I wouldn't fret though- everyone has weaker days/lifts here and there!

I think throwing in core in-between the days would be ok- at least in the beginning. I'm totally against doing core the day before a workout which uses your core though once you start lifting really heavy-Then I'd replace you're other 2 lifting days with cardio, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for now! I really want some d.b's too I miss them a LOT.
    Hm, what kind of cardio can I do during the winter? Looks like I am going to be investing in some hard core winter gear!

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    I agree with everything Lori said. especially regarding pushups and adding core to SS. Eventually those SS lift days will be so hard, you will want a day to do nothing.

For pushups, its floated around that a BW pushup is around a 0.6xBW BB bench press. I find them really hard, and regress really quickly if I don't do them regularly.

And I'm so jealous that you are getting a cage!
    Is SS a program that I will need barbells for, or are dumbbells adequate?

^^^!!!! Did you ever do a push-up with your hands on a scale!? I did, and I was pushing 80lbs when I was 120! Which is about ~0.658% of your bw So you're actually pushing about 102lbs Which is pretty darn good!
    I am going to try this for kicks.

Originally Posted by PunkyCindy View Post
    I wanted to drop in and say thank you for the encouragement....you are awesome!

As for SS those off days are heaven and very much needed. I'd think cardio would be good on the off days though.
    ((((((((((Cindy)))))))))))))

You have been SUCH an inspiration to me ever since I started.

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    OMG! Could that pup get any cuter??? I don't think so!

Push up are tough, you are doing great. I still don't do them as often as I should. Um, maybe once a month I've heard of the 100 challenge, but not really sure what it's all about. Do tell...
    I bet she could, but then she'd be lethal.

DAWWW love dat pup, those ears got me heehee. How did they not push the AMEX on you guys when you signed up for a Costco membership?? That's like their whole thing lol, I think they only take cash otherwise. I had to open a whole separate card for them so I use that one for Costco and all gas purchases since it's 3% cash back, never use it elsewhere cause it's only 1% I think, so I switch off to the other card for everything else. Nice haul, I love those giant carts, although it is sooo tempting to run over old people and children who are blocking my path to the rotiserrie chicken.

I know a lot of people have trouble with pushups in general, but you're doing some bw ones so you're on the right path. Gotta disagree that 1 pushups = over half of your body weight, no way, cause I could not rep out 95lbs for as many pushups as I can do. Gotta remember pushups are not a free weight exercise either so you're not using stabilizers, it's more like a partial machine chest press. I did that 100 pushups challenge, was great, kinda interfered with my benching since in like 2 wks they had me doing my max amount of pushups for several sets. It was kinda cardio-ish but you do get better at pushups.

For SS I would mix in cardio only like PC said if you want to do something, you will want the rest days after like the first week lol.
    Huh! True! I never thought of it like that! I stand corrected! Or more like- you are pushing that much weight, it's just easier because of the movement, like cheest press machine is easier than bench press.
    They did talk a lot about AmEx, but I thought it was like every other store that pushes their card. Plus her accent was a little difficult to decipher, so she probably told us that they didn't take any other credit cards. In addition, I was distracted with trying to keep a wide-eyed honey from wandering off into Costo-never-never-land never to be found again.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I didn't even think about the fact that it's not ONLY the arms/chest; push ups are core, too. Like planks on crack. And you all know how much I adore planks.

Oh those ears!! How cute is that puppy!!
    We don't have Costco here, just Sam's and I say it is at least $100 every time I go.
    I wasn't making much progress with push up either so I switched to benching. I don't know if will help later I just got tired of not really getting anywhere.
    Her ears have a life of their own.

The $100+ visits is why I have held off for so long. So far I have heard all about how much $ we've saved from honey. He's in his happy place there.

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Huh??? Me???

Awesome Costco haul! All kinds of things you never knew you needed at Costco ... in packs of 2,000
    Doh! I just saw your tag line. Never mind. I want to have a body that's at an equivalent hotness as Swoosh's. Better? lulz
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Legs

Lunges - one leg on chair (each leg)
    Forgot to transfer this to today's list of workouts to do and didn't do them.

Squats
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

DLs
    52 x 8
    52 x 8
    52 x 8

Leg Press (each leg)
    40 x 8
    50 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 8

Band-around-ankles side step with calf raises
    Gray band across the room and back x 3 times

swiss ball ham curl
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Squats are strange to me. I am working on my form, and it doesn't hurt. However, my legs are telling me, "I don't wanna!" and I have to mentally push through.

I will be ordering Starting Strength shortly so I can figure out what is required for the program.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hahah! Squats are hard- they take a LOT of effort!

How many d.b's do you have (what weights??) For SS you'll almost definitely need an oly set and rack + bench- it's all about progression with the basic compound movements- BB row, squat, deadlift, OH press, and bench press You could do those with d.b's for a while, but you'll need more equipment very shortly

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squats are hard I agree. But once you get used to the motion I think it will get easier. Need to try the swiss ball ham curl. Thinking those could be painful in a good way! Have a great weekend Red!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Killer of Peanut Butter Fightingenetics's Avatar
    Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000) Fightingenetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have that feeling every time I start something new. It takes me a few workouts with that movement to get into the swing of it.

Nice workout!
    Daily Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111680521

"You are not tired. Your mind thinks you are tired. Your body is just warming up. Turn down the brain and turn up the weight."

Hahah! Squats are hard- they take a LOT of effort!

How many d.b's do you have (what weights??) For SS you'll almost definitely need an oly set and rack + bench- it's all about progression with the basic compound movements- BB row, squat, deadlift, OH press, and bench press You could do those with d.b's for a while, but you'll need more equipment very shortly
    Good to know. I spoke with honey to see what he wants, and he wants dbs right now. Eh. They'll hold us over.

Squats are hard I agree. But once you get used to the motion I think it will get easier. Need to try the swiss ball ham curl. Thinking those could be painful in a good way! Have a great weekend Red!
    Those swiss ball ham curls put me in my place at the PT's office. I have recently put them in theirs.

Originally Posted by Fightingenetics View Post
    I have that feeling every time I start something new. It takes me a few workouts with that movement to get into the swing of it.

Nice workout!
    Good to know that it's pretty normal. It's sort of becoming fun - in a quasi-intriguing way. Like, "Wow. That feels different. I didn't know those muscles existed," etc.

Thanks!

Rest Day

Quick thought about the pull ups: If I am doing neutral pull ups at my current weight, can you imagine the pull beast that I will become once I am ~40 pounds lighter? RAWR!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is the first week my honey has worked out each day (either weights or cardio) in a very long time. I told him about you all suggesting SS, that we would need a power rack and a bb set, and asked his opinion. He said that he's in the last phase of NROL and he's maxed out with our dbs. He would rather have those and wait on starting the SS program for a bit longer. If it means a lot to him for me to wait so that we can start the program together, then I will. Plus I probably need to keep a watch on my ankle for another month or so. Until then, I am buying the book and reading up on it.

Therefore, I finally decided on honey's Christmas present! I ordered him the 5 - 50 hex dumbbells with the rubber coat and stand. The lady at the store is super sweet and even lets me bring pup into the store. Since I have bought things from her before, she gave me their 20% off New Years and Black Friday price. Sweet! Now I have to figure out how to pick them up next week, get them into the house without honey knowing, and wrap them up in an inconspicuous way.

So thanks to those who helped me decide what to get him. Practicality won. I would much rather buy something that we will use and isn't some dust collector.

The following is our equipment plan:
    1. Next we get the power rack
    2. Then we get the oly bar. Why? I want to get the db hooks that Hobbs used to hang her dbs while she got into position. Trying to sit up/lie down with all of the weight (every 20+ pounds ) makes me a bit nervous. Honey is helping me right now.

Eh, I am thinking too much thanks to a rest day. I need to move!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the first week my honey has worked out each day (either weights or cardio) in a very long time. I told him about you all suggesting SS, that we would need a power rack and a bb set, and asked his opinion. He said that he's in the last phase of NROL and he's maxed out with our dbs. He would rather have those and wait on starting the SS program for a bit longer. If it means a lot to him for me to wait so that we can start the program together, then I will. Plus I probably need to keep a watch on my ankle for another month or so. Until then, I am buying the book and reading up on it.

Therefore, I finally decided on honey's Christmas present! I ordered him the 5 - 50 hex dumbbells with the rubber coat and stand. The lady at the store is super sweet and even lets me bring pup into the store. Since I have bought things from her before, she gave me their 20% off New Years and Black Friday price. Sweet! Now I have to figure out how to pick them up next week, get them into the house without honey knowing, and wrap them up in an inconspicuous way.

So thanks to those who helped me decide what to get him. Practicality won. I would much rather buy something that we will use and isn't some dust collector.
    Excellent!!! It'll be a very merry Christmas for sure! That's awesome the people at the store are so nice, dunno if you're planning on buying the rack/oly set there but I'd imagine they would hook you up being a repeat customer.
    The following is our equipment plan:
    1. Next we get the power rack
    2. Then we get the oly bar. Why? I want to get the db hooks that Hobbs used to hang her dbs while she got into position. Trying to sit up/lie down with all of the weight (every 20+ pounds ) makes me a bit nervous. Honey is helping me right now.
    As for the Country Power Hooks I will say those were a very solid investment for me (only $30 I think.) They're strong and well put together, and I was pretty rough with them and often time used 70-75lb dbs on them. A word of caution though - I strongly suggest you get used to using them before using them with full blown weight and going to failure. It's a bit different and awkward at first so get comfortable with them. Also the absolute safest way I have found to use them is to use them hanging on the bar to lift off and start your set, BUT at the end of the set BRING THE DBS BACK DOWN TO YOUR THIGHS (like I always do in my vids, it's very safe and effective.) I've had two "misses" where I could not rerack the hooks correctly which caused a dangerous situation (once with 75s), luckily I knew how to bail and walked away unhurt. Also when you're using them please secure your barbell to the rack bb holders with some bunjees or rope srs, so the bar doesn't roll around when you go to unrack your dbs attached to the hooks. That actually caused one of my misses, I bumped the bar trying to rerack these things and it rolled away from me. Just please be careful, there are dangers no matter what equipment you have, so be sure to figure out how to get out of a "stuck" situation if it ever occurs. But I had 2 incidents with them (due to me not securing things as well as I should have) in 2 years, and that's probably using them for like 10 sets a week. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk equipment, I lovvvve chatting about that stuff!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like excellent equipment plans!

You could wrap each db in a separate box so he thinks you got a BUNCH of presents. Also, put some dried beans in the box so it makes some noise to really confuse him (I'm assuming he shakes packages like I do )
    Julia

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You could wrap each db in a separate box so he thinks you got a BUNCH of presents. Also, put some dried beans in the box so it makes some noise to really confuse him (I'm assuming he shakes packages like I do )
    Hahaha! Great idea ^^^^ Awesome Christmas gift, Red! He'll love them for sure!

I can't wait to see you blow the socks off of Starting Strength!

Happy Weekend!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Aww, that's so awesome

Stephen and I always disguise our presents if they're too obvious- If it's a dvd or cd I'll wrap a sweater around it and then wrap it so it'll confuse him! Hahaha! It's fun!!!!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Lol wrap up the dbs in his own clothes he already owns, serious confuzzlement on that day will be had.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Aw puppie!

How do you like the office chairs? We need 1 or 2 new ones over here.

Happy Sunday REdSizzle!
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Excellent!!! It'll be a very merry Christmas for sure! That's awesome the people at the store are so nice, dunno if you're planning on buying the rack/oly set there but I'd imagine they would hook you up being a repeat customer.
    I hope so! Plus that means there isn't a shipping cost.

As for the Country Power Hooks I will say those were a very solid investment for me (only $30 I think.) They're strong and well put together, and I was pretty rough with them and often time used 70-75lb dbs on them. A word of caution though - I strongly suggest you get used to using them before using them with full blown weight and going to failure. It's a bit different and awkward at first so get comfortable with them. Also the absolute safest way I have found to use them is to use them hanging on the bar to lift off and start your set, BUT at the end of the set BRING THE DBS BACK DOWN TO YOUR THIGHS (like I always do in my vids, it's very safe and effective.) I've had two "misses" where I could not rerack the hooks correctly which caused a dangerous situation (once with 75s), luckily I knew how to bail and walked away unhurt. Also when you're using them please secure your barbell to the rack bb holders with some bunjees or rope srs, so the bar doesn't roll around when you go to unrack your dbs attached to the hooks. That actually caused one of my misses, I bumped the bar trying to rerack these things and it rolled away from me. Just please be careful, there are dangers no matter what equipment you have, so be sure to figure out how to get out of a "stuck" situation if it ever occurs. But I had 2 incidents with them (due to me not securing things as well as I should have) in 2 years, and that's probably using them for like 10 sets a week. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk equipment, I lovvvve chatting about that stuff!
    Thank you so much! I was going to ping you to see if you were willing to help out when we finally started getting this stuff. We really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Hahaha! Great idea ^^^^ Awesome Christmas gift, Red! He'll love them for sure!

I can't wait to see you blow the socks off of Starting Strength!

Happy Weekend!
    Aww, that's so awesome

Stephen and I always disguise our presents if they're too obvious- If it's a dvd or cd I'll wrap a sweater around it and then wrap it so it'll confuse him! Hahaha! It's fun!!!!
    ^^^Lol wrap up the dbs in his own clothes he already owns, serious confuzzlement on that day will be had.
    These are so funny. That's a lot of wrapping to do! brb, going out to buy more paper.

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    Aw puppie!

How do you like the office chairs? We need 1 or 2 new ones over here.

Happy Sunday REdSizzle!
    We love those chairs! They're so comfy and my back doesn't hurt by the end of the day. They were $200/each, but honey had seen the same brand chair with a head rest as its only difference at one of the office supply stores for $400. We're pretty darn happy.

Upper Body

Push ups
    knees x 8
    BW x 3
    BW x 4
    BW x 3

Rows
    26 x 8
    26 x 8
    26 x 8

Neutral pull ups
    BW x 8 secs
    BW x 8 secs
    BW x 8 secs

Underhand grip lat pull-down
    50 x 8
    80 x 8
    80 x 8
    80 x 8

db chest press
    40 x 8

Dips from bench with legs straight out and ankles on floor

OHPs

We had dinner really late last night, and I was trying eat a lot of protein. Needless to say, my belly was still felt pretty heavy this morning going into my work out. By the time I finished my first set of bench presses, I became extremely nauseous and had to stop. I was pretty lightheaded and nauseous for about 30 minutes after that. Grrrr. We normally don't eat that late.

~~~~~~~~

I hate drama! So much is going on here at work. Someone used my name, "Well, Redfizz said this, too," when complaining about her subordinate, my peer. All I said was that I didn't need her to take notes, because her note-taking skills were not that great, and I rely on them too much for them to not be correct. Instead, it had been twisted when my name was being used. Needless to say, my peer is completely hostile to me now, no one trusts anyone, and I cannot wait for this contract to end. I have so much more to say about this crap, but...ARGH! I am sick of people who cannot do their jobs and rely on throwing others under the bus when they don't get their way. 'Nuff said.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Red~

Sorry I have MIA lately - but I just spent a few minutes reading the last three pages of your journal. Lots of interesting input from your peeps and soul searching posts from you. I think this is the one that resonates the most with me as an indicator of your resolve and the reason why I know you will reach your goals. Based on this, you are already appreciating the journey which, in my estimation, is more than half the battle:

Just a quick note, I may be sad about the progress pictures, but I am not depressed about them if that makes any sense. The sadness is a good kind. Seeing the small improvements in the midst of the weight gain totally inspires me to keep going. The broken ankle was one of the best things that happened. I am so proud of working out in the boot, and it has proven to me that I have so much more drive and abilitiy within myself that I never knew I had. I have been a lifting fool ever since!!! My next set of progress pics are going to be pretty darn good.
    Keep focusing on what you've achieved, carve out intermediate (or mini) goals and enjoy every day you can workout!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad you got something you guys will use I agree way better than a dust collector. You could always just wrap a "coupon" in a box and then keep the dumbell set hidden too.

I find when I eat heavy and late I am the same way in the mornings - hope your feeling better.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great workout Red. In our office my hubs stenciled, "Excuses are tools for incompetence." It is pretty handy when someone gives us an excuse on why they didn't do their job right. I can't stand it when people throw you under the bus cause they are STUPID!!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Hey Red~

Sorry I have MIA lately - but I just spent a few minutes reading the last three pages of your journal. Lots of interesting input from your peeps and soul searching posts from you. I think this is the one that resonates the most with me as an indicator of your resolve and the reason why I know you will reach your goals. Based on this, you are already appreciating the journey which, in my estimation, is more than half the battle:

Keep focusing on what you've achieved, carve out intermediate (or mini) goals and enjoy every day you can workout!

CC
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Glad you got something you guys will use I agree way better than a dust collector. You could always just wrap a "coupon" in a box and then keep the dumbell set hidden too.

I find when I eat heavy and late I am the same way in the mornings - hope your feeling better.
    We have been eating a tad lighter and earlier the past few days, and it's really helped!

Great workout Red. In our office my hubs stenciled, "Excuses are tools for incompetence." It is pretty handy when someone gives us an excuse on why they didn't do their job right. I can't stand it when people throw you under the bus cause they are STUPID!!!
    That's a great saying! I spoke to the girl who got in trouble and we're okay, but not great. I am trying to find a new job. Blerg.

Leg Day

Lunges - one leg on chair (each leg)
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Squats
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    It's official: I do not like lunges. That's probably because my legs are pretty weak and it's annoying. I am still pushing through nonetheless.

DLs
    52 x 8
    52 x 8
    52 x 8

Leg Press (each leg)
    60 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 8

Band-around-ankles side step with calf raises
    Gray band across the room and back x 3 times

swiss ball ham curl
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

It was a decent workout. My legs felt like did a lot of work with the squats and DLs.

~~~~~~~~

Some of honey's coworkers are coming in from out of town and they haven't seen him in months. They are all expressing amazement to him about how much his body is changing: He's getting broader and his tummy is getting smaller. Needless to say, that has lit a fire under him and he's getting up with me in the mornings to work out. He's also flexing for me every chance he gets. It's adorable, but sometimes telling him how awesome his arms are and having to stop what I am doing to feel how hard they are 40 times a day gets exhausting. lulz I am proud of him.

I have been a slacker in everyone's journal. Lots to do around here!

Happy hump day!

Aww, sorry to hear your job is stressing you out Hope you land something you like more quickly!

Nice workout! That's so cute about your hubby! I try to encourage Stephen as much as possible because it always motivates him Hahaha! It's cute

That is so cute about your hubs flexing!
    I hated lunges when I first started too. HATED them. But they get easier. The walking lunges were always the worst in my opinion! Great workout Red!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    haha your hubby is too cute but definitely helps having an outsider recognize your changes I find - seems to mean more it is so hard to find the differences in our bodies when we look at them every day.

I LOVE biceps totally one of my favourite body parts so enjoy rubbing the flexed arms

Aww, sorry to hear your job is stressing you out Hope you land something you like more quickly!

Nice workout! That's so cute about your hubby! I try to encourage Stephen as much as possible because it always motivates him Hahaha! It's cute
    Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    haha your hubby is too cute but definitely helps having an outsider recognize your changes I find - seems to mean more it is so hard to find the differences in our bodies when we look at them every day.

I LOVE biceps totally one of my favourite body parts so enjoy rubbing the flexed arms
    He is pretty darn endearing. He's receiving so much positive feedback this week about his body changing shape. Last night his shoulders and upper back were sore from a workout, so I started rubbing that area for him to try to work out any kinks. As I was doing that, he said in a relieved and painful tone, "Ohhhhhhh...ooouuuuuch...ohhh maaaaaaan....hey, does my back feel harder? Why are you giggling?...Ohhhhhhh..."

That is so cute about your hubs flexing!
    I hated lunges when I first started too. HATED them. But they get easier. The walking lunges were always the worst in my opinion! Great workout Red!!
    Whew! I am glad that this is perfectly normal. Obviously my inner thighs down to my knees are weak. The is a lull of DOMs there now.

Core Day

Plank
    1 minute x 3 times
    Today was the first non-alternative version. I am now at 90* rather than 45*. Today they were as annoying as the first time I did the 45* planks, but considering how quickly those improved, I am pretty darn excited.

Captain's chair (front)
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Captain's chair (obliques - each side)
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Woodchops - low to high
    20 x 8
    20 x 8
    20 x 8
    Increased from 15lbs

Woodchops - high to low
    20 x 8
    20 x 8
    20 x 8
    Increased from 15lbs

Swiss ball prone jackknife
    BW x 8
    3lbs in each hand x 8
    3lbs in each hand x 8

Ham/glute leg lift off of the back of the couch
    8lbs x 8
    8 x 8
    8 x 8

Side planks each side - Alternative with knees on the floor
    BW x 60 seconds
    BW x 60
    BW x 60
    These are new and annoying, which means they'll be awesome.

My core is super sore now that I have increased weights and difficulty. It's awesome.

I was sort of questioning myself for buying the 5lb weights for honey's db set thinking, "Pfft. Those are Barbie weights! We will never need to use those!" Well, now that I added 3lbs to each hand to increase the intensity of the prone cobra, the 5lb weights will do just fine.

Speaking of which, they arrived in the store yesterday, so I will be picking them up tomorrow since honey will be working. Gotta be stealthy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Body Media
    It's been about 5 weeks since I received and started using the Body Media. After the first week or two, my average calorie deficit was ~150 - 200 calories/day. So thanks to seeing what the real burn was vs the intake, I adjusted my behaviors (e.g., I don't sit and watch TV as much as I used to, and I find excuses to do things around the house now) as well as my caloric intake. Last week's caloric deficit average was a little more than 500, and this week's is a bit more than 700. My goal is to keep it between 700-500, which I hope translates to ~.5 lb loss a week. Is that right? Or is that 1lb. I think it's 1. Is that a good rate? I do not want to throw my system off again.

My average daily macros are:
    Protein - 30%, 112g
    Carbs - 44%, 184g
    Fat - 26%, 41g

Does that look right? We are working diligently to increase the protein. I think it's up by ~20g from a few weeks ago. (I bet that's because of the 2 doz eggs we buy from Costco now ) Though yesterday I hit 150g, and the day before that it was 130g. It's getting there.

By the way, it's amazing what taking wine out of the equation did for my numbers! Plus I am sleeping better and ready to go in the morning. Last night I had ONE glass and I woke up at 1am and had a lull of a headache this morning. What the heck? Looks like I am going to have a surplus in my grocery budget soon thanks to kicking the wine out! Though my friend did suggest that it simply means that I need to have my glass for lunch.

And just because she's awesome, here's pup during today's workout. It's good to be pup!

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    crap on a cracker i haven't planked up in months and months and months! nice core work and cute pups as always.

lol yes have your wine early
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    another yes on wine early.

I always do it wrong though and keep drinking...

Macros look like a good place to start. I prefer higher fat, but that's just because I get hungry on less than 50-60g. Try and see how you like it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

I always drink my alcohol before supper, that way I get nice and buzzed on the empty tummy, AND the meal soaks it all up and kills the hangover Plus food tastes better when you're buzzed lol!

Cals/macros look good! I think I'd lower the carbs a teensy bit and up the protein/fats though, but just a suggestion If you like this and you feel fine on these macros, then that's all that matters

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is pup her name or just her bb.om user name? She is so darn cute!

I would also up fats and protein a bit and lower carbs (if that total amount fits your caloric goal). And, yes, a 500 calorie deficit = 3500 cals per week = 1lb loss (mathematically anyway). Doesn't mean the body won't play tricks on you now and again! Weight loss or gain never seems to be exactly as planned!
    Julia

^^^aint that the truth.

Great work Red - love the info your getting from your body media.

Nice core day Red, awww your pup looks so snuggly! Dat belly, still wanna rub dat belly.

Yeah a 500-700 deficit should do it, I usually lose 0.5lbs a week on that. A full lb a week is too fast IMO.
    Current PRs:

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Fizz!

Sorry about the MIA lately, busy and tired with no energy to even get on and make random replies lol.

As for SS you can use DB's for a little while but eventually you will need an Oly bar. When I ran it my warm up sets were with the DB's and the 3 sets of 5 reps were usually with the bar and added weight. Here's a warm up calculator to help determine some numbers, it worked really well for me. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6937101&page=1
    If you are running the program right you should be increasing weight every week (as a women invest in micro plates since 5lbs increases are tough for most) in the beginning and it will level off as you advance.

Your hubby sounds so cute, walking around flexing I'm glad he is taking health seriously and that he likes the results! Your Christmas present sounds awesome, I agree with Ham, wrap that shiz in his own clothes and give him a WTF moment lol.

Your diet plan sounds good 500-700 may make it to a 1lb a week or not, I've run deficits like that before and it was never linear. I like that the Body Media is a physical reminder to get up on move, I want to get the display for mine so I can look at it before I plug it in. I third, fourth or fifth increasing at least fat to about 60grams or at least 50, but if this working then don't fix what ain't broken and if down the road you feel run down you can try increasing fats then.

Gawd, puppers is too cute for words!
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281